Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #1073
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Played my first game on 3.2(I see 3.3 was just posted though) I lost to the Blazers 123-114, high scoring as expected with the shooting raise. It was close all game, but they ran me out of the game in the 4th quarter

Blazers/Wiz
Field Goals: 46-81(56%)/37-85(43%)
3's: 5-11(45%)/7-16(43%)
free throws: 26-30(86%)/33-43(76%)
assists: 26/24
turnovers: 18/9
rebounds: 43(8 off.)/26(7 off.0
steals: 7/15
blocks: 9/7
PIP: 54/50
bench: 49/33
2nd chance: 14/9
fast break: 0/8

key players
Roy 21 points 7 broads 8 assists 2 steals 1 block
alridge 17 points 9 broads 3 blocks
oden 16 points 9 broads 2 blocks
Miller 15 points

Wall 34 points 10 assists 4 steals 1 block
blatche 20 points 3 steals 2 blocks
Jake Robinson 18 points

Jake the snake! Lol.

How did you get them to turn it over 18 times? On-ball steals? Just wondering how you managed to stay under 10 and have them over 15...
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #1074
MVP

Just posted updated Help D.

All coach profiles updated to current stats.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #1075
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Jake the snake! Lol.

How did you get them to turn it over 18 times? On-ball steals? Just wondering how you managed to stay under 10 and have them over 15...
I got 1 or 2 on ball steals at the most, they made bad passes and i some how made good passes most of the game(rare for me), probs a fluke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #1076
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Played two games with 3.2 and... lost both :-)

First game, MIL @ ORL, was a well played game, with no strange behavior by the CPU. My team committed too many fouls and got heavily outrebounded.

On the other hand second game, HOU @ ORL, was ridiculous. The way Houston plays is a bit unrealistic to say the least. Look at those numbers, it's impossible to win against a team who shoots this way. Aaron brooks is unstoppable, he makes superfast sprint along the perimeter till you fall behind and then he shoots threes, netting most of them. I was also killed by fastbreaks, you can't keep up with a team who runs so fast the floor. Ball Handling is responsible for how fast a player runs with the ball, but this was mostly team related.

I mean, sliders are great Greenie, games are so cool and every change you make has sense. You really made a huge job with the actual set and I wouldn't make changes myself, honest! I'm afraid the the All-Star games are some way "plotted" by the game logic. I often see CPU go up by 20, at which point you start again hitting every shot until the CPU feels you getting close. I mean, there is something more here than players attributes. Some shots HAVE to go down, one way or another. Most parts of the game are spot on (blocks, rebounds, steals, etc.) but shooting is hands down on CPU side in my opinion.

Having said that, I'll continue to play this damn game with your sliders, because it still amazes me every time. Playing All Star adds a lot of frustration. I don't care losing, but I care HOW I lose. The Orlando Magic is a team that should win IF you don't make mistakes. Each game I make very few mistakes CPU makes ZERO. At this point I've lost the concept "you win against team you should win and you lose against team you are supposed to lose"

Of course this could be ALL MY FAULT (= the way I play = BAD, eh eh). But I'm a positive guy and I know I will improve ;-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto 1.JPG (107.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg foto 2.JPG (105.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #1077
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
I got 1 or 2 on ball steals at the most, they made bad passes and i some how made good passes most of the game(rare for me), probs a fluke
O.k, cool. I'm happy about it. Just wanted to figure out how it happened.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #1078
Rookie

OVR: 0

can i use these same sliders but with pro?
Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #1079
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Played two games with 3.2 and... lost both :-)

First game, MIL @ ORL, was a well played game, with no strange behavior by the CPU. My team committed too many fouls and got heavily outrebounded.

On the other hand second game, HOU @ ORL, was ridiculous. The way Houston plays is a bit unrealistic to say the least. Look at those numbers, it's impossible to win against a team who shoots this way. Aaron brooks is unstoppable, he makes superfast sprint along the perimeter till you fall behind and then he shoots threes, netting most of them. I was also killed by fastbreaks, you can't keep up with a team who runs so fast the floor. Ball Handling is responsible for how fast a player runs with the ball, but this was mostly team related.

I mean, sliders are great Greenie, games are so cool and every change you make has sense. You really made a huge job with the actual set and I wouldn't make changes myself, honest! I'm afraid the the All-Star games are some way "plotted" by the game logic. I often see CPU go up by 20, at which point you start again hitting every shot until the CPU feels you getting close. I mean, there is something more here than players attributes. Some shots HAVE to go down, one way or another. Most parts of the game are spot on (blocks, rebounds, steals, etc.) but shooting is hands down on CPU side in my opinion.

Having said that, I'll continue to play this damn game with your sliders, because it still amazes me every time. Playing All Star adds a lot of frustration. I don't care losing, but I care HOW I lose. The Orlando Magic is a team that should win IF you don't make mistakes. Each game I make very few mistakes CPU makes ZERO. At this point I've lost the concept "you win against team you should win and you lose against team you are supposed to lose"

Of course this could be ALL MY FAULT (= the way I play = BAD, eh eh). But I'm a positive guy and I know I will improve ;-D

The swing in FG% is beautiful but, you're right, it does seem to favor the CPU. I've been trying to figure out if that is attributable to my shot selection, some other factor, or if the CPU does have an inherent AS shooting boost.

The shrinking TO rate is maddening to me.

Next time you get a chance, give 3.3 a shot. We'll get it right.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #1080
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermain02
can i use these same sliders but with pro?

You can, but you'll probably win a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »