Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #913
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Greenie I'm not trying to offend you at all and I think you are being a little defensive. I have no problem admitting I was wrong with the turnovers and I see your point. That's fine. You did a ****ing awesome job and I was just trying to be frank in pointing stuff out. I just want to help you reach the best conclusion possible. I'm not saying I could do any better at all, but it was something I thought I should mention.

As for the dunks though, didn't Geebo lower the Dunk tendency? Rose's dunk tendency is a 2. The attempt dunk slider is 11. But if I am playing as the Bulls and I get a fast break with Rose and want to dunk (which he does on occasion, I mean he has his own dunk package in the game) it is only realistic for the option to be there. The tendency of the actual player is a 2, so i can virtually guarantee the CPU will almost never pull off dunks as him. No?

I'm sorry, Dean. I guess what frustrates me is that I don't feel like I've done anything at all (especially w/ the move to AS, since the only other thing I figured out was shooting % by location on the floor-- ruined w/ the move to AS) and that the set is pure hype, except finding the perfectly palatable TO solution. I took a game that averages 7 TO's on default and doubled that; nearly driving myself insane in the process. To me, there is zero else to separate the set from any other set.

I'm also not saying, "Do it better if you think you can", because this isn't difficult. All the complicated formulas, I copied off the web. All the info is available on the web. This is child's play. Anyone can do this. It just takes an idea and the ignorance to then stuff round pegs in square holes and say they fit. It takes wanting to see whatever it is you are seeing. It's marketing, hype, bs, networking, etc. In other words, you can do it better.

NBA 2k makes nothing clear (except perhaps player's shot tendencies, since the 4 have to equal 100), so I know nothing. If anyone wants to run with my set and do their own thing please do. And please don't even credit me.

Obviously, Dean, if you look back through the thread, I am not just talking about you (and not you either ATL). It's just the repeated indication that this is some ****ing fantasy world that drives me crazy. And, of course, the wont to argue with the history of the NBA.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #914
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta
why you bein so sensitive greenie? people are just providing feedback, you seem a little defensive whenever someone says something against one of your fans is providing feedback... if you upped the passing ability by a couple points it would make a huge margin helping with the unrealistic and negative effects of the turnovers. that's just my opinion, i've been getting realistic turnovers ever since raising it by 2, 3 points forget which.

Dude, seriously, why the hell are you my fan? That's weird. That's exactly why I'm sensitive.

Be my friend or hate me or ignore my existence. Treat me like I had 10 posts. But please, a fan (or enemy, for that matter) of me or the set?! Why?!

Look, I'm sorry, you're probably young (?), but don't be a fan of some loser who decided to sit in his house for a month, throwing his life away, living a video game. Be a fan of Lars Von Trier, Tristan Tzara, Celine, Alfred Hitchcock, Matisse, Picasso, Andre Breton, Valery, Rilke, Nietzsche, Lil Wayne, etc. Not me. I'm a loser without a life.

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-06-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #915
MVP

OVR: 7

Been busy lately, so I just got to play on all-star(if you updated the coach profiles in the last 2 sets I didnt do them) The 8-1 Wiz went to Boston to take on the 2-8 Celtics and won 95-94. It was back and forth all game untill I stormed to take a 10 point lead late 3rd/early 4, they fought back and it was close and it came down to the last seconds as Waall hit a stepback jumper over Wal for the lead and then strong defense forced Rondo to take the last shot, a 3 and he missed and i got the broad and the win!

Wiz/Tics
Fied Goals: 35-70(50%)/42-92(45%)
3's: 4-17(23%)/ 3-7(42%)
Free Throws: 21-25(84%)/7-12(58%)
assists: 22/25
turnovers: 21/13
rebounds: 36(3 off.)/35(5 off.) bit almaring here
steals: 12/16
blocks: 13/1
PIP: 42/44
bench: 29/28
2nd chance: 0/10
fast break: 6/16

Key Players:
Beaubois 18 points 1 steal
Nick Young 15 points 1 1 block
Wall 15 points 11 assists 1 steal 1 block

Pierce 27 points 5 broads 2 steals 1 block
allen 18 points
rondo 11 points 12 assists 5 steals 9 tos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #916
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Dude, seriously, why the hell are you my fan? That's weird. That's exactly why I'm sensitive.

Be my friend or hate me or ignore my existence. Treat me like I had 10 posts. But please, a fan (or enemy, for that matter) of me or the set?! Why?!

Look, I'm sorry, you're probably young (?), but don't be a fan of some loser who decided to sit in his house for a month, throwing his life away, living a video game. Be a fan of Lars Von Trier, Tristan Tzara, Celine, Alfred Hitchcock, Matisse, Picasso, Andre Breton, Valery, Rilke, Nietzsche, Lil Wayne, etc. Not me. I'm a loser without a life.
one of your fans was referring to dean, but guess you are sensitive if you're gonna type all that up after a choice of words in one post. no one's tryng to offend you or anything, dunno what the hostility is for.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #917
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think everyone needs to chill the s*** out lol!

I think Greenie is frustrated due to the fact that he's said time and time again the the TO's are a little overboard due to his band aid system he did to get them more realistic (I think Greenie?). He's also said time and time again that if you don't like it, just change the 2 or 3 sliders related to the issue.......but people keep telling him that he's wrong or something which would s*** me to tears too if I had already offered up a resolution.

You gotta remember guys, Greenie has been living this game for months and he might simply just be burnt out......it might be time for us to just take ownership and start tweaking to our personal style.......and remember, at the end of the day, this is a GAME lol!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #918
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Try manually saving everything after you change it. Go into the menu and save your settings and profile and everything after you make the changes.
Already tried that too but still won't work. I had the game set to auto save but I even changed to manual and it doesn't work. I have tried to save all my settings and sliders right after editing them.

When I go back they're not what I had. It doesn't involve the sliders for some reason. They will save as what I made them but not the settings. I don't get this! I've never had this problem before with any NBA 2K game. This is weird!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 01-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #919
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue

We're All Loser without life ... don't take it so seriously...

But If the game take you to this point, take a breath dude, take a Bball ball and go do some shot or do anything else ! Close thread and Keep this set at final.It's not do for ****ed up your head.

People will tweak themself and did their own sliders maybe with this base or another and that's all !

Quote:
If anyone wants to run with my set and do their own thing please do. And please don't even credit me.
Not Ok with that, if anyone do this, he must credit you, cause you've did an amazing job.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #920
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
We're All Loser without life ... don't take it so seriously...

But If the game take you to this point, take a breath dude, take a Bball ball and go do some shot or do anything else ! Close thread and Keep this set at final.It's not do for ****ed up your head.

People will tweak themself and did their own sliders maybe with this base or another and that's all !

Not Ok with that, if anyone do this, he must credit you, cause you've did an amazing job.
Hear hear!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »