Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

imma try this one!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
imma try this one!
Thanks, man.

Let me know how they work out for you.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #11
MVP

BTW you on-ball defenders can provide important feedback. I'm usually off-ball (PG).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

greenie - I've been following along the whole time trying not to bother you and letting you do your thing. So first let me say that I really appreciate your dedication to this project and what your work (and those of others) do for the playability of this series. My day job is as a research scientist so I am very impressed and delighted at your systematic approach to these sliders, and also why I've been anxious to see how they ended up. I've been playing with A&S's while waiting to try yours, with the feeling that I really can't go wrong with either set given how well his played over the last week for me. Anyway, my stats are below with the following caveats:

- I predominantly run plays, though I have the CPU call both offense and defensive sets for me
- I control the defensive player who last took the shot which lets me control most everyone a few times throughout the game on defense
- This was a quick game so no player speed option

Pacers (me) vs. Mavericks

88 - 91 (my first loss on pro! honestly, I'm very excited by that)

FG 34/74 36/86
FG% 45% 41%
3 11/26 4/20
3% 42% 20%
FT 9/13 15/17
Ast 22 17
TO 27 15
(I should note that I had 16 in the 1st half as I adjusted to these sliders. The one issue I noticed was proably 1/3 of the time the inbounds passes for me would go flying randomly and became a bit of a headache... otherwise my TOs were well deserved)
Foul 17 12
Reb 45 38
OReb 8 9
Steal 11 13
Block 6 3
PIP 28 30
Bench 11 29
2nd Ch 2 12
FastB 10 4

Other than the TOs this game was a blast. Granger carried the load for me with 45 (17-31; 8-16 from 3) and Dirk poured in 36 for the mavs. Collison missed the game tying 3 at the buzzer.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your (and cesco's) hard work!!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
greenie - I've been following along the whole time trying not to bother you and letting you do your thing. So first let me say that I really appreciate your dedication to this project and what your work (and those of others) do for the playability of this series. My day job is as a research scientist so I am very impressed and delighted at your systematic approach to these sliders, and also why I've been anxious to see how they ended up. I've been playing with A&S's while waiting to try yours, with the feeling that I really can't go wrong with either set given how well his played over the last week for me. Anyway, my stats are below with the following caveats:

- I predominantly run plays, though I have the CPU call both offense and defensive sets for me
- I control the defensive player who last took the shot which lets me control most everyone a few times throughout the game on defense
- This was a quick game so no player speed option

Pacers (me) vs. Mavericks

88 - 91 (my first loss on pro! honestly, I'm very excited by that)

FG 34/74 36/86
FG% 45% 41%
3 11/26 4/20
3% 42% 20%
FT 9/13 15/17
Ast 22 17
TO 27 15
(I should note that I had 16 in the 1st half as I adjusted to these sliders. The one issue I noticed was proably 1/3 of the time the inbounds passes for me would go flying randomly and became a bit of a headache... otherwise my TOs were well deserved)
Foul 17 12
Reb 45 38
OReb 8 9
Steal 11 13
Block 6 3
PIP 28 30
Bench 11 29
2nd Ch 2 12
FastB 10 4

Other than the TOs this game was a blast. Granger carried the load for me with 45 (17-31; 8-16 from 3) and Dirk poured in 36 for the mavs. Collison missed the game tying 3 at the buzzer.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your (and cesco's) hard work!!

Awesome, just awesome.

You're welcome.

The one thing about inbound plays (and really all passes w/ pass acc low) is that the closer you are to a defender, the more likely your player will sail the pass. There are definitely exceptions. Sometimes, a guy just throws one away. That said, it's hard for me to get a handle on Pass Acc at 43, because some games I sail 1 and some games I sail 10. If it turns out I'm unjustifiably throwing the ball away 6+ times a game, then I will definitely address this.

Your stats do look quite good. The only other problem I see is shooting fouls. They are a little low. Let's see what others come up with.

Thanks for trying them. I'm ashamed that a scientist watched me do that.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
MVP

BTW:

your ORR - 21.62
your Opponents - 19.57

not too bad- 26 is perfect.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #15
MVP

My first game:

The excuses

- I was distracted
- I haven't played seriously (i.e. not testing) in a few weeks
- My starting PG is injured
- New Orleans (circa 2022) has a team of veterans (Dwight Howard, D Rose, Brandon Jennings) who drew whistles when breathed on
- I'm tired

Lol.

Anyway-

Sixers (me)

96 pts
37/82 45%
7/19 3PT 36%
15/17 FT 88%
18 Assists
21 TO's
22 Team Fouls
43 Total Rebounds
7 Off Reb
10 Steals
1 Block
34 PIP
6 Second Chance Points

Hornets

106 pts
41/79 51%
2/9 3PT 22%
22/29 FT 75%
20 Assists
15 TO's
37 Total Rebounds
6 Offensive
14 Steals
5 Blocks
42 PIP
4 Second Chance Points

Pass Accuracy may need to go up to 44. But, I'm not going to do anything until more feedback comes in and I've got five games in. I'm thinking that I will go in and edit the foul draw tendency of the stars in my league. And then continue to monitor this-- because we all know this is very subjective. And after almost fouling out with three of my bigs (on Dwight Howard), I realized that foul draw could be the issue that causes such inconsistency.

Anyway, the numbers are very good but do not do the game justice. It was magic. Maybe, I'm overstating that. Maybe, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe, I haven't played in a while. Maybe, it was my opponents scheme. Maybe.

All I know, is that it was impressive.

FYI- I did notice earlier that blocks are not counted occasionally. They are counted as steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 AM   #16
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

Been looking forward to these for a while. I have been following your other thread pretty much everyday to see your progress. I am looking forward to testing these out tomorrow. I will post some results when I do. Thanks for putting all the time into this that you have.

OsVets 1 - Texans
OSVets 2 - Raiders (9-7 afc west champs)
4th & 1 - 49ers

LOEG - Pittsburgh Penguins (11-8-4)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »