Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #1305
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

12 games in.

Ignore team fouls, I don't have the info on a few games.

I guess some of you assume that I'm trying to let statistics make an argument in favor of the sliders.

You're wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #1306
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Yes, I rarely go for on-ball steals, even because the times I do it I get called for a foul. I must learn the timing, especially if I want to try steals down low.

Appreciate your effort Greenie. Lately I was here complaining and never giving new ideas, I know. But last week I discovered this silly All-Star Logic and got really disappointed. But I want to play this game, one way or another.

In my previous post I asked about the strength slider. Now another thing. Can On-Ball Defense go up a bit? This would make the CPU to be more hesitant on some occasion and commit turnovers on passes. In fact this happens when the pass receiver is more pressed and "feels" the on ball defense "force field" of the men is being covered from. It's just a guess.

I have never found a way to help CPU defenders navigate screens. I tried STR, DEF AWR, etc.

My worry about OBD+ is that it will hurt the User's ability to drive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #1307
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
I have never found a way to help CPU defenders navigate screens. I tried STR, DEF AWR, etc.

My worry about OBD+ is that it will hurt the User's ability to drive.
That's the reason I play D the way I do. Can't have people shooting open jumpshots all over the place.
Icebergslim gk is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #1308
Pro
 
Cesco's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Parma, Italy
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
That's the reason I play D the way I do. Can't have people shooting open jumpshots all over the place.
...and that's the way CPU usually kills you when it goes on a run.
Cesco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #1309
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, by way of Winston-Salem, NC
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

If I use these sliders in a Association with a Fantasy Draft, do I need to change the team tendencies?
__________________
I'm So Winston-Salem!
MrMayface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #1310
MVP
 
JayD's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

can these be played on pro, all star feels very cheap!
JayD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #1311
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2005
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

don't know if this question was fielded or not, but since i'm too lazy to go through 120+ pages of posts:

is there any REAL difference in playing with shot stick timing vs. real player %?

is it a statistics thing or a "force the player to make the right choices" thing?

just curious either way...

other than that.. love the sliders.. i'm 19-19 with my philadelphia 76ers...
kidphoenix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #1312
Rookie
 
andyacecandy's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Yeah, it's not a roster thing unfortunately.

I'll try on PRO again. As I said before mu association (before trying AS) was 16-9 with Orlando (not 24-1), so I believe this could the level for the kind of basketball game I like to play. I remember one of my last AS game vs Toronto. In the pre game screen you could read OFF 30, DEF 30, OVR 30... well I lost by 25 points, against the worst team of the moment. As I said before maybe AS is not the level for me, and maybe it is for half the people reading this forum. I'm sure that I can win an AS game with patience and strategy, but when I see the cheap way the CPU catches up (and your team goes ice cold) I'd throw the controller out of the window, clear sign that I'm not having fun. And we are talking about a game (= having fun).

Yeah I'm gonna switch to pro as well.... im like 5-4 on all star and the losses are ridiculous and the wins are by like 3 pts. I know I suck but I've never been THAT bad at nba 2k games haha

the stats are realistic and nice but it's not fun losing with wild passes all over the place
andyacecandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Top -