Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #1089
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

After Geebo released the 5.0 rosters I finally decided to start my franchise. I'm playing with the Grizzlies - I've never played with them before, so I'm making mistakes while running plays. On top of that I'm no wizard with the iso-motion. So take this into consideration when you read my stats I've played about 4 games before I started the association to try to learn the sliders (what can I do and how do I play with Grizzlies). I pretty much got blown out in all 4 but decided to start my franchise and learn while playing...

The 1st game of the season was at home vs. the Hawks. Early on I struggled to keep pace with them. They opened a 14 point lead early in the 2nd quarter. But then something nice happened - it was as if my defense started to pick up the slack and we forced some turnovers which lead to easy scores. We got close but still trailed 46-39 at the half. The good play continued in the 3rd quarter and we were only down by 4 points heading into the 4th. But then the Hawks caught fire - and I mean fire!!! They went on a 3 point spree and opened the quarter with a 12-0 run We kept battling and we're able to get the score to 95-91 with 40 seconds to go. But then we ran out of fire-power and the Hawks won 99-91.

Here are the stats:

Hawks (cpu) at Grizzlies (user)
Score: 99-91
FGs: 36/71 50% , 35/79 44%
3pt FGs: 10/13 76% , 7/18 38%
FTs: 17/22 77% , 14/22 63%
Assists: 23 , 22
Turnovers: 17 , 12
Rebs: 41 , 35
Off. Rebs: 4 , 7
Steals: 9 , 11
Blocks: 4 , 4
Pts in paint: 28 , 42

I love that I have to focus for 48 minutes and constantly make tactical changes to try and stay with the CPU. If I slack off for a second the CPU makes me pay. One thing I think should be looked at with the sliders are that you HAVE to keep feeding the big-men if you want to keep the score close. I know that you can't keep scoring on jumpers all game, but right now the advantage of keep pumping the ball down low is just too big. Maybe lower inside & close shots and raise medium. Also I think the human shooting sliders should 1 point higher than the CPU, but I only played a few games (and shot a lower % than the CPU in every game) so hopefully I can turn that around once I get to know my Grizzlies better

But awesome work with these sliders so far. They are SO close to being perfect for my style of play! Thanks a bunch!!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by kongemeier; 01-15-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #1090
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

A question:

are for anybody using these sliders injuries still an issue ?
I lost 1 player in the first game, the Knicks lost 2 players in the second and now I lost 3(!) players in the third one, including Roy.

Should I turn down the injuries slider or up the durability slider or even both ?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #1091
Rookie

OVR: 0

will these sliders work properly with rashidi's roster? seeing that he has one for 360 and the one posted pm page 1 (and above) is for PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #1092
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
A question:

are for anybody using these sliders injuries still an issue ?
I lost 1 player in the first game, the Knicks lost 2 players in the second and now I lost 3(!) players in the third one, including Roy.

Should I turn down the injuries slider or up the durability slider or even both ?
The point is that at 50 injuries are too few. When you start a new association there are no injured players, so in the first games of the season the game logic generates a series of injuries based on the slider value, showing a lot of injured players in and out of the game. After 10-15 games everything about injuries will even out, even if you'll hardly have no one injured in your team along the season. At one point I had 5, but this happened in one game only (2 out and 3 hurt).

I like injuries at 51 because it forces you to use the bench more.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #1093
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

The way I play my association I select one game each week to play and sim the rest. So my Grizzlies headed into Oakland to play the Warriors with a 0-4 record. The plan here was to slow the tempo down and let Gasol and Randolph get the ball down low often. Guess what... I WON!!

Grizzlies (user) at Warriors (CPU)
Score: 99-92
FGs: 32/72 44% , 35/73 47%
3pt FGs: 7/20 35% , 4/11 36%
FTs: 28/32 87% , 18/24 75%
Assists: 18 , 15
Turnovers: 13 , 17
Rebs: 36 , 41
Off. Rebs: 3 , 4
Steals: 16 , 6
Blocks: 6 , 3
Pts in paint: 28 , 40
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #1094
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just played a crazy game using rashidi's roster and the new slider's. The game was close throughout, till the 3rd quarter, where i got outscored 30-15, i forgot what the exact score was but the Celtics were up by 10 going into the 4th. I had to fight back in the 4th and tied the game with about 2 mins left on the clock. The Celtics kept feeding KG in the paint and took the lead by one. I then missed a shot from mid range (bad shot) and then i played shut down D on pierce to force him to take a bad 3 point attempt with the shot clock running out. I then called a timeout with 3 secs left, but couldn't get a good look at the basket. GREAT GAME!

Heat(me) Vs. Celtics

Score: 93 - 94
FGs: 35/75 46% - 39/86 45%
3pt FGs: 6/15 40% - 4/12 33%
FTs: 17/23 73% - 12/16 75%
Assists: 19 - 22
TOs: 11 - 9
Fouls: 10 - 14
Rebs: 43 - 41
OReb: 4 - 7
Steals: 6 - 7
Blocks: 4 - 3
PIP: 52 - 48

Last edited by ~: AkaDemiK :~; 01-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #1095
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've Tried the new set.

My average of shot is good.

but I don't understand why i've got totaly different stat than the person who have post before AkaDmeik and Kongemeir who have good TO' score but in my game there's too much.

Total rebound and Block are weird too.

Will try another game later but not really convicted maybe it's my fault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #1096
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebo
Greenie just making the public aware....

UPDATE: 1/15 Essential Rosters Version 5.0 has been released:

-DiceMan was kind enough to add Nogster's Playbooks for ALL teams and correct contracts for ALL NBA players from ShamSports.com

-updated Coach Profiles from the Purists Sliders newest set.

-numerous adjustments to players' attributes.

-added 40+ sig shots(mainly free throw)

-minor tweaks throughout
Go get them people!

Geebo, let me ask you, did you use www.hoopdata.com to adjust player shot tendencies (inside, close, mid, 3pt)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »