Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #1129
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Hey Greenie

I've Just read this topic 5 minutes ago...very interesting (read the first post if you don't have time)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ifficulty.html
Quote:
All Star Difficulty
Pros:
- CPU's D is pumped up
- CPU's offense is much more fluid and relies more on their go-to-guy

Cons:
- Game is so inconsistent. For example, after having a 15-0 run against the CPU, my team goes 0/12 FG shooting. WTF? That happens almost every game I play. Another, when playing in my home-court, I get more fouls than the opponent, I'm not speaking because I steal alot, but because of the low-post plays. But when I was the one posting, I rarely get a foul. WTH?
- My teams is very dumb compared to the CPU.
- It feels like the "KEEP SCORE CLOSE" is on.

Pro Difficulty:
Pros:
- Much more realistic in terms of how the game plays.
- CPU does it's job fairly good on offense and D.
- Much more consistent on the floor. May it be my team or the CPU.
Cons:
- I often get away with teams rather easily, when it comes to scoring.
I'm (it's personal) Totaly agree with this guy, later in the thread another guy says that the HOF level is more realistic.

What do u think about it ? have you tested another (higher) level ?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #1130
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Hey Greenie

I've Just read this topic 5 minutes ago...very interesting (read the first post if you don't have time)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ifficulty.html

I'm (it's personal) Totaly agree with this guy, later in the thread another guy says that the HOF level is more realistic.

What do u think about it ? have you tested another (higher) level ?

I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. We see whatever we want to see that verifies our preconceived notions.

The computer doesn't cheat in the least on AS, they play a more intelligent brand of basketball-- they move the ball around, they don't take as many stupid shots, etc.

Pro is the computer lobotomized. AS is the computer with an average IQ. Anything above AS is too efficient, too prescient, etc.

Think about it logically. Why would they design a game that cheats on the medium difficulty level and plays fair on the two levels above it? Because they thought everybody always played on AS?

I don't buy it. People start missing shots and then say, "I bet the computer will go on a run here". No ****, you're missing shots, which is the only time the computer can go on a run.

I can't stand Pro anymore-- the CPU just runs dumb ISO's, makes bad passes and takes terrible shots. AS is that happy medium-- an intelligent, often impressive CPU offense, the ability to defend and negatively impact their offense and pressure on the HUM to make good decisions with the ball and work to get open shots or to the line.

People see whatever they want. Look at the history of the world.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #1131
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Game is so inconsistent. For example, after having a 15-0 run against the CPU, my team goes 0/12 FG shooting. WTF? That happens almost every game I play
It happens to me EVERY game too, Id' Like to have response by 2k dev, it's so weird...

You've understand it's not for critic your sliders or something else personal (of course) just wanna know if they're no other way for have more realistic game, maybe I will try a couple of game with hof level for see, if it's cool, I'll post my stat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #1132
MVP

OVR: 7

Wall gets his 2nd triple double in 3 games as i Blow out the Suns 121-99. I played on 1.4 untill I entered in 1.5 with 9:39 left in the 4th and me up 95-75 or so. Should be able to get a full game with 1.5 up sometime today.

Wiz/Suns
Field Goals: 41-82(50%)/42-92(45%)
3's: 4-17(23%)/7-18(45%)
free throws: 35-44(79%)/8-11(72%)
assists: 22/19
turnovers: 13/13
rebounds: 48(11 off.)/36(4 off.)
steals: 11/11
blocks: 8/3
PIP: 64/44
bench: 50/22
2nd chance: 7/2
fast break: 10/6

Key Players:
Nash 21 points 6 broads 7 assists
Turkoglu 20 points 8 broads 2 steals
J rich 17 points 2 steals

John Wall 28 points(10-14 from the field) 10 broads 11 assists 2 steals
Howard 24 points(20 in 2nd half)
Mcgee 16 points 7 broads 3 blocks
Blacthe 15 broads 6 broads
Hinrich 12 points 4 assists

Last edited by ewing6; 01-17-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #1133
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
It happens to me EVERY game too, Id' Like to have response by 2k dev, it's so weird...

You've understand it's not for critic your sliders or something else personal (of course) just wanna know if they're no other way for have more realistic game, maybe I will try a couple of game with hof level for see, if it's cool, I'll post my stat.

No, no. I'm not arguing from that perspective. I'm comparing the different levels of difficulty.

Let me ask you this: if the Clippers start missing shots against the Lakers, don't you think in the back of their minds they fear Kobe going off and putting them away?

Runs happen almost every quarter of every game in the history of the NBA. I have played enough on AS now to say that you also have that opportunity to go on a 15-0 run. I have gone on runs in every single game I've played, and so has the computer.

What often happens to some is that they begin to miss shots and say "Here goes the computer cheating" and proceed to make mistake after mistake, take bad shot after bad shot and thus self-perpetuate.

I think these people fall into a few camps:

a) they've played too much 2k and are frustrated by its idiosyncrasies
b) they want a path to the prettiest win with faux-resistance-- i.e. the only way the game will feel realistic is if the stats at the end look good and they win.
c) they know very little about the real NBA
d) they are set in their ways, usually established on a different level of difficulty

Of course you can, Mourf. No problem whatsoever.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #1134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Wall gets his 2nd triple double in 3 games as i Blow out the Suns 121-99. I played on 1.4 untill I entered in 1.5 with 9:39 left in the 4th and me up 95-75 or so. Should be able to get a full game with 1.5 up sometime today.

Wiz/Suns
Field Goals: 41-82(50%)/42-92(45%)
3's: 4-17(23%)/7-18(45%)
free throws: 35-44(79%)/8-11(72%)
assists: 22/19
turnovers: 13/13
rebounds: 48(11 off.)/36(4 off.)
steals: 11/11
blocks: 8/3
PIP: 64/44
bench: 50/22
2nd chance: 7/2
fast break: 10/6

Key Players:
Nash 21 points 6 broads 7 assists
Turkoglu 20 points 8 broads 2 steals
J rich 17 points 2 steals

John Wall 28 points(10-14 from the field) 10 broads 11 assists 2 steals
Howard 24 points(20 in 2nd half)
Mcgee 16 points 7 broads 3 blocks
Blacthe 15 broads 6 broads
Hinrich 12 points 4 assists
Haha. So, I guess the Suns defense is garbage (aided by the coaching profile settings), huh?

I'll be really interested to see 3.5 stats.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #1135
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
No, no. I'm not arguing from that perspective. I'm comparing the different levels of difficulty.

Let me ask you this: if the Clippers start missing shots against the Lakers, don't you think in the back of their minds they fear Kobe going off and putting them away?

Runs happen almost every quarter of every game in the history of the NBA. I have played enough on AS now to say that you also have that opportunity to go on a 15-0 run. I have gone on runs in every single game I've played, and so has the computer.

What often happens to some is that they begin to miss shots and say "Here goes the computer cheating" and proceed to make mistake after mistake, take bad shot after bad shot and thus self-perpetuate.

I think these people fall into a few camps:

a) they've played too much 2k and are frustrated by its idiosyncrasies
b) they want a path to the prettiest win with faux-resistance-- i.e. the only way the game will feel realistic is if the stats at the end look good and they win.
c) they know very little about the real NBA
d) they are set in their ways, usually established on a different level of difficulty

Of course you can, Mourf. No problem whatsoever.
Reason B made me laugh so hard cuz I kno TONS of people like that lol
I think u hit the nail with every reason tho lol thats my laugh of the day

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #1136
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord meth
Reason B made me laugh so hard cuz I kno TONS of people like that lol
I think u hit the nail with every reason tho lol thats my laugh of the day

Lol.

I'll tell ya, man, the mind's ability to create and subsequently operate within a fantasy world uninhibited is impressive. Or, when viewed from the outside, maddening.

Glad it made you laugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »