Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #1601
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Now going with:

Shooting Fouls Slider: 64/61 -> lowered difference to 3 and raised by 1, last games I had 20 FTA for me and 18 for CPU with both teams attacking the basket ([email protected]) with 63/60. At 59 CPU fouls drop drastically.

Close and Mid Shooting Success: all -1. HUM and CPU rebounds are settled on 38 HUM and 39 CPU after 14 games. Need more rebounds for both. FTA are perfect, I need just a bit more errors on both sides. Left alone Inside because they are a big part of the shooting process and stats won't get major hit from changes.

Remember this is all based on my style of play and these are NOT suggested changes to the original set. This is what I do to make things even more right for my association.

Made these changes but still not tested! :-D
Sounds good, Cesco.

Remember 41.72 is the NBA AVG for team rebounds, so you are only down 3.72, 2.72.

I'm still almost positive you are adjusting fouls in reverse, but I no longer have the game to test. You could run an easy test by setting one team to 0 and the other to 100.

Last edited by greenieblue; 02-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1602
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Will do the test. Results are too different every game. I'll try again your settings. After 10 games with yours I had 33 FTA on average and CPU 20, so I decided to go the other way. Definitely need the test. Thanks!!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #1603
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Will do the test. Results are too different every game. I'll try again your settings. After 10 games with yours I had 33 FTA on average and CPU 20, so I decided to go the other way. Definitely need the test. Thanks!!
No problem at all.

I think you hit on why in your previous post-- teams that attack the basket will get more calls. If you are using the coach profiles, playing a team like Denver will result in tons of foul calls-- 50 FTA is not unprecedented irl.

I could be wrong about which side is which on the sliders, but I seem to remember quite clearly testing this before.

As far as the rebounds go, I think what may be causing the misconception is the strange post-patch distribution of rebounds (i.e. sf, guards grab more than they should). I never tested w/ DR at 100, and I don't think you would do much damage to OR by turning it up to 100. I think ORR will be 15% no matter what you do, although I wouldn't turn OR down any to be safe.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #1604
Rookie

OVR: 1

So here's my stats from last nights game Knicks(me) vs Rockets 12min

CPU / Me

91 points 80

34/78 field goals 30/75

43% field goal% 40%

2/6 3 pointers 10/26

33% 3 point % 38%

21/32 free throw 10/14

65% Free % 71%

20 assists 10

13 turnovers 19

11 team fouls 20

50 total reb 39

9 Off reb 6

10 steals 11

0 Blocks 5

40 P-N-P 24

29 Bench points 27

8 Sec Chan Pts 4

16 Fast Break Pts 2

Notables:

* Couldn't play Amare in the first half because of 2 quick fouls in the 1st quarter

* Felton injured 1st. quarter

* Kevin Martin injured 2nd quarter... He had 14 pts. in 1st Q was on fire

I felt the fouls were out of control, because just about every contested shot was a foul, so I just laid-off for a while. I'm worried about the cpu shooting, only because it was shot after shot, after shot that was being made instead of maybe missing 3 here, 2 there. There was also another injury but I can't remember who it was, but it wasn't a game ending injury. However this was the first game I played 12min quarters, so I'll play a couple more before I decide what needs to be changed. Also I'm not one of the best players at this game so I'm sure it played a part in the end results.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #1605
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
No problem at all.

I think you hit on why in your previous post-- teams that attack the basket will get more calls. If you are using the coach profiles, playing a team like Denver will result in tons of foul calls-- 50 FTA is not unprecedented irl.

I could be wrong about which side is which on the sliders, but I seem to remember quite clearly testing this before.

As far as the rebounds go, I think what may be causing the misconception is the strange post-patch distribution of rebounds (i.e. sf, guards grab more than they should). I never tested w/ DR at 100, and I don't think you would do much damage to OR by turning it up to 100. I think ORR will be 15% no matter what you do, although I wouldn't turn OR down any to be safe.
I played a game with shooting fouls sliders both at 65 and had a pretty even match at the foul line, so maybe you're right. The cause can b simply me attacking the basket too much. Since I'm the only one experiencing more fouls made by the CPU I'll keep the shooting foul slider even for both me and cpu and correct.

So far as rebounds I think I'll do the 100/100 test as some guy suggested in another thread. But so far I'm happy with your set. Lowering a bit the inside and mid shooting slider did wonders for me. FG% are more real (I was 1st/2nd in FG% after 15 games, ok Orlando can do that...) and rebounds got perfect, so far between 40 and 45 for me. My average is now 38,8 and raising.

Damn, it's sad you sold the game :-(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #1606
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

So I did a 1st quarter runthrough with 100 on OR and DR, and needless to say it makes a huge difference. I played mags (me) vs warriors, and in the rebounding totals were 17 to 15 , with 4 OR for the cpu and 2 for me. Someone has gotta start testing this out, because this may be the solution to both the overall rebounding problem and the OR problem. Also, the cpu had 14 foul shots to my 2. Any suggestions to get that problem solved for me are well. Thanks guys!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #1607
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
So I did a 1st quarter runthrough with 100 on OR and DR, and needless to say it makes a huge difference. I played mags (me) vs warriors, and in the rebounding totals were 17 to 15 , with 4 OR for the cpu and 2 for me. Someone has gotta start testing this out, because this may be the solution to both the overall rebounding problem and the OR problem. Also, the cpu had 14 foul shots to my 2. Any suggestions to get that problem solved for me are well. Thanks guys!
You had 17 to 15 in one quarter? Damn that's too much. But the number of rebounds is more tied to the shooting success sliders. This means you both shoot very bad. What's important here is the % of O-Rebs of the total Rebs. I'll try 100/100 in my next game.

As far as fouls i have the exact opposite. It's me always shooting much more FT than the CPU. Fouls are difficult to tweak, they depend too much on how a team plays, so you can have very different results in different games. Now I'm at 65 for both, setting them uneven makes things worse for me. So there's not a solution, or better, you can lower some slider, but maybe the next game you'll have completely different results. Fouls must be tweaked in a lot of games span.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #1608
Pro

ffpp's Arena

A few things I don't get:

first: how come noone has a problem with the 3pt% ? For me (after like 20 12min-games on all-star) where too high. I'm leading the league with like 48% shooting from 3 as a team. If you are careful with your shot selection you hit way too many with these settings. I toned them down to 48.

second: how come you set the user's values higher than the ones for the ai controlled team ? I didn't notice any trends of unfair advantage the cpu has and I have set each slider the same for both me and the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »