Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #1225
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
That's the problem. Sure stats will be very useful as usual, but CPU tend to adapt to your game and do it slightly better. The 40-17 4th quarter by FLIGHTWHITE is the proof. Maybe at the end of the third stats were off, but that weird last quarter made them perfectly fine at the end. I believe FLIGHTWHITE even if he didn't post stats, because the same happened to me several times and my angry posts came from games like these. I played a lot of games lately and I never posted stats because I was so pissed off that I quit on half of them. Now I'm so skeptical because I'm afraid that this CPU behavior cannot be easily solved. Even a boost in Human defense or a cut in CPU offensive potential can't help it (and I hate doing it, I mean uneven sliders), because everything seems pre-planned. It's the way they programmed difficulty levels.

And if someone is experiencing completely different results and NEVER sees strange CPU behavior please tell what roster you're using, what console, how you play defense, ect. Like many people said before, you know when the CPU is going on a run, because gameplay becomes frantic, they shoot very fast, CPU awareness is crazy, full court passes with a CPU player waiting for the pass under the basket. All these made me quit a lot lately... damn game.

Why don't they put in a single difficulty level and let people use sliders to change difficulty? These forums are so full of clever guys like Greenie that put time and passion into the game, people with great ideas, knowledge of the game and aware of what gamers want. 2K, hire them please! :-D

"Hire" the others, the ones who beg to be "hire"d.

"Hire"- v. 1. to fly someone in and pretend that you care about their input, then proceed to make the game you intended to make before their visit. 2. to invite someone to move across the country to test a game for 10$ an hour.

Besides, **** corporate america.

I trust them. They are best american sports video game developers. It's not All-Star or the 2k11, it's the sliders. 2k12 will be the truth.

I've had some brainstorms tonight, but now it seems I'm just getting rained on. Maybe the weather will clear up tomorrow.

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-21-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #1226
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Greenie mate, I've got a quiet friday night here in Aus so I should be able to get a good 5 games in tonight, maybe more.

I just got God of war 3 (I know im late to the party) so I'm a little addicted to that at the moment.....

I assure you my games will be exactly as is with your sliders.....hope my games help out the process mate

I'll get to it now......

Thanks, pabby. I look forward to putting them in the machine.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #1227
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Has anyone jumped out to a huge lead and won by a amount more than 15 points using these sliders?
i did! i play as the HEAT and i am pretty much used to that teams playbook and player tendancies. i played at Houston and won 118 to 94. the lead was much larger than that, but the last 2mins or so remaining, i cleared my bench.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #1228
Rookie

OVR: 3

Definitely just had my funnest game with all star I'm getting better on D, slowly but surely, obviously better against the weaker teams as I'm the Celtics. Greenie, thanks for your D tips because Im playing like that exactly.

Celtics (me) 107 to Suns 95

33/73 FG 38/88

45% FG% 43%

6/14 3 pointers 10/34

35/50 free throws 9/10

70% free throws 90%

10 TO's 12

9 Team Fouls 12

45 total rebounds 43

4 O rebounds 6

8 steals 7

4 blocks 7

2 fast break points 6

*I'm the cletics on the left, sorry if I havn't written these out properly

Game notes: (tell me if this is necessary Greenie or just useless info haha)

*1st qtr I made of of stops, but was hard to score, I stoped them on 6 possessions but could only score on maybe 2 of my own during the defensive run....was like I wasn't allowed to score til they did lol

*2nd qtr, I played my best ever D to get to a 14pt lead. Finished first half leading by 8. Had to go down low and drive a lot to score.....mid range was really iffy all game, knock it down heaps, then ice cold and repeated.

*3rd qtr, cpu came out blazing in the 3rd, I was ice cold, even on some good looks. Had an 11 point lead at 6 mins mark of 3rd, I went on an 11-0 run. After that, they went on a 12-4 run

*4th qtr, Opened up a 16 pt lead. They went on a 14-5 run after that. I slowed down, took control, go the W by 12. My biggest lead was 18.

Overall I LOVED this game.....I find that if they are beating you and the lead is getting out of hand or they are making a consistent come back, use your time outs, get down low and drive to get some eay foul buckets and stop their momentum. Personally, im still loving it......I dont hold much hope ill have another game where I'll control it liek that.....thinking ill play some tough ones coming up, but still, shows you can be the boss lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:22 AM   #1229
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Overall I LOVED this game.....I find that if they are beating you and the lead is getting out of hand or they are making a consistent come back, use your time outs, get down low and drive to get some eay foul buckets and stop their momentum. Personally, im still loving it......I dont hold much hope ill have another game where I'll control it liek that.....thinking ill play some tough ones coming up, but still, shows you can be the boss lol.
Thanks for the update Pabby, it's great to read of people winning (even if so far we have two wins, one with the Heat and another with the Celtics). I'll try to manage my timeout manually if they really stop CPU runs.

You got 50 FTA in the game. In a certain way you exploited the CPU trying to get a lot of FTA driving inside all the time. I play with Orlando and so far they are the worst FT shooter in my association (real FT%). I really hurt myself when I try to make points through FT, starting from the poor FT rating of Howard. He's the best down low and one of the worst in FT.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #1230
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
Greeenie I think the fatigue rate is too low because once guys go under 80 energy there offense really drops off and in real life the guys with good stamina can play 40 mins in a game. If I try to play 40 mins with a guy that has 99 STA on this slider set he might go into cardiac arrest.
I believe this slider is ok as is, because it's true that sometimes players get really tired, but they still can play 40 minutes and the same happens to CPU palyers. But of course you can always raise it to your liking.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #1231
Rookie

just had a tough tough game......just could not get it going lol

Dallas 108 V Celtics (me) 87

42/81 FG 31/84

51% FG% 36%

4/14 3 pointers 7/19

28% 3 pointer 36%

20/22 Free throws 18/24

90% FT 75%

14 TO's 15

15 team fouls 16

47 total rebounds 38

5 O rebounds 9

11 steals 13

5 blocks 6

13 Fast break points 2

like I said, this was a tough game, I just couldn't get much at all to fall. I found that, with this game at least, too many layups/drives get blocked/stripped down low, very frustrating lol. Really scres up what should be easy FB points or and 1's.

I saw in an earlier post that someone had moved to HOF and was having pretty much the same experience (a tough, fun, realistic game) but none of the "All star logic' that seem to be really hammering on all of us......thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #1232
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Thanks for the update Pabby, it's great to read of people winning (even if so far we have two wins, one with the Heat and another with the Celtics). I'll try to manage my timeout manually if they really stop CPU runs.

You got 50 FTA in the game. In a certain way you exploited the CPU trying to get a lot of FTA driving inside all the time. I play with Orlando and so far they are the worst FT shooter in my association (real FT%). I really hurt myself when I try to make points through FT, starting from the poor FT rating of Howard. He's the best down low and one of the worst in FT.
yeah I agree, definitely exploited, but then played a game with only about 20 odd attempts, so my play evens it out.

I play with difficulty at 100 but Im thinking I might bump it down because at times when I need to get fouled to built a lead or maintain it in dying minutes (real life strategy) im missing them when I should be getting them

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »