Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #1145
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empey3
Hey Again Everyone - It's Ya Boy Empeythree.

So I have switched back to simulation settings again just to try it out in my new association with the Bulls. I've played two games and I have some startling results.

In my first game with the Thunder I won 99-78 or thereabouts with about 44% from the field. The offensive rebounding advantage still goes to the CPU - no way around that I don't think and I don't think switching the slider all the way to 100 is the answer. Durant had a terrible shooting game but still scored 32 points. Rose was incredible and had 38 points. I believe the turnover were about even and not really anything to talk about there EXCEPT that wild animation where the ball goes flying out of bounds on a simple swing pass does not happen on simulation - perhaps once in a blue moon, rather than the ridiculous amount of times it happened on the Purist sliders. No offense, but I thought this was a problem. Also, the on ball steals were just a tad out of hand as well THOUGH on simulation settings it NEVER happens. So that's that game.

THEN, in my second game against the Pistons I was very impressed. We won 88-73 and even if the Pistons rallied (somehow, God willing AI), I would have been okay with it because Maxiell was having a good game hitting the odd J and they were winning the offensive rebounding battle. However, we executed won the stretch and Boozer absolutely did work. He scored 28 in the second half and was hitting jumpers and dunking like a wildebeast. Rose was exceptional. He shot 10-22 for 24 and 9 assists with 4 steals and 1 turnover. Deng was the only guy who was absolutely awful (again), but did hit a few nice jumpers in the second half. He shots 3-14. Is this happening to other people with him. I'm not huge on his game at all in real life or in virtual basketball. Noah is a Man among Boys in the paint though.

Some stats: Me: 33/80, 41%FG, 1/13 3's, 21/27 FT's, 25 assists, 10 turnovers, 13 team fouls, 44 total rebonds, 11 offensive, 14 steals, 7 blocks, 42 PIP.

Now that I'm looking at it I did win the Offensive Rebounding battle by 1 measly rebound. Still, something to write home about, even against the Pistons?

I'm thinking that the team fouls are a problem. Reach Ins on the CPU NEVER occur NOR do Offensive fouls. I'm also thinking that 3's are a major issue and that that needs to be turned up just a tad. So I'm going to make those changes and come back with more news.

After our huge home win I prepared a meal for me and the boys. Shrimp fettucini alfredo with asparagus, sun dried tomato, and cauliflower. AND, do you think Carlos Boozer would drink an Australian Shiraz?

I also suggest restricting your play as addictive as this game is. I went away for a few days and came back and have played 1 game a night and I don't get ridiculously upset. I hope this continues. I yell at the game still, but it's more encouragement.

Whatever works though in terms of sliders. I'm not saying that the Purist Greenie sliders are bad in any way. I enjoyed several excellent games with variations from those and I don't find them that different from the sim settings anyway, but something nags at me PERSONally when it comes to altering the way the game was designed, especially when I can get reasonable results from its original settings.

Cheers to Beers Everyone,

Empeythree
See, I had the opposite experience: I watched the Magic and Celtics and thought, "It looks like NBA 2k11 with our sliders".

Anyway, it's good you are enjoying the game. You'll notice that a lot of the people who have taken on these projects no longer play the game. But maybe this was the only way they could play the game.

Incidentally, maybe this is what you are looking for now:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oing-2k11.html
?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #1146
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
how does everyone here play D?

I mainly control the PF and the C but against teams with speedy SG's I find myself playing every position.....which tends to mess up rotation a bit......thoughts?

I control the PG mainly. I sag off the opposing PG, daring him to take a jumper (they usually don't). If they run one of the plays designed to free up the SG or SF on the wing for the jumper, I attempt to do a fly-by (run at him to contest the shot). I play the passing angles, try to go over picks, generally rotate whenever I see someone open. I also sprint the C and SF back after made baskets (they usually lag), and then take control of PG. After misses, I focus on the ball and attempt to slow the ballhandler down before he reaches the top of the key.

I'm now setting my defensive settings to:

SF, SG play tight on-ball
PG, PF, C sag off on-ball
all sag off off-ball (if a guy starts killing me w. jumpers I play him tight off-ball)
all doubles never (unless a guy starts murdering me)

Just try to get a hand in the shooters face, run to rebound, play smart positionally and rotate.

I'm not great, but I do o.k.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #1147
Rookie

OVR: 0

Almost Greenieblue. I want to give a bit more slider feedback though. After another awful shooting game against the Trailblazers I decided to put the mid range shot success to 52 (up 2 from sim) and the 3 pt slider up 2 as well from sim to 47. I also upped the reach in foul by 6 from sim and the charge 10.

I'll move away from details about the association. It is self-absorbed.

I'd like to export my sliders as well in a few games too so other people can try them.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 AM   #1148
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empey3
Almost Greenieblue. I want to give a bit more slider feedback though. After another awful shooting game against the Trailblazers I decided to put the mid range shot success to 52 (up 2 from sim) and the 3 pt slider up 2 as well from sim to 47. I also upped the reach in foul by 6 from sim and the charge 10.

I'll move away from details about the association. It is self-absorbed.

I'd like to export my sliders as well in a few games too so other people can try them.

I don't mind.

But, since most of the people in here are talking about the set, you'll have a hard time having a meaningful dialogue. In the Assoc thread, you'd have better luck.

Anyhow, yeah, I think one of the weaknesses of Sim is that the shooting sliders are too low. So you're on the right path.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #1149
Banned

How up to date are your sliders on 2k Share?
and
are they sliders designed on 1.30?
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #1150
Rookie

Hey Again,

Played two more games. Had some strange results.

After increasing the mid range, 3PT, and close sliders as well as the changes I mentioned in fouls the Knicks ran roughshod on me and absolutely blew me away. I made a great run in the 3rd, there is always a 3rd quarter run, but they were absolutely running and gunning. I need to check their ratings though, it could be in the ratings because in the next game against the Celtics I could not hit a jumper in the second half and lost by 7. Still I feel the sliders are very close. Might try an increase. I am really struggling offensively, though the Bulls are not a great offensive team IRL.

Peace,

Empeythree
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 AM   #1151
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Hello Greenie,

yesterday I was able to play some games with 3.5 and coach profiles. Sliders are great as usual. I've seen a raise in my turnovers due to stealing and hands sliders. The stealing sliders has created more turnovers under the basket when a player is stripped while trying to go for a layup (I'm sure this was your purpose). Human turnovers are usually more than CPU. Latest posts confirm this. As a result numbers are ok but extra attention is again needed on every pass, adding more difficulty to an already tough All-Star Level.

Another slider that did good is raised on-ball defense. This helps you a lot in defense against driving opponents. I remember at 51 the ballhandler could drive to the basket with much less effort, due to the defender being unable to stop him in any possible way.

With the latest sets I'm getting a very accurate FGA also. I always used to have 10 FGA less than CPU, but lately our numbers are almost even.

So everything looks darn good. I still find VERY difficult to win a game, even if I'm playing with a top team. In my last games I played on-ball defense. If you play it good you can really bother the CPU and you can see the opponent hesitating a lot, much more than when a CPU teammate takes care of him. You get more satisfaction but more errors are always around the corner. I beat again Dallas (this must be a kind of joke), the team which has the best record in my association. Yes I won, but I got so frustrated that I was kind of upset at the end. I was up by 7 at 1.30 left in the game and I dominated Dallas all game long, being at one point up by 19. I know you won't agree with this, but this time I really felt cheated. With 16 seconds left I was up by two and at the line. An 80% free throw shooter missed BOTH. Next action Dallas makes an error, I rebound with Nelson and foul. Again an 80% free throw shooter, makes 1 of 2 (1 of 4 with two 80% average FT shooter). Next action ridicolous 3 pointer by Kidd, with Nelson all over him. He passes the 3PT line, TURNS HIS BACK the other way and goes beyond the 3PT line, turns AGAIN the other way around and hit a buzzer beater to tie, he didn't use a hotstep. At the end I won in OT by 1, but what bothered me is that a team which is completely dominated all game long should lose with a good margin, not make an impossible run like this, it was very unrealistic unfortunately.

Next game I lost to the Thunder (top team in power rankings). I was no match, Durant scored 54 points (!!) and everytime he went on the bench I made a run, but not enough to bother them (Westbrook is out, and the starting PG made a carrer record 16 assists, c'mon now... eh eh). I played good defense and scored 100 points, so my game was fine, but Thunders shoot 54% from the floor at the end. Impossible to win against such an opponent. Howard is always a double-double, grabbing almost 20 rebounds in my last games and blocking more and more. Carter shoot 7 of 14 from 3PT range and all 5 starters scored in double figure. I couldn't play better than this, but Durant is out of this world.

Having said that, I still believe that CPU si more accurate that Human on shooting. I still miss wide open shots sometimes (ok), CPU never does unfortunately. Another grip based on my games: when I win (won 3 games out of 10 so far on All-Star) CPU shoots around 40%, when I lose CPU shoots 50% or more, no between numbers so far. But I see other people getting different numbers, so no big problem.

I'm getting better and I'm more confident now on All-Star, but games like the one against Dallas makes you feel that 80% of gametime is pointless when you are ahead, because CPU can overcome you anytime in a 2 min span. You are sure to win only if you are up by 20 with 2 min remaining.

I hope my defense will improve again. I still haven't tried your defensive settings.

Outstanding job with the sliders, you couldn't do better. Shoot distribution and the way every team play is almost perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #1152
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

Great job on the sliders. The 3.5 version showed me chasedown blocks, stealing the ball before layup, and more challenge in the paint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »