Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #1169
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

First off, excellent sliders greenie. Plays great. Great stats. Mimics real life NBA as much as I've seen a bball sim.

My issue...I HATE all star. It plays great and I love the cpu's intelligence...until the last 2 to 3 minutes when video game logic takes over. You can almost pinpoint the time for the computer to make its "run." I don't mind losing games when I start taking bad shots, become undisciplined on D and resort to "video game" tactics. But I hate feeling like a game is just stolen from me...to have a unbelievable realistic experience for a good 45 min real time, to end up feeling like a waste.

Again, great work.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #1170
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by black man
First off, excellent sliders greenie. Plays great. Great stats. Mimics real life NBA as much as I've seen a bball sim.

My issue...I HATE all star. It plays great and I love the cpu's intelligence...until the last 2 to 3 minutes when video game logic takes over. You can almost pinpoint the time for the computer to make its "run." I don't mind losing games when I start taking bad shots, become undisciplined on D and resort to "video game" tactics. But I hate feeling like a game is just stolen from me...to have a unbelievable realistic experience for a good 45 min real time, to end up feeling like a waste.

Again, great work.
I feel you man, but keep trying. Yesterday I started messing with defensive settings and now I make life much more difficult for the CPU. Like Greenie already said in a pair of post, play tight both on-ball and off-ball on players who like to kill you with jumpers coming out of blocks, double in the post players like KG and strong centers. Sag off on players who drive all the time instead of putting up jumpers. Defenders who sag off are more likely to steal passes too! Yesterday I still lost two games out of three, but I lost by a few points instead of 20. I'm almost there (keep dreaming Cesco, keep dreaming, eh eh).

I still feel that sometimes CPU makes absurd runs and throw up forced shoots that you never see when they are ahead, but lately I've become a much more challenging player for the CPU :-D
Old 01-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #1171
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I feel you man, but keep trying. Yesterday I started messing with defensive settings and now I make life much more difficult for the CPU. Like Greenie already said in a pair of post, play tight both on-ball and off-ball on players who like to kill you with jumpers coming out of blocks, double in the post players like KG and strong centers. Sag off on players who drive all the time instead of putting up jumpers. Defenders who sag off are more likely to steal passes too! Yesterday I still lost two games out of three, but I lost by a few points instead of 20. I'm almost there (keep dreaming Cesco, keep dreaming, eh eh).

I still feel that sometimes CPU makes absurd runs and throw up forced shoots that you never see when they are ahead, but lately I've become a much more challenging player for the CPU :-D
Yeah, you definitely have to adjust your defensive settings. I'm just trying to find a good balance w sliders between cpu's offensive awareness and its absurd shooting. The love the way the cpu moves the ball and its tendencies, but there are quite of few shots that should NOT be dropping.

Upping the user defensive awareness slider and playing on ball d (gotta stop the ball, force the cpu to go to its 2nd, 3rd read) helped eliminate a good amount of open shots and cut off some of the passes that shouldnt' go thru your defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #1172
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by black man
Yeah, you definitely have to adjust your defensive settings. I'm just trying to find a good balance w sliders between cpu's offensive awareness and its absurd shooting. The love the way the cpu moves the ball and its tendencies, but there are quite of few shots that should NOT be dropping.

Upping the user defensive awareness slider and playing on ball d (gotta stop the ball, force the cpu to go to its 2nd, 3rd read) helped eliminate a good amount of open shots and cut off some of the passes that shouldnt' go thru your defense.
Yeah, I agree. Maybe I'm paranoid at this point, but I often see the 2 minutes shooting spree by the CPU when everything drops. Doing on-ball defense and setting defensive assignements can reduce a lot CPU chances to go berserk :-D
Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #1173
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC_46
How up to date are your sliders on 2k Share?
and
are they sliders designed on 1.30?
On PS3, they are current. I don't know about XBOX.

1.3 doesn't do anything to gameplay. They are designed on 1.2.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #1174
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco

Bingo!

I'm talking out my ***, btw. I've won one game on AS. But in theory...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #1175
MVP

If we are going to seal this one up-- finalize the set-- I need stats and tons of the them. But only if you play with the sliders exactly as posted.

Otherwise, 3.5 is final.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #1176
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta
It's for all star. Chekc the first post.
Thanks. Am guessing no good for player lock then. Will try them though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »