Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #1017
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
in my opinion 3.0 is total money! having great games, challenging, fun, and teams playing like they should.....loving it! Greenie, apply for a job with 2K mate haha
Thanks, pabby.

Lol. Naa. They don't want me. I'm not really a team player, and I have a business to run.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #1018
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Happy you are enjoying the set.

The reason for the difference in FGA is in the FTA. Shooting fouls (except "and-1's") aren't counted as FGA, so the more FTA the less FGA.

I believe "and-1's" are determined by the contact shot slider, but if you lower it too much, your at rim and close shooting percentages will sink. This is because all shots inside or close that result in contact w/ no foul will fall less. So be careful or you'll have difficulty converting bunnies.
yeah, as soon as i posted that analysis i figured out that shooting fouls aren't counted as FGA. with that in mind, i'll slightly alter my game & try not to take as many shots in the paint with Bron & Wade (which is difficult to accomplish since Wade, a lil more than Bron, can blow by nearly any defender on nearly every offensive possesion in the game).

**i mean, i do believe players like Bron, Wade, Kobe, Melo, extc... can blow by anybody whenever they feel like it but they limit that skill to try and get teammates involved in the offense. also i've noticed that Wade (in NBA2K11) gets hurt atleast every 3 or 4 games if u beast into the paint with him.

i lowered contact shot success slider to 43(-1). im testing that out...

im playing ATL(cpu) @ MIA(me) right now. I'll post the game stats asap. good looking out greenie

Last edited by iameich; 01-12-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #1019
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

ATL(cpu) 80 [email protected] MIA(me) 87

32/80 (40%) -FG- 33/75 (44%)
5/17 (29%) -3pt- 4/16 (25%)
11/16 (68%) -FT- 17/24 (70%)
12 -Ast- 17
11 -TO- 13
19 -Fls- 11
43 (5 Off) -Rebs- 41 (5 Off)
12 -Stl- 9
2 -Blk- 7
18 -PIP- 42
4 -2ndPts- 6
2 -FstPts- 10

key players:
MIA(me)
D.Wade 28pts 3reb 2ast 3stl
C.Bosh 20pts 10reb 3ast 2stl 2blk
L.James 17pts 9reb 7ast 2stl 1blk

ATL(cpu)
J.Johnson 25pts 9reb 0ast 3stl 1blk
Ja.Crawford 17pts 3reb 2ast 0/0 3pt
A.Horford 12pts 6reb 2ast

didnt really feel any challenge by the Hawks. i had control of the game and a 10pt lead the entire ball game (except for the last couple mins lol). i monitored my drives with Bron & Wade. took a lot of in rhythm jumpers and didnt force the offense (u can tell by LeBron's 17pts). these sliders on ALL STAR have a really good feel to them.

*a lot of NBA teams average 80+ FGA. although the CPU gets up about 80+ FGA, Humans (maybe, due to the high shooting foul numbers) attempt about 70-75 FGs. i think I'll also alter my play a bit by not running so many plays and playing a lil more fast paced in the openning quarters of the game.

**also, I played this game with contested shot success at 43(-1). I've got to say, i felt a really good balance of "and-1s" throughout the game. surprised at the few that did go in.

greenie or anybody else holla back wit some feed back!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #1020
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do you guys change also the coach profiles of every team? Because I can't figure on how to change those. I'm uncomfortable using the slider without following the required setting of the maker of these one. (changing coach profiles). It felt awkward because I can't change coach profile.. Again.. changing coach profile, is it very necessary? or its optional?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1021
Rookie

OVR: 3

it greatly improves the gameplay, definitely worth it, use nogsters on 360 or geebo's on ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #1022
Rookie

jermo's Arena

OVR: 1

1st off been following this thread for a while, big ups to greenie and everyone else who helped put these sliders together. just wanted to know if you guys are setting run plays to 100 for every team or leaving it as is. Also i don't know if its just my luck but the cpu is hitting EVERYTHING, with guys in their face, double teamed, doesn't matter, any 1 else?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #1023
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermo
1st off been following this thread for a while, big ups to greenie and everyone else who helped put these sliders together. just wanted to know if you guys are setting run plays to 100 for every team or leaving it as is. Also i don't know if its just my luck but the cpu is hitting EVERYTHING, with guys in their face, double teamed, doesn't matter, any 1 else?
Same happens to me, or better, the CPU doesn't cheese or cheat, but is able to hit very contested shots. I see a lot of fadeaways from great jump shooters just to put some space between them and you. CPU can also shoot good % regularly, but so far I blamed myself for my losses. CPU is able to exploit the human controlled defender better in AS, so you have to be extra careful by keeping up with the player you are defending.

I believe it's a matter of practice.

I left Run Plays at default settings.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #1024
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

I just made an average of my last 5 games (I need to input two more in my stat sheet) and I realized that CPU bench is killing me! Through 5 games (played with slider set 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 3.0 and 3.0 respectively with coach profiles) the CPU bench is averaging 36 PPG against my 16 PPG. Wow, never realized it till now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »