Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #1209
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk

Some more stats with the current sliders and Geebo's roster. I was Houston and I lost the game in the 4th with too many TO's. When you pass without icon passing it's better. I don't know if you seen the stats I posted on page 113, you can add those to your numbers also. And if anyone wants to know how I play defense on these sliders just let me know I've been somewhat effective and have had good games.
Thank you, IBS. I really appreciate it.

I went back and got yours and one Ewing posted that I missed.

25 left.

Points OEff DEff FGM FGA FG% eFG% TS% 3M 3A 3% 3PR FTM FTA FTR FT% *** AR TO TOR OR ORR DRR TR TRR BLK BLKR ST DPR TF PO
AVG 101.0 104.2 104.2 37.5 81.4 46.1% 50.7% 55.1% 7.4 20.0 35.0% 24.5% 18.6 23.4 29.9% 80.5% 20.6 19.1 15.9 16.3 6.4 15.79 84.21 39.5 50.0 5.4 5.5 10.4 18.2 9.5 97.1
NBA 100 105 105 38 81 46.0% 50.1% 54.3% 6 18 35.5% 22.2% 18.6 24.5 30 76.0% 21 20 14 13 10.95 26 74 41.72 50 5 5 7 15 21 95
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #1210
All Star

JayD's Arena

I've come to the conclusion that this game is just not consistent. Just played a game where I was actually winning at the end of the 1st shooting 54% to their 30% then in the 2nds they come roaring back shooting 68% to my 11% and they go up by 20. Again I still don't see how some of you guys are getting stats where both teams are shooting in the 40% range.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #1211
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Im officially frustrated now I just lost to the Nets with the Lakers 93-95.

1st qtr I'm up 23-21
2nd qtr I outscore the Nets 26-13 so at the half I'm blowing them out 49-34 mind you the Nets already have a whopping 16 turnovers

3rd qtr I outscore them again 25-21 so I go into the 4th qtr leading 74-55 and I am pumped and this where things start to get screwy!!!! Nets have a total of 19 to's for the game.

4th qtr I get oustscored 40-19 WTF!!!!. They have 1 to and I have 7 and I finish with 19 for the game. All my turnovers came on inbound passes mind you I had no problem the whole game.

This very well may have been the most frustrating game to date. I'm at my wits end. They played like the Nets for 3 qtrs then they became World Champs. 17-27 shooting. I missed layup afte layup including gimme's.

Greenie you have this game on point it's the BS that comes with it that I honestly don't know if it can be fixed.

Done ranting "Cussword" this damn game Off to Mass Effect 2 where "James Sheppard" rules

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 01-20-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #1212
MVP

Stats, stats, stats guys.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1213
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Stats, stats, stats guys.

The problem is how the cpu goes about getting the stats it seems. All my stats were in order until the 4th qtr. The cpu just refuses to let the human player get an advantage it seems. Unbelievable things happen in order to keep the games close as far as I can tell.

Gonna try another game vs the Wizards since they suck in real-life and see what happens. Greenie it's just to much for me to try to input stats with my terrible 15 words a minute typing skills. Lol

UPDATE**** Down 29-34 to the Wizards after 1 qtr. Wizards shot 63% to my 39%

UPDATE**** Very fast pace game with me Lakers leading by 2 at the half 58-56 I'm shooting 45% the Wiz 50%. TO's are pretty even at 9 & 10 Steals are high for both at 9 & 8

UPDATE**** After 3 qtrs the score is tied at 81. Still it seems the cpu always hits jumpers as with me the %'s are a lot worse. If it was not for me at the charity stripe this game would not even be close. No matter what D I play I can't stop them. Frustrating to say the least. I will take a screenshot when done.

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 01-20-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #1214
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk

Some more stats with the current sliders and Geebo's roster. I was Houston and I lost the game in the 4th with too many TO's. When you pass without icon passing it's better. I don't know if you seen the stats I posted on page 113, you can add those to your numbers also. And if anyone wants to know how I play defense on these sliders just let me know I've been somewhat effective and have had good games.
Great stats! I'm interested on your defense, please.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #1215
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Im officially frustrated now I just lost to the Nets with the Lakers 93-95.

1st qtr I'm up 23-21
2nd qtr I outscore the Nets 26-13 so at the half I'm blowing them out 49-34 mind you the Nets already have a whopping 16 turnovers

3rd qtr I outscore them again 25-21 so I go into the 4th qtr leading 74-55 and I am pumped and this where things start to get screwy!!!! Nets have a total of 19 to's for the game.

4th qtr I get oustscored 40-19 WTF!!!!. They have 1 to and I have 7 and I finish with 19 for the game. All my turnovers came on inbound passes mind you I had no problem the whole game.

This very well may have been the most frustrating game to date. I'm at my wits end. They played like the Nets for 3 qtrs then they became World Champs. 17-27 shooting. I missed layup afte layup including gimme's.

Greenie you have this game on point it's the BS that comes with it that I honestly don't know if it can be fixed.

Done ranting "Cussword" this damn game Off to Mass Effect 2 where "James Sheppard" rules
I've come to the conclusion that the game cheats you. If you're blowing a team out the game will make the cpu go on an insane run to tighten it up. Another thing that sucks is that when the cpu is blowing you out it remains that way til the end more often than not. I've tried many slider sets and it seems that there is no way around the cpu BS. I may end up trading this game in once mlb 11 the show comes out.

Last edited by JayD; 01-20-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1216
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The problem is how the cpu goes about getting the stats it seems. All my stats were in order until the 4th qtr. The cpu just refuses to let the human player get an advantage it seems. Unbelievable things happen in order to keep the games close as far as I can tell
That's the problem. Sure stats will be very useful as usual, but CPU tend to adapt to your game and do it slightly better. The 40-17 4th quarter by FLIGHTWHITE is the proof. Maybe at the end of the third stats were off, but that weird last quarter made them perfectly fine at the end. I believe FLIGHTWHITE even if he didn't post stats, because the same happened to me several times and my angry posts came from games like these. I played a lot of games lately and I never posted stats because I was so pissed off that I quit on half of them. Now I'm so skeptical because I'm afraid that this CPU behavior cannot be easily solved. Even a boost in Human defense or a cut in CPU offensive potential can't help it (and I hate doing it, I mean uneven sliders), because everything seems pre-planned. It's the way they programmed difficulty levels.

And if someone is experiencing completely different results and NEVER sees strange CPU behavior please tell what roster you're using, what console, how you play defense, ect. Like many people said before, you know when the CPU is going on a run, because gameplay becomes frantic, they shoot very fast, CPU awareness is crazy, full court passes with a CPU player waiting for the pass under the basket. All these made me quit a lot lately... damn game.

Why don't they put in a single difficulty level and let people use sliders to change difficulty? These forums are so full of clever guys like Greenie that put time and passion into the game, people with great ideas, knowledge of the game and aware of what gamers want. 2K, hire them please! :-D

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »