Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #1665
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Coach profiles and user-edited rosters are not important. You can apply these sliders to any variation of rosters/coach profiles/etc., since they affect the gameplay independently and universally.

In short, if you try these sliders and do not find that you enjoy the game, don't bother shopping around for supplemental additives to increase the realism, your enjoyment, etc. You're essentially chasing your own tail. Just move on to your own or someone else's version of gameplay tweaks.

At some point the madness has to stop and you either play the game or sell it. I've made my choice.

Anyway, for newcomers, you're in good hands with Cesco.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #1666
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

As always you're too kind with me. I'm good at pointing out things and give criticism, but not as good in making a slider set from scratch and publish for all to use.

Fortunately my madness is positive. I like to post here what I've done and what I've observed, but I play relaxed and enjoy the game, giving up on these points that can't be corrected.

I agree on your statement about the universality of sliders, but listen to this. If a roster maker gives all the touches of a team to its star, he maybe will shoot according to sliders, but he will shoot too much and always the same plays will be called to put him in position, that's what I mean. Same importance must be given to coach sliders. So important that even you, Greenie, decided to create your own set. So rosters can change things I think. Ahgin I'm not looking for rosters to win more, but just to have a better experience (visual experience too!).

Nice to hear from you G from time to time :-)
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #1667
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
As always you're too kind with me. I'm good at pointing out things and give criticism, but not as good in making a slider set from scratch and publish for all to use.

Fortunately my madness is positive. I like to post here what I've done and what I've observed, but I play relaxed and enjoy the game, giving up on these points that can't be corrected.

I agree on your statement about the universality of sliders, but listen to this. If a roster maker gives all the touches of a team to its star, he maybe will shoot according to sliders, but he will shoot too much and always the same plays will be called to put him in position, that's what I mean. Same importance must be given to coach sliders. So important that even you, Greenie, decided to create your own set. So rosters can change things I think. Ahgin I'm not looking for rosters to win more, but just to have a better experience (visual experience too!).

Nice to hear from you G from time to time :-)

I agree with most of what you say, except the "me giving you too much credit" part. ;-)

I just see some people running in every direction (sometimes after a quarter of play) trying to "improve" their experience. In reality, they are only varying their experience. You can really achieve this in countless ways and temporarily call it "improvement" and ultimately call it "something that needs to be improved". In other words, it's insanity.

I haven't personally verified any roster set and I wouldn't even know where to begin when doing so, because the ratings/attributes/tendencies systems employed by 2k make very little sense. But, yeah, I think some things are instantly apparent and corrected-- like someone repeatedly shooting too often.

I'm always around, just stepped into the shadows to allow the wolves to tear each other apart.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #1668
Banned

OVR: 3

what does the tendency sliders do??? and what if they're very different from the coach profiles?? i have my tendency sliders at 0 at atk the basket, mid,close,3pt
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #1669
Pro

Cesco's Arena

That's a VERY good question. I think only 2K can really answer this. You have coaching tendencies which dictate how the game must be played, but then you have the same individual tendencies which give a character to a player. Would be very nice to know how they interact.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:33 AM   #1670
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Steals were too high for me with Greenie set, so I lowered HANDS by 1 for both HUM and CPU. Lowering this has produced a fall in turnovers. As a consequence I lowered pass accuracy by 1 on both to keep T/O numbers at the right spot. But be warned, you'll see more missed passes as the one you've pointed out in your video.

Oh Cesco, just a detail maybe without importance here, it's Not MY video..i've found it on youtube a long time ago, with the pre patch and pro level set, if I remember.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #1671
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OT: for the first time I'm giving a try to the My Player mode. Created my alter ego and doing my best at the combine. I see sliders cannot be modified in this mode, you can only choose difficulty and SIM or DEFAULT slider mode. And also it's Shoot Stick Timing.

I'll continue my association too while waiting for the new roster to come out and maybe start a new association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #1672
Rookie

OVR: 3

Cesco mate, I've been away on a holiday and just got home and came straight here (major withdrawls haha) I simmed though some pages and saw that you were making adjustments that directly affect the way I want to play coz I felt shooting was too easy, I was consistently getting like 50%+ with only a few low games and it should def be the other way around, and the directs the ridiculous high scoring I was always getting which I HATE lol.

I was just wondering if you could post ALL your numbers you have altered since you took over? (so to speak). As int he rebounding, shooting, hands, TO's expremients you did? It would be HUGELY appreciated as it seems you're after the same experience as me.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »