Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #1137
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Lol.

I'll tell ya, man, the mind's ability to create and subsequently operate within a fantasy world uninhibited is impressive. Or, when viewed from the outside, maddening.

Glad it made you laugh.
Guys, I'm Not in the B case !

But, I think All Star Level code is strange, but we can win like we can loose, it's just in the gameplay and cpu reaction
Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #1138
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey this may have been asked and if so i apologize but when will this set become available on 2kshare? Thanks a lot for your help.....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #1139
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight4real
Hey this may have been asked and if so i apologize but when will this set become available on 2kshare? Thanks a lot for your help.....
I would expect they'll be up by the end of the week.

edit: they are up.

The Purist(s) Sliders

3.5 Final beta

Crap... my sight is going. "Purlst" is how they are posted. Call it a metaphor for the whole affair.

PS3.

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-17-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #1140
MVP

OVR: 7

Played vs the Lakers, but didnt have a chance to get the stats Kobe broke his wrist on the 2nd play and got hurt for 4-6 weeks. I lost 106-98(or so I lost by more I think) We both shot around 45%, I had 20 turnovers, they had 9. Will be able to play at least one game tomm. and post full stats. Gasol and Odom killed me inside. Gasol had 33 and 15. Every time I cut down in the 4th, they made a big shot. It was 6 points the whole game, and they blew it out in garbage time
Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #1141
Rookie

OVR: 3

how does everyone here play D?

I mainly control the PF and the C but against teams with speedy SG's I find myself playing every position.....which tends to mess up rotation a bit......thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #1142
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
how does everyone here play D?

I mainly control the PF and the C but against teams with speedy SG's I find myself playing every position.....which tends to mess up rotation a bit......thoughts?
Whoever shot or turned the ball over I use on defense.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:19 AM   #1143
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Again Everyone - It's Ya Boy Empeythree.

So I have switched back to simulation settings again just to try it out in my new association with the Bulls. I've played two games and I have some startling results.

In my first game with the Thunder I won 99-78 or thereabouts with about 44% from the field. The offensive rebounding advantage still goes to the CPU - no way around that I don't think and I don't think switching the slider all the way to 100 is the answer. Durant had a terrible shooting game but still scored 32 points. Rose was incredible and had 38 points. I believe the turnover were about even and not really anything to talk about there EXCEPT that wild animation where the ball goes flying out of bounds on a simple swing pass does not happen on simulation - perhaps once in a blue moon, rather than the ridiculous amount of times it happened on the Purist sliders. No offense, but I thought this was a problem. Also, the on ball steals were just a tad out of hand as well THOUGH on simulation settings it NEVER happens. So that's that game.

THEN, in my second game against the Pistons I was very impressed. We won 88-73 and even if the Pistons rallied (somehow, God willing AI), I would have been okay with it because Maxiell was having a good game hitting the odd J and they were winning the offensive rebounding battle. However, we executed won the stretch and Boozer absolutely did work. He scored 28 in the second half and was hitting jumpers and dunking like a wildebeast. Rose was exceptional. He shot 10-22 for 24 and 9 assists with 4 steals and 1 turnover. Deng was the only guy who was absolutely awful (again), but did hit a few nice jumpers in the second half. He shots 3-14. Is this happening to other people with him. I'm not huge on his game at all in real life or in virtual basketball. Noah is a Man among Boys in the paint though.

Some stats: Me: 33/80, 41%FG, 1/13 3's, 21/27 FT's, 25 assists, 10 turnovers, 13 team fouls, 44 total rebonds, 11 offensive, 14 steals, 7 blocks, 42 PIP.

Now that I'm looking at it I did win the Offensive Rebounding battle by 1 measly rebound. Still, something to write home about, even against the Pistons?

I'm thinking that the team fouls are a problem. Reach Ins on the CPU NEVER occur NOR do Offensive fouls. I'm also thinking that 3's are a major issue and that that needs to be turned up just a tad. So I'm going to make those changes and come back with more news.

After our huge home win I prepared a meal for me and the boys. Shrimp fettucini alfredo with asparagus, sun dried tomato, and cauliflower. AND, do you think Carlos Boozer would drink an Australian Shiraz?

I also suggest restricting your play as addictive as this game is. I went away for a few days and came back and have played 1 game a night and I don't get ridiculously upset. I hope this continues. I yell at the game still, but it's more encouragement.

Whatever works though in terms of sliders. I'm not saying that the Purist Greenie sliders are bad in any way. I enjoyed several excellent games with variations from those and I don't find them that different from the sim settings anyway, but something nags at me PERSONally when it comes to altering the way the game was designed, especially when I can get reasonable results from its original settings.

Cheers to Beers Everyone,

Empeythree
Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #1144
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empey3
Hey Again Everyone - It's Ya Boy Empeythree.

So I have switched back to simulation settings again just to try it out in my new association with the Bulls. I've played two games and I have some startling results.

In my first game with the Thunder I won 99-78 or thereabouts with about 44% from the field. The offensive rebounding advantage still goes to the CPU - no way around that I don't think and I don't think switching the slider all the way to 100 is the answer. Durant had a terrible shooting game but still scored 32 points. Rose was incredible and had 38 points. I believe the turnover were about even and not really anything to talk about there EXCEPT that wild animation where the ball goes flying out of bounds on a simple swing pass does not happen on simulation - perhaps once in a blue moon, rather than the ridiculous amount of times it happened on the Purist sliders. No offense, but I thought this was a problem. Also, the on ball steals were just a tad out of hand as well THOUGH on simulation settings it NEVER happens. So that's that game.

THEN, in my second game against the Pistons I was very impressed. We won 88-73 and even if the Pistons rallied (somehow, God willing AI), I would have been okay with it because Maxiell was having a good game hitting the odd J and they were winning the offensive rebounding battle. However, we executed won the stretch and Boozer absolutely did work. He scored 28 in the second half and was hitting jumpers and dunking like a wildebeast. Rose was exceptional. He shot 10-22 for 24 and 9 assists with 4 steals and 1 turnover. Deng was the only guy who was absolutely awful (again), but did hit a few nice jumpers in the second half. He shots 3-14. Is this happening to other people with him. I'm not huge on his game at all in real life or in virtual basketball. Noah is a Man among Boys in the paint though.

Some stats: Me: 33/80, 41%FG, 1/13 3's, 21/27 FT's, 25 assists, 10 turnovers, 13 team fouls, 44 total rebonds, 11 offensive, 14 steals, 7 blocks, 42 PIP.

Now that I'm looking at it I did win the Offensive Rebounding battle by 1 measly rebound. Still, something to write home about, even against the Pistons?

I'm thinking that the team fouls are a problem. Reach Ins on the CPU NEVER occur NOR do Offensive fouls. I'm also thinking that 3's are a major issue and that that needs to be turned up just a tad. So I'm going to make those changes and come back with more news.

After our huge home win I prepared a meal for me and the boys. Shrimp fettucini alfredo with asparagus, sun dried tomato, and cauliflower. AND, do you think Carlos Boozer would drink an Australian Shiraz?

I also suggest restricting your play as addictive as this game is. I went away for a few days and came back and have played 1 game a night and I don't get ridiculously upset. I hope this continues. I yell at the game still, but it's more encouragement.

Whatever works though in terms of sliders. I'm not saying that the Purist Greenie sliders are bad in any way. I enjoyed several excellent games with variations from those and I don't find them that different from the sim settings anyway, but something nags at me PERSONally when it comes to altering the way the game was designed, especially when I can get reasonable results from its original settings.

Cheers to Beers Everyone,

Empeythree
I don't understand, you work with the Bulls? haha

I'm Australian, and our Australian wine is some of the best in the world, so yes.....I highly recommend our shiraz....my parents are big wine lovers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »