Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #1313
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Best game I've had so far. I was the Knicks and lost by a buzzer beater 3. I was actually down by in the 4th and came back to take the lead. I played with my team and I run good offense with them but my shots just weren't falling. I played on ball D the whole game and left the Defensive settings all on auto just to see how it would go.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #1314
Rookie

OVR: 4

Greenie I can't say for anyone else but these sliders are just about perfect for me. Job well done.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #1315
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Yeah, it's not a roster thing unfortunately.

I'll try on PRO again. As I said before mu association (before trying AS) was 16-9 with Orlando (not 24-1), so I believe this could the level for the kind of basketball game I like to play. I remember one of my last AS game vs Toronto. In the pre game screen you could read OFF 30, DEF 30, OVR 30... well I lost by 25 points, against the worst team of the moment. As I said before maybe AS is not the level for me, and maybe it is for half the people reading this forum. I'm sure that I can win an AS game with patience and strategy, but when I see the cheap way the CPU catches up (and your team goes ice cold) I'd throw the controller out of the window, clear sign that I'm not having fun. And we are talking about a game (= having fun).
yeah Cesco I'm starting to agree with you. I LOVE the challenge and the exciting games on All Star and I LOVE the work Greenie has done....but I'll have maybe 1 amazing game then 3 blowouts which makes me think 'damn, what do I have to do?' haha....I'm getting better, I'm usually up by at least 8-10 points or down by that much by say end of a 3rd qtr, but 4th qtrs are KILLING me.....but I don't want to go back to pro coz I think too much will have to be tinkered with re sliders and I'd hate to bail on Greenie now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #1316
Rookie

OVR: 3

Mavs/Blazers (me)
Score: 93/80
Field Goals: 36-74 (48%)/28-70(40%)
3'S: 6-13(46%)/5-17(29%)
Free throws: 15-18(83%)/19-24(79%)
assists: 28/15
turnovers: 18/24
rebounds: 37(5 off.)/37(6 off.)
steals: 14/16
Blocks: 4/3
PIP: 38/34
bench: 39/21
2nd chance: 2/4
fast break 4/6

Key Players:
Nowitzki 26 points 8 broads 3 steals
Terry 15 points 3 broads 3 steals 4/4 3pts
Butler 14 points 2 steals
Marion 11 points 6 broads 5 assists
Haywood 10 points 8 broads 2 blocks

Aldridge 28 points 8 broads 5 assists 2 blocks 5 TOs
Roy 11 points 4 broads 5 assists 5 steals 7 OTs

The game was close for the first three quarters as it goes back and forth. Then fourth quarter came and the Mavs got hot offensively, while my blazers were struggling with shots. There were quite a bit of turnovers for both teams. Some really bad passes and just some really bad AI. For example, a pass to a wide open person and he would throw it over his head or out of bound. You might want to tinker with the pass accuracy. There was also quite a bit of defending on the passing lane that led to steals. But I still love the slider as it gives me a real challenge. It seems like I have to work for every possession, and that's rewarding.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #1317
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
Greenie I can't say for anyone else but these sliders are just about perfect for me. Job well done.
These sliders ARE just about perfect for sure! The problem is you'll see a lot of buzzer beaters at the end of your games I'm afraid. The CPU simply don't like to be down and usually goes in catch up mode changing completely the way they play for a few minutes.

I'd love to see more consistency, even on the negative side. That's to say if a CPU team plays very bad the majority of the game, they deserve to lose in a bad way. This never happens on all-star. At one point CPU wakes up, gets very close and sometimes they win (that's the worst situation in this case) and sometimes they lose by 1 or 2 points. Poor bench players never have occasions to play :-D
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #1318
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
yeah Cesco I'm starting to agree with you. I LOVE the challenge and the exciting games on All Star and I LOVE the work Greenie has done....but I'll have maybe 1 amazing game then 3 blowouts which makes me think 'damn, what do I have to do?' haha....I'm getting better, I'm usually up by at least 8-10 points or down by that much by say end of a 3rd qtr, but 4th qtrs are KILLING me.....but I don't want to go back to pro coz I think too much will have to be tinkered with re sliders and I'd hate to bail on Greenie now!
Yeah I know, I'd hate to do that. But as I wrote before and judging from my previous stats maybe PRO is the level for ME, for my style of play. In this case I'd be "alone" tinkering with the sliders (I'd use Greenie set as a base to start). I'm a bit negative at the moment, because I think this All-Star thing cannot be corrected. Please someone tell me that I'm so wrong ;-)
Old 01-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #1319
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

a lot of buzzer beaters in the end is not realistic. chasing from a big lead on the 4th quarter not realistic as well. sorry greenie, but i use default as of now. i forgot the earlier versions of your slider. it gives a challenge but the results are unrealistic.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #1320
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
a lot of buzzer beaters in the end is not realistic. chasing from a big lead on the 4th quarter not realistic as well. sorry greenie, but i use default as of now. i forgot the earlier versions of your slider. it gives a challenge but the results are unrealistic.
I agree with you on the first part, but I don't agree on the slider part. I mean, on the slider side maybe something can be done, but the All-Star logic doesn't depend on Greenie sliders, it's a problem on its own. And that's the reason I'm worried about. If it was totally slider dependent it could be corrected. If it's hard coded it can't be corrected by users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »