Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #1609
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Which of these sliders would you alter for a beginner to help with the learning curve of the game in general?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #1610
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

yah believe it or not the two teams shot 40% and 50% respectively. the score was like 28-27. obviously 100 is too high, so i'm thinking of doing some testing to see where i can get a realistic ratio of total rebounds and offensive rebounds. if anyone else wants to help me out on this, it would be most appreciated. but in my thinking, i believe the DR slider has an impact on OR and total boards. i'm basically thinking since the average # of boards is 41.72 per game, we try to get the total # of boards every game between 80-90something per game, depending on shooting %. i'll look at it some today, but again help an input would be much appreciated
Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #1611
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

I played a full half with DR at 75, and the numbers were shaky, but not bad. Against the mavs, the score was 56 53 at the half, with the mags shooting 57% to my 47 in the 1st half. The rebounds were in my favor though, 25 to 20, with me grabbing 8!!! Offensive boards, but the cpu grabbed 0...I'm not really satisfied with the fact the rebound total was so high when both teams were shooting so well, but I guess if you take out offensive boards, 17 to 20 isn't all that bad...especially since I was shooting a lower percentage. I've decided this DR slider should be between 50 and 75, we just need to find the right number. Again, if anyone want to help me test this, let me know...I'm fairly confident with my first test with both slides on 100 this OR problem can be solved. Thanks guys, your help will be appreciated!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #1612
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why do people complain about a team shooting in the high 50% for FG range in a half? Seriously... Do any of you people watch basketball at all? Last night Dallas and Boston game Dallas was shooting 58% at halftime and Boston was shooting 60% at half time... Also I dont get about people complaining about 20 FT attempts a game for each team... Really? I dont think a lot of you watch basketball and just like to complain about everything like my sister. haha!

Anyways these sliders are great.

Also one thing I wanted to add here as well since I see TONS of complaining about every slider set on this website.

Tons of problems you create yourself such as High Scoring games, too many shot attempts, too many turnovers, too many foul shots, etc. etc. If you are having very high scoring games or too many shot attempts in a game then you are obviously just running down the court and chucking it up within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock every time. Run plays dont throw stupid passes and dont commit stupid fouls.

Most of the errors in this game are USER created not game related. Maybe you people should think about that for once instead of just blaming the game.

Last edited by bemo03; 02-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #1613
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've only got two issues..

1. The computer has made every single "And-1" shot they've taken. Right now they are 12-12 on "And-1" shots and it's near the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm 2-10 with "And-1" shots and mine are easier ones then theres. Mine are all ones where they're laying the balls up, while theirs are shots where they're facing the opposite way and just throwing it up.

Another small issue that goes along with fouls. It's way to easy for fouls to happen. Three starters on each team have 4 fouls right now, still being into the 3rd.

2. Turnovers are ridiculous. The computer jumps the passes, even whenever you're trying to just pass it 10 feet to the left and the computer's backed up.

Other then that, these sliders are alright.

'Minnesota Vikings'
'Detroit Red Wings'
'Philadelphia 76ers'
'Pittsburgh Pirates'
'Penn State'
'Tony Stewart'
Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #1614
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
A few things I don't get:

first: how come noone has a problem with the 3pt% ? For me (after like 20 12min-games on all-star) where too high. I'm leading the league with like 48% shooting from 3 as a team. If you are careful with your shot selection you hit way too many with these settings. I toned them down to 48.

second: how come you set the user's values higher than the ones for the ai controlled team ? I didn't notice any trends of unfair advantage the cpu has and I have set each slider the same for both me and the cpu.
Are you using real player FG% or SST? I don't have the 3PT problem. I'm using the Magic and with sliders as published I started the association with a 45% and now, after 15 games, I'm around 41%, so no problem for my team.

Some sliders are uneven because in a 30 games stats test CPU turned out to have an edge on the human player on some aspect of the game, so uneven sliders now make a fair game.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #1615
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
I played a full half with DR at 75, and the numbers were shaky, but not bad. Against the mavs, the score was 56 53 at the half, with the mags shooting 57% to my 47 in the 1st half. The rebounds were in my favor though, 25 to 20, with me grabbing 8!!! Offensive boards, but the cpu grabbed 0...I'm not really satisfied with the fact the rebound total was so high when both teams were shooting so well, but I guess if you take out offensive boards, 17 to 20 isn't all that bad...especially since I was shooting a lower percentage. I've decided this DR slider should be between 50 and 75, we just need to find the right number. Again, if anyone want to help me test this, let me know...I'm fairly confident with my first test with both slides on 100 this OR problem can be solved. Thanks guys, your help will be appreciated!!!!
On my next game I'll try the 100/100 thing, even if I'm fairly happy with sliders as they are now. I've given up on O-Rebs long ago, but it would be cool to find a solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #1616
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemo03
Why do people complain about a team shooting in the high 50% for FG range in a half? Seriously... Do any of you people watch basketball at all? Last night Dallas and Boston game Dallas was shooting 58% at halftime and Boston was shooting 60% at half time... Also I dont get about people complaining about 20 FT attempts a game for each team... Really? I dont think a lot of you watch basketball and just like to complain about everything like my sister. haha!

Anyways these sliders are great.

Also one thing I wanted to add here as well since I see TONS of complaining about every slider set on this website.

Tons of problems you create yourself such as High Scoring games, too many shot attempts, too many turnovers, too many foul shots, etc. etc. If you are having very high scoring games or too many shot attempts in a game then you are obviously just running down the court and chucking it up within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock every time. Run plays dont throw stupid passes and dont commit stupid fouls.

Most of the errors in this game are USER created not game related. Maybe you people should think about that for once instead of just blaming the game.
I agree with you on most parts. Coming here and complaining is useless, because everyone can correct the sliders as they like. Instead giving good criticism can help everyone, like reporting off stats, weird things etc.

As for the numbers, a 20 FTA it's fine for a game, but an average of 20 FTA on a 20 games span is at the very minimum of NBA average. The scope here is to work on averages and see if in a long stretch of games numbers are similar to real world NBA.

You're right on the user thing. I always keep an Excel table where I put all the results and stats of my games, and often CPU stats are perfect and user stats are a bit off. This is due to the human way of playing and everyone can correct it or, better, keep playing as they like. If CPU stats are fine it means that sliders work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »