Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #1289
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
Slim's Defensive Settings Guide

Player Assignments

Assign your best perimeter defenders to their best perimeter players.*
Assign your best post defenders to their best post players.*

Double Team Setting

Set all players to "In The Paint". The reason to do this is it helps to not give up as many easy buckets by people who get beat off the dribble.*

If your opponent has any post players that can't be guarded one on one because of a high post offense rating, ex. Zach Randolph, you set them to double team "Always". They mostly only get the ball on the block anyway and this helps to bring the double quick before they make their move.*

On-Ball Settings

On shooters (anyone with midrange or 3pt 70 or higher) with ball handling under 70 play "Tight".

On shooters with ball handling 70 or higher play "Auto". This helps from them beating you off the dribble.*

"Sag Off" all non shooters.*

Off-Ball Settings

Set "Deny Ball" on anyone you assigned a great defender to.*
Set "Sag Off" on anyone with a dunk rating higher than 70 and any non shooters. *
Set "Play Tight" to any shooters with a dunk rating lower than 70.*

I use these settings in conjunction with Greenie's sliders. I play off the ball with the PF or C closest to the ball to help against penetration. I also slide over to the open man whenever someone gets doubled in the paint then I slide back once the defense recovers. On pick and rolls if my man is setting the screen I'll switch to the other big man and slide over on the screener rolling to the basket. Whenever I notice off the ball screens early I switch to the SG or SF getting screened and I try to get over them quickly. If I notice too late I'll just pick up the shooter with my big man. This takes practice and you've got to always watch the offense's motion to figure out who they're trying to get the ball to. I always switch off when my man has the ball as it seems to be almost impossible to play good on ball D on the CPU so I rather play strong off ball D.*

This might seem like a lot but it helps me play better defense and sometimes the CPU still torches me but when I play like this I am able to put up a good fight.*
Wow, this is a very well planned strategy! Thanks!

Silly question. How can you read all the opponent ratings when you play association other than scouting?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #1290
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco

Silly question. How can you read all the opponent ratings when you play association other than scouting?
I believe you can go in to the edit player on the roster and note their ratings. It might take a couple minutes but it's worth it. Since I been just testing the sliders I'm all the teams in my association so I can just switch teams and look at my opponents ratings.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #1291
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Greenie and co. great job on the sliders. The effort and work put in all show through and I have enjoyed them until recently. I am seeing what many posters have been seeing but I am now wondering of Geebo's rosters are more the cause. That being the ridiculous scoring abilities by CPU teams (no matter how badly ranked) and the practically ice cold shooting of the user on All Star. Before last week I was using the Living Rosters as the base. I wasnt seeing this as much (maybe didnt notice it?) as Im seeing it now since I switched to Geebo. I am big on drafting teams in association mode. I have drafted many teams over the past week and tested them. No matter who was on the roster it seemed the results were all the same. There would be at least one player on the floor that I was plaing against who would be totally unstoppable no matter what the position. My latest example was Al Jefferson, who despite having Dwight Howard (me) draped all over him was 6 - 6 from the field in the 1st 10 minutes. That would be fine if I was over committing and he got all open looks. That was not the case. Fade aways from 10 - 15 feet, double and triple moves from the post, double teaming all ineffective and everything went in. On the other end, my entire team was ice cold no matter who was shooting (Lawson, Gordon, Beasley, Blatche and Howard starters). Eric Gordon was 0 - 7 in the first despite a few totally wide open looks from easily makable distances (Just to mention in another drafted situation, facing Gordon he shot 10-12 against me from all over the floor). Im not saying Im some 2K guru but it has been Very frustrating. Any thoughts?

Another year, and here we go again.

Last edited by JaSnake16; 01-22-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: same result with same opposing player, different association
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #1292
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Greenie and co. great job on the sliders. The effort and work put in all show through and I have enjoyed them until recently. I am seeing what many posters have been seeing but I am now wondering of Geebo's rosters are more the cause. That being the ridiculous scoring abilities by CPU teams (no matter how badly ranked) and the practically ice cold shooting of the user on All Star. Before last week I was using the Living Rosters as the base. I wasnt seeing this as much (maybe didnt notice it?) as Im seeing it now since I switched to Geebo. I am big on drafting teams in association mode. I have drafted many teams over the past week and tested them. No matter who was on the roster it seemed the results were all the same. There would be at least one player on the floor that I was plaing against who would be totally unstoppable no matter what the position. My latest example was Al Jefferson, who despite having Dwight Howard (me) draped all over him was 6 - 6 from the field in the 1st 10 minutes. That would be fine if I was over committing and he got all open looks. That was not the case. Fade aways from 10 - 15 feet, double and triple moves from the post, double teaming all ineffective and everything went in. On the other end, my entire team was ice cold no matter who was shooting (Lawson, Gordon, Beasley, Blatche and Howard starters). Eric Gordon was 0 - 7 in the first despite a few totally wide open looks from easily makable distances (Just to mention in another drafted situation, facing Gordon he shot 10-12 against me from all over the floor). Im not saying Im some 2K guru but it has been Very frustrating. Any thoughts?
It's not Geebo's rosters. I'm on 360 and I've always used 2K Rosters, but I see the same thing. I thought it was 2K Rosters fault, eh eh. From now on I believe I'll use Rashidi rosters for Xbox. Not to try and stop this silly All-Star logic, but just to have a well done roster (touches, tendencies, etc.)
Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #1293
Rookie

OVR: 0

Rashidi is the way to go.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #1294
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
It's not Geebo's rosters. I'm on 360 and I've always used 2K Rosters, but I see the same thing. I thought it was 2K Rosters fault, eh eh. From now on I believe I'll use Rashidi rosters for Xbox. Not to try and stop this silly All-Star logic, but just to have a well done roster (touches, tendencies, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDain
Rashidi is the way to go.
Thanks Cesco but based on your post it seems like it doesnt matter whos set (2K, Geebo, Nogster etc.) is used, the results will still be similar. Will these problems be lessened on Pro (utilizing the current sliders)? Im gonna give that a shot despite the Pro settings short comings unless that has already been tried and the negatives outweighed the positives.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #1295
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

imo, you don't have to look the ratings literally. if you're a true fan of NBA you know who to defend tight and sag off non shooters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #1296
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
imo, you don't have to look the ratings literally. if you're a true fan of NBA you know who to defend tight and sag off non shooters.
Yeah I know how certain players play but for guys you don't know that'll help out. And you can't play tight on all shooters because if a guy has good ball handling, ex. Kobe, Pierce, Durant, etc, it is easier to get beat off the dribble. They used to have a "Regular" setting that I used to use on guys like this but now I just leave it as "Auto".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »