Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #1281
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
Cesco how do you set your defensive settings?
In this game I left everything on AUTO. I tried to change something in every game to see the differences. But damn, the Wizard are not the right team to make experiments. Lewis is hitting threes non stop off the block no matter how you press him. Then Thornton, Young and Blatche who shoot contested jumpers from mid range and hit everything. I must be doing something wrong, it looks like the CPU is not bothered at all of defender in front of it. In one of my test Lewis scored 20 points in the 1st quarter!

For the rest I tried both playing on-ball defense and playing only with the PG on defense. But no great differences.

What is the slider which regulates how a defender get more or less "stuck" in a block? Strenght? Half of the points CPU makes are wide open shots of people coming out of blocks and my defender is always late to cover. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #1282
Pro

Cesco's Arena

I tried HOF.

It's totally unrealistic. It's like arcade or simulation, HOF is totally arcade. Every pass has laser speed, player speed is much faster and reaction time by the CPU is totally crazy. And steal/turnover, wow, CPU jumps on the ball way in no time! Now I see that people who love to play run and gun and master it with isomotion and so on can have success at every level in this game. Not my case...

I hate super fast action, I'm not he Call Of Duty guy (I used to make Operation Flashpoints tournaments, eh eh) and will never play this way just to try and win a game. Sometime i reconsider going back to PRO. At the end my association on PRO was 16-9 with Orlando, a pretty realistic overall result for this team (maybe even not so good). We'll see.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #1283
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Thank you, Cesco.

I think I have figured something out: you and I don't go for on-ball steals (?). In turn, the plummeting CPU TO rate is hurting us more than anyone else posting. My CPU TO have been under 10 since shortly after the move to AS, as (it seems) are yours (?).

Last night, it felt like I may have isolated the reason for the drop in CPU TO. But I need to run more tests.

It's encouraging news, I think.

Thanks again. I really appreciate you getting through a game (trust me, I know it isn't as simple as it sounds ).

BTW: I'm not saying that's the only thing going on. But it was the most confusing part, to me.
Yes, I rarely go for on-ball steals, even because the times I do it I get called for a foul. I must learn the timing, especially if I want to try steals down low.

Appreciate your effort Greenie. Lately I was here complaining and never giving new ideas, I know. But last week I discovered this silly All-Star Logic and got really disappointed. But I want to play this game, one way or another.

In my previous post I asked about the strength slider. Now another thing. Can On-Ball Defense go up a bit? This would make the CPU to be more hesitant on some occasion and commit turnovers on passes. In fact this happens when the pass receiver is more pressed and "feels" the on ball defense "force field" of the men is being covered from. It's just a guess.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #1284
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
cool KingDain, if you have some stats it must be cool to post it
Hall Of Fame (Never Played on Lower Difficulties)
NOH 96 - 95 ORL

35/65 Field Goals 34/74

53% FG% 45%

6/14 3 pointers 8/24

42% 3pointer% 33%

20/29 free throws 19/23

68% FT% 82%

19 assists 22

22 TO's 21

20 team fouls 21

32 total rebounds 31

5 O rebounds 11

16 steals 17

3 blocks 9

26 points in the paint 42

11 fast break points 7

-> Too Few Rebounds, Too Many TOs. Played Poorly.
Since I'm Playing Exibiton Games and i Cannot Edit "Player Speed", I Lowered Game Speed to 44, but after this game i'm going to put it back to 50.

Last edited by KingDain; 01-22-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #1285
Pro

ffpp's Arena

after 13 games into the league, the overall teamstats look good, but:

My Rebounding stats are the worst of the league, that is composed of actually having the best rating at defensive rebounding but the worst on offensive boards. Something is still off there, maybe with the sliders.

And blocks are way too frequent. But from how they appeared, I would say that many blocks come from not-so-smart shot attempts by the AI team.

Rest looks good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #1286
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

playing in all star and HOF is ridiculous and unrealistic. i play good defense and they keep shooting those shots. hands and play passing lanes is too high. come on, 3 on 1 fast break then it will result to a steal? and rondo to kg under a basket, would result to a steal from the wing? stats are ok if you simulate a game. but when you play it, no. 3.6 please. what i also hate is, if you're going on a fastbreak the running guys tend to stay behind the 3 point line to set the AUTO PLAY.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #1287
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
playing in all star and HOF is ridiculous and unrealistic. i play good defense and they keep shooting those shots. hands and play passing lanes is too high. come on, 3 on 1 fast break then it will result to a steal? and rondo to kg under a basket, would result to a steal from the wing? stats are ok if you simulate a game. but when you play it, no. 3.6 please. what i also hate is, if you're going on a fastbreak the running guys tend to stay behind the 3 point line to set the AUTO PLAY.
I do call plays both on OFF and DIF with Hall Of Fame to avoid fastbreak problems and while i know it is unrealistic, is the only way for me to not keep winning games.
Maybe you are a skilled player, but i do play GOOD defense, and they do not score, plain and simple (except for Melo, LeBron, Kobe, Wade and Jason Terry that are unstoppable).
Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #1288
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
In this game I left everything on AUTO. I tried to change something in every game to see the differences. But damn, the Wizard are not the right team to make experiments. Lewis is hitting threes non stop off the block no matter how you press him. Then Thornton, Young and Blatche who shoot contested jumpers from mid range and hit everything. I must be doing something wrong, it looks like the CPU is not bothered at all of defender in front of it. In one of my test Lewis scored 20 points in the 1st quarter!

For the rest I tried both playing on-ball defense and playing only with the PG on defense. But no great differences.

What is the slider which regulates how a defender get more or less "stuck" in a block? Strenght? Half of the points CPU makes are wide open shots of people coming out of blocks and my defender is always late to cover. Thanks!
Slim's Defensive Settings Guide

Player Assignments

Assign your best perimeter defenders to their best perimeter players.*
Assign your best post defenders to their best post players.*

Double Team Setting

Set all players to "In The Paint". The reason to do this is it helps to not give up as many easy buckets by people who get beat off the dribble.*

If your opponent has any post players that can't be guarded one on one because of a high post offense rating, ex. Zach Randolph, you set them to double team "Always". They mostly only get the ball on the block anyway and this helps to bring the double quick before they make their move.*

On-Ball Settings

On shooters (anyone with midrange or 3pt 70 or higher) with ball handling under 70 play "Tight".

On shooters with ball handling 70 or higher play "Auto". This helps from them beating you off the dribble.*

"Sag Off" all non shooters.*

Off-Ball Settings

Set "Deny Ball" on anyone you assigned a great defender to.*
Set "Sag Off" on anyone with a dunk rating higher than 70 and any non shooters. *
Set "Play Tight" to any shooters with a dunk rating lower than 70.*

I use these settings in conjunction with Greenie's sliders. I play off the ball with the PF or C closest to the ball to help against penetration. I also slide over to the open man whenever someone gets doubled in the paint then I slide back once the defense recovers. On pick and rolls if my man is setting the screen I'll switch to the other big man and slide over on the screener rolling to the basket. Whenever I notice off the ball screens early I switch to the SG or SF getting screened and I try to get over them quickly. If I notice too late I'll just pick up the shooter with my big man. This takes practice and you've got to always watch the offense's motion to figure out who they're trying to get the ball to. I always switch off when my man has the ball as it seems to be almost impossible to play good on ball D on the CPU so I rather play strong off ball D.*

This might seem like a lot but it helps me play better defense and sometimes the CPU still torches me but when I play like this I am able to put up a good fight.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »