Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #1641
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Whats the problem with the Coaching Profiles?

and

How are we suppose to have different Rosters when 2k automatically updates yours before the game loads up.
Also i you can avoid the 2k auto update, is someone out there who doesn't have a life that updates this rosters every week??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #1642
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC_46
Whats the problem with the Coaching Profiles?

and

How are we suppose to have different Rosters when 2k automatically updates yours before the game loads up.
Also i you can avoid the 2k auto update, is someone out there who doesn't have a life that updates this rosters every week??
Coaching profiles decide how many shoots are taken from the floor in different positions, how much defensive pressure, fastbreaks, etc. If you take 3s all the time you won't have fouls and tons of rebounds. If you apply super high pressure you'll have tons of fouls. So coaching profiles are very important and the default ones are not so accurate. Rashidi's rosters (14 January) don't have tweaked coaching profiles I believe.

If you play quick games you have to load your rosters before every game to be sure. If you start an association you'll automatically play with the roster you load before you begin for all your association long.

Rosters out there are based on a 2K Release as a base and tweaked from there. Some roster makers update lineups and profiles all season long.

I think you can disable the auto download of 2K rosters, maybe someone else can help you better here, sorry.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #1643
Banned

OVR: 0

aw yeah thanks man.

I know what the Coach profiles do. Just want to know what specifically is wrong with the default 2k ones? for example how a team is different?

Suprised 2k don't updat them? I guess im not suprised since they refuse to make the game play themselves they leave it to us...

2k never update the Ratings in the Rosters do they?
Grant Hill's athleticism is way too low. Just because of his history. They should watch a game.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #1644
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have made another NBA today game Spurs@Pistons Lose by 9 .

100-109.

1 : The clutch factor is weird , If he's on 7 for exemple like I use now, I know the score will always be by +10 (or 9 or 11) but it will stay realist.
I think the clutch factor limit this cause everytime I've play with it at 0 like Greenie advice, the score and the teams goes crazy and the basket will put easier (sorry again for my language, I try to explain correctly but it's hard).
But in he same time, got various scoring is more cool, I don't know what to do and what to think about that. Cesco again or Greenie, if your read this...

2 : Lot of turnover , BUT it's not cause I'm not concetrate...

It's THIS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLJ67LNjzc

Why and what cause this thing who was recurrent with the Purist sliders since a long time ? all my sliders are tweak correctly, don't understand, can I put the pass sliders at 51 or 50 for both team ?

I take pleasure to play, it's the thing the more important now. I'm nervous when I play ^^
Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #1645
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Here are my stats after 20 games. I had a hard life in this second 10 games, going 4-6 (I'm 11-9, not great but this means I'm having a great time with the game). I faced a lot of injuries on starters: Hedo was first, then JRich and now Bass. All three are playing hurt and last game Arenas got injuried on his back and is out 2-4 weeks. I realized that CPU exploits A LOT your hurt players. Against Chicago Deng scored more than 40 points when matched by an injuried Richardson. He stopped as soon as Hedo (now healthy) was on him on defense.

So far I'm pretty happy with these numbers:

ORL - CPU
101,4 - PPG - 98,3 (high for ORL, slightly decreasing)
36 - FGM - 39
75 - FGA - 80 (ok!)
47,5 - FG% - 47,5 (slightly decreasing for both)
9 - 3PTM - 5
23 - 3PTA - 15 (too many 3PT shooters in ORL, can't avoid it... inside or 3PT)
39,3 - 3PT% - 34,9 (maybe slider must go even, lately CPU killed me from 3, so no changes for now)
21 - FTM - 16
30 - FTA - 20 (30+20=50 /2=25 trying to even, I'm being too picky I'm afraid)
69,2 - FT% - 76,3 (I'm losing games at FT! What's wrong with it? Real FT and diff. at 50)
18,4 - AS - 22,4 (ok!)
12,8 - T/O - 12,3 (lowered Hands -> T/O went down a bit... pass acc down by one if you want to keep T/O at around 13 per game)
13,6 - FOULS - 19,7 (CPU still fouls too much, still tinkering with SH. FOULS Slider)
38,3 - REBS - 40,4 (going up, lowered sh. success for mid and close, will lower sh. fouls)
6,0 - OREBS - 6,1 (ok, maybe NBA2K12)
8,6 - STEALS - 8,9 (going down, looking good)
5,1 - BLOCKS - 3,4 (spot on for ORL, Howard first in NBA with 2,6 BPG)
42,2 - PAINT - 41,9
26,2 - BENCH - 28,4
5,7 - 2ND CH - 6,6
4,5 - FAST BR - 8,1

I don't have my paper now where I wrote the changes but:

Close and Mid range shooting success: all -1 both for CPU and HUM.
Pass Accuracy: -1 for HUM and CPU. Please don't do that if you hate passes that go over the head, or inbound passes that go wrong. I had to lower steals (HANDS down) and compensate with this.
Hands: -1 for both. Steals going slightly down. Keep turnovers with pass accuracy down.
Defensive Rebounds: 100 Still testing. I love the fact that Cs grab the right amount of rebounds on defense. At 1 they usually get outebounded by PF and SF. Not in ORL...
Shooting Fouls: 64 even for both. Still testing a lot. Maybe 63 is better, so REBS will raise a bit. Hard to test in a few games. I think CPU is less fouled by me because they attack less the rim. I usually base my tweaking looking at how many times I'm fouled when I go inside.

Here you go. Stats are pretty fine, I'm enjoying the game and not getting mad at the sliders tweaking, just little things.

THESE ARE NOT SUGGESTED TWEAKING TO THE ORIGINAL SET, IT'S SIMPLY HOW I PLAY. So apply at your own risk and... don't complain, eh eh :-D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #1646
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
I have made another NBA today game Spurs@Pistons Lose by 9 .

100-109.

1 : The clutch factor is weird , If he's on 7 for exemple like I use now, I know the score will always be by +10 (or 9 or 11) but it will stay realist.
I think the clutch factor limit this cause everytime I've play with it at 0 like Greenie advice, the score and the teams goes crazy and the basket will put easier (sorry again for my language, I try to explain correctly but it's hard).
But in he same time, got various scoring is more cool, I don't know what to do and what to think about that. Cesco again or Greenie, if your read this...
I prefer not to tinker with clutch factor, i hate it. It's the weirdest slider in the game and no one can really prove what it does and does not. Your choice...

Quote:
2 : Lot of turnover , BUT it's not cause I'm not concetrate...

It's THIS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTLJ67LNjzc

Why and what cause this thing who was recurrent with the Purist sliders since a long time ? all my sliders are tweak correctly, don't understand, can I put the pass sliders at 51 or 50 for both team ?

I take pleasure to play, it's the thing the more important now. I'm nervous when I play ^^
Again here it's your choice. If you want real stats (T/O especially) leave pass accuracy as is, otherwise change to your liking. Note that if you don't have T/O you'll have more FGA, maybe more fouls, higher scores etc. It's not only a number I mean...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #1647
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Pass Accuracy: -1 for HUM and CPU. Please don't do that if you hate passes that go over the head, or inbound passes that go wrong. I had to lower steals (HANDS down) and compensate with this.
Hands: -1 for both. Steals going slightly down. Keep turnovers with pass accuracy down.
I'd like to know if you can give the numbers ? cause I don't understand what you want to tell in this part of your post. (in bold)
Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #1648
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I'm not so sure about that Pabby. I'm using Rashidi rosters, tendencies and touches are fine, but I'm a bit concerned about coaching sliders. You have teams shooting 3s all the time and other attacking the basket and doing always tha same thing. It would be nice to have some good playbooks for 360. But I think rosters don't make things easier, because even CPU plays better, so it's relative.
did Rashidi add/update coaching sliders? Geebo and Nogster have updated coaching sliders which are a part of a roster file you download......it makes a HUGE difference, I don't see the issues you pointed out at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »