Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #993
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
3.0 i believe

O.k., cool. Just checking to line them up w/ my stats. Thanks.

I got my posterior handed to me in the 2nd game. So, that's good news.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #994
Rookie

OVR: 4

Been following this thread and using the sliders since pre-patch. Played a game lakers vs. knicks(me)....great game, perfect stats.

also i did make 2 edits, i have pass accuracy at 48 and i play on 11 minute quarters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stats.jpg (84.3 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by hugeheadguy; 01-11-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #995
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Controller Settings

Shot Stick: Absolute

Right Stick Defense: Absolute
Greenie, can you explain me what does it change in the game ? thx.

excited face to the idea of test the new set when I see the stats of Hugegeadguy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #996
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

My games are great so far, stats are fine and they balance themselves across multiple games. Be careful my friend in changing again, you're almost there! ;-) I'm joking of course, but I see that other people are enjoying them and getting good results.

If only I could win more... just won 1 game so far against the best team in my association (Dallas), go figure. One game I shoot 48% from the field and lost to a CPU shooting 52%. That's the usual scenario when I lose, a CPU shooting way better than me and hitting almost everything. I played against very good teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Boston) and I still have injuried starters, we'll see in my next games against less strong teams.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #997
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
My games are great so far, stats are fine and they balance themselves across multiple games. Be careful my friend in changing again, you're almost there! ;-) I'm joking of course, but I see that other people are enjoying them and getting good results.

If only I could win more... just won 1 game so far against the best team in my association (Dallas), go figure. One game I shoot 48% from the field and lost to a CPU shooting 52%. That's the usual scenario when I lose, a CPU shooting way better than me and hitting almost everything. I played against very good teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Boston) and I still have injuried starters, we'll see in my next games against less strong teams.
Slowing the game down (Player speed= 44, Quickness= 39-- not the pace) helped me get a handle on the inevitable (and realistic) runs. I knew when they were happening before the slowdown that I was getting frustrated and playing too fast, thus leading to game-ending miscues. When you get down 20, it's very hard to mount a comeback because you need stops and good shots 10 times in a row just to tie.

What I am most impressed w/ on AS is the impact of good defense. It really feels like playing sound positional defense has an impact on the CPU. Slowing the game down has helped with this, as well.

I'll admit now, I was going through the motions on PRO. On AS, I can't. I have to work to get shots, work to defend, work to win. It's not about "competition". It's about playing sound fundamental basketball to win. And, of course, your teams talent can bail you out there.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out is why the CPU seems to shoot amazingly (i.e. +50%) on 49 (mid, close) and poorly (-40%) on 48, while I seem to be able to shoot fine on both settings. 3pt shots are a little wild, too-- 52= lights out/ 51= brick city. And why the CPU is turning the ball over only 5-10 times, while I remain 10-20.

Anyway, I've simmed ahead to the next preseason and will play my way through and figure these things out. That will be final and we're talking about 4-5 sliders, 1-2 clicks.

Not much left, 3.0 is basically final.

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #998
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Greenie, can you explain me what does it change in the game ? thx.

excited face to the idea of test the new set when I see the stats of Hugegeadguy

For me, it feels like I can get to the hoop (around defenders) and perform dunks/layups a little easier with these settings. It might only depend on the camera you use, though.

I also kind of hoped that it would have an affect on the default passing inaccuracy. Not sure about that, though.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #999
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugeheadguy
Been following this thread and using the sliders since pre-patch. Played a game lakers vs. knicks(me)....great game, perfect stats.

also i did make 2 edits, i have pass accuracy at 48 and i play on 11 minute quarters

Looks good, man. Very surprised you got the CPU to turn the ball over +10 @ 48 pass acc (both hum/cpu?).

Did you use the latest set?

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-11-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #1000
Rookie

OVR: 4

yea, i used the latest set. i will post some more stats after i finish a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »