Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #1513
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
I have been using various versions of the sliders for the past couple months and always had some concern that because I always use custom rosters like Rashidi, Nogman7, and now geebo's for 360(partially) that your slider set was not tuned to rosters that were more detailed. For the most part these rosters are more tuned for realism and there isn't as many great dunkers, lights out shooters, and speed demons. Making the playing field as well as player skill significantly less affective then the standard 2k Insider set where every team has 3 to 4 go to players...
Rather they are IRL or not

So my question is wouldn't that make the game more difficult and not play out as your sliders were intended for if we were using such rosters??

I think it's irrelevant. If you browse back through the stats, you'll find the coach profiles are working quite well, that the sliders are causing the stats to pretty much exactly match NBA AVG's (except where they are not meant to-- steals, for instance). The project never excluded a single stat post unless it didn't use the sliders as posted-- it included all rosters, teams, skill levels, etc. Therefore, I think we can safely say, it doesn't matter.

As far as rosters making players perform like their real-life counterparts, I'll leave that up to the people who use the rosters to debate.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1514
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
After playing my 7th association game with these sliders with the Magic I am 1-4. I beat the Heat by 15 but lost to Nets, T-Wolves, Wizards & Knicks. All my loses are more than 15 points.

I get out rebound by 15-20 a game: Amare',Love, Lopez, & Young killed me. All the team C's shoot about 65% or better no matter how good the D is.

I avg 5 turnovers just from in-bounding when the guy is standing 3 feet from him. Everytime I am up I can feel the cpu cheating! That is when I get most if not all my turnover and most of them are simple passes. Plus below avg shooters always make wide open 15-17 footers.

The thing I notice is all the teams play almost the same.

You've played 7 games since yesterday?

Let me ask you, how is it possible that all teams play the same? What do you propose? Dynamic sliders tuned for every single game? There is no slider set that is meant to be changed for each and every game-- whether you use the 2k sliders, Punts, MK, Armor&Sword, etc. the settings are static and never change.

Via Wiki:

Standard deviation is a widely used measurement of variability or diversity used in statistics and probability theory. It shows how much variation or "dispersion" there is from the "average" (mean, or expected/budgeted value). A low standard deviation indicates that the data points tend to be very close to the mean, whereas high standard deviation indicates that the data are spread out over a large range of values

Hum STDEV over 30 games:

9.9 10.9 11.4 4.7 6.1 4.7% 5.0% 4.6% 2.7 4.9 11.2% 6.6% 6.0 9.2 13.8% 8.5% 5.4 4.9 5.3 5.3 2.4 5.3 5.63 5.48 5.2 3.87 3.8 3.7 4.6 4.5

CPU STDEV over 30 games

Points OEff DEff FGM FGA FG% eFG% TS% 3M 3A 3% 3PR FTM FTA FTR FT% AST AR TO TOR OR ORR DRR TR TRR BLK BLKR ST DPR PO
11.9 11.6 11.1 4.1 7.1 4.2% 5.1% 5.3% 4.0 8.0 13.3% 9.1% 6.4 8.5 11.9% 7.0% 4.6 4.8 3.8 3.8 2.4 5.7 5.38 5.17 5.0 2.63 2.7 4.0 4.1 5.3

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #1515
MVP

If anything, humans play the same.

Average Standard Deviation:

Hum: 6.2

CPU: 6.266687

Last edited by greenieblue; 01-28-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #1516
MVP

OVR: 9

@ greenieblue

I played four that was a typo.

I don't know what type of changes are needed but I know the stamina is too low. I am tweaking them as I play.

The cpu gets to many rebounds and easy passes become passes out of bounds. All the teams shoot 15-20 more shots than the user even if the team run plays.

Out of the 5 games I played four players got hurt; falling after a contested shot (strained back out 2-4 weeks) and jumping for a rebound (twisted ankle).

Scorers dominate in the 1st half chill for the 3rd and get hot the last 5mins of the game.

The teams shoot 50-55%!

A big problem I notice is when the teams are running they throw full and half court passes to score easily (can't stop it and that is a 2K issue).

Last edited by keshunleon; 01-28-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #1517
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Next game, MIN @ ORL. The Timberwolves took a bad beating this time and I shoot 60% from the field. They committed a lot of fouls, even silly reach-ins when a screen beat them. I see two or three full court passes by the CPU too, but this cannot be corrected. When dowb by 20 the CPU panicked and I pressed the PG a lot with my bench palyers and the turnovers started to pile up.

I won but this was a strange game, too many fouls every time I got inside. The Timberwolves settled too much for the mid and three pointers. Only Love played a good game and he was almost unstoppable.

Considering they were beaten so hard they still shoot too well from the field, again 49%. And rebounds were low again. I think the shooting success will have to go down, it would be nice to see what other are experiencing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto.JPG (140.1 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #1518
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Are these up on 2k Share? Just wondering
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #1519
Rookie

Clippers (Me) VS Thunder
Overall 76 vs 85
Standings (2-2) vs (2-1)
Fantasy Association
Player Lock (Starting PG)

First half was a back and forth affair. Game went into halftime tied at 44. Clippers stepped up on defense in the third and forced a lot of turnovers. Clippers up by eight going into the fourth. Thunder clawed back into it but a Clippers three pointer sealed it with two minutes to go, forcing the intentional fouls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clippers_Thunder.jpg (196.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #1520
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
I'm with you on this!
I am playing with the Magic 9mins, after running 5 plays in the 1st qtr all my players are tired even D12.

I understand it forces you to sub and call time outs but tired after 5mins C'mon Mane!
you misread what i said lol...i wanted them to be better...but the fatigue is good right now, it's probably because i am playing quick games and not assoc to see the dynamic fatigue system from game to game why i felt players weren't getting tired quick enough...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »