Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #1705
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Hey Cesco mate, what have your FG% numbers been like since you made those changes to the shooting sliders?

I realized why I was playing so well, I was on shot stick timing for some unknown reason lol......but I can still manage to get like 16 point leads and all that on real FG% so I'm not fussed.....but no wonder I was so consistent lol.....

I went back to original numbers since I learned i wasn't on Real FG% and I'm still around high 49-55%.....I'm guessing with the adjusted numbers you posted it should be mid 40%'s with rarer 50%+?

Cheers mate

also, has it dumed down the cpu considering how low you put there shooting sliders due to having to low humans? I'd hate for that to happen or it be too easy
Hello my friend, haven't played as much lately, mostly because I was waiting for some roster projects to finish, but most of them are waiting for the trade deadline. So I continued with my franchise and I'm 28 games into it. So far everything's great and I'm adjusting here and there to my likings as usual. I'll post my 30 games stats for sure. So far I'm 16-12 and I've seen a lot of different results. FG% is great (46,6% HUM - 46,7% CPU) and going down a little bit due to my changes. I'm not concerned at all with CPU sliders being low. First because FG% is still fine and second the CPU seems to have a security threshold not allowing it to have super bad games. In the last three games I've seen CPU shoot 52%, 44% and 38%. What my little changes brought is that a losing CPU (or HUM) now shoots in the high 30s / low 40s from the field. With the original sliders I've seen often the losing team shoot no worse than 45% and the winning one always more than 50%. For me now everything has shifted down a bit.

I'm really enjoying my franchise. Still tweaking steals/turnovers balance, but as for the rest I'm really happy. Definitely love the 100/100 setting for D-Rebs/O-Rebs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #1706
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Hello my friend, haven't played as much lately, mostly because I was waiting for some roster projects to finish, but most of them are waiting for the trade deadline. So I continued with my franchise and I'm 28 games into it. So far everything's great and I'm adjusting here and there to my likings as usual. I'll post my 30 games stats for sure. So far I'm 16-12 and I've seen a lot of different results. FG% is great (46,6% HUM - 46,7% CPU) and going down a little bit due to my changes. I'm not concerned at all with CPU sliders being low. First because FG% is still fine and second the CPU seems to have a security threshold not allowing it to have super bad games. In the last three games I've seen CPU shoot 52%, 44% and 38%. What my little changes brought is that a losing CPU (or HUM) now shoots in the high 30s / low 40s from the field. With the original sliders I've seen often the losing team shoot no worse than 45% and the winning one always more than 50%. For me now everything has shifted down a bit.

I'm really enjoying my franchise. Still tweaking steals/turnovers balance, but as for the rest I'm really happy. Definitely love the 100/100 setting for D-Rebs/O-Rebs.
thanks for the update mate

I havn't tried the 100/100 rebs setting, but I'll add that next game.....I don't know whether to wait the few days for roster updates from Geebo (the roster im using) or just start and make changes myself lol.....I've got a few quet days before uni is back so dunno what to do with myself haha
Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #1707
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here are my 2 cents btw, my shooting percentages were too high and I was always getting fouled in the paint.

I lowered every shooting slider except for 3 point shooting by 1. And for some reason that already worked wonders on all star. First Quarter I managed to totally dominate the Raptors on defense holding them to a 32% shooting average. Then in the 2nd quarter AI used its supernatural powers to pull away ofcourse But still at halftime shooting average was at about 40 percent for the Raptors and 41% for my Knicks. I liked this cause normally I would always be 50+ or just below against better teams like the Celtics and I was also constantly getting burned even the Raptors would shoot 50% or more against me. However I'm probably gonna try another match vs. the Raptors just to see if this wasn't a fluke or if this decreasing of the sliders by 1 really helped.

Then the fouling in the paint, I mean everytime I reached Stoudemire in the paint it would be a score and a foul, heck even with guys like Fields and Gallinari I would constantly be able to get them to foul. I lowered both driving contact and in the paint contact frequency by 10 and also shooting fouls by 10. Maybe a bit drastic but at halftime both me (Knicks) and the Raptors were at about 20 free throws which seems pretty realistic to me. (Don't know all averages, after all i'm from Holland and don't get to see many live NBA games). Also there were some times were Stoudemire would be in the paint and didn't get fouled or where Fields was driving to the basket and didn't get fouled it was frustrating every now and then but that just makes it more of a challenge and its way more fun this way imo. Getting a foul on every single in the paint shot or layup is going to make it way too easy.

Also I had an issue with some weird inbounds passes, isn't upping hands slider a simple solution for that?

Will do one full match with my own adjusted shooting and foul sliders to see if I get another realistic result vs. the Raptors with my Knicks, hope it works cause even though it can be frustrating I just don't like having like a 54% shooting average 15 games into the season and still be a .500 team. Just doesn't seem right.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #1708
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Hi Cesco-

First, thank you for the hard work of developing these sliders. They feel really solid.

I'm having a few issues, however, and would love your input.

1) I'm using Rashidi's roster, and it seems like too many players are really good. It may just be the combination of his roster with these sliders, however. Which roster do you play on? Are geebo's roster better with these sliders? I'll happily restart, if necessary.

2) Every game feels the exact same. I'm 17 games into my association, and 16 of them have been decided by less than 5 points. The other one, a 9 point win, was in overtime. Could this be fixed with the consistency slider? I'd love to see teams occasionally shoot 65% or 32%, not 45-50% every single game.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #1709
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
Hi Cesco-

First, thank you for the hard work of developing these sliders. They feel really solid.

1) I'm using Rashidi's roster, and it seems like too many players are really good. It may just be the combination of his roster with these sliders, however. Which roster do you play on? Are geebo's roster better with these sliders? I'll happily restart, if necessary.

2) Every game feels the exact same. I'm 17 games into my association, and 16 of them have been decided by less than 5 points. The other one, a 9 point win, was in overtime. Could this be fixed with the consistency slider? I'd love to see teams occasionally shoot 65% or 32%, not 45-50% every single game.

I play with Geebo's and they are absolute money! Every player has had their stats, signature altered to reflect real life as much as possible. Touches are pretty much perfect with every player too. If you are on PS3 DEFINITELY go for Geebo's.

As for the every game feels the same, I don't experience that.......sure, every game go through the runs that happen on All Star but I can destroy the bad teams, be challenged by good, and the great teams beat me......consistency is the players shooting not the actualy result....all you'll do is essentially create more cold streaks if you lower that
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #1710
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
I play with Geebo's and they are absolute money! Every player has had their stats, signature altered to reflect real life as much as possible. Touches are pretty much perfect with every player too. If you are on PS3 DEFINITELY go for Geebo's.

As for the every game feels the same, I don't experience that.......sure, every game go through the runs that happen on All Star but I can destroy the bad teams, be challenged by good, and the great teams beat me......consistency is the players shooting not the actualy result....all you'll do is essentially create more cold streaks if you lower that
Thanks Pabby, that's good to know. It could be that the players on Rashidi's roster are too similar, or something.

I'll give Geebo's roster a try tonight.

Cheers!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #1711
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks Pabby, that's good to know. It could be that the players on Rashidi's roster are too similar, or something.

I'll give Geebo's roster a try tonight.

Cheers!
here's a link to the forum for Geebo's rosters for you to check out mate

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iation-32.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #1712
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Hi Cesco-

Hello Ocho Cuatro,

as for Rashidi rosters I agree with you, players SEEM to be very good in what they do. But I think it's more an All-Star thing. AI on All Start is very smart and every player plays at the best of his possibilities. At first I blamed the rosters too. We should start an association with default rosters, play 20 games and see the differences.

For games being too tight, I had the same impression at first when I struggled against CPU. But when I mastered this difficulty level I started seeing blow outs and different games. Maybe it's the association changing along the season (I keep stats and numbers change a lot from the beginning of the season), fatigue, chemistry etc. Now I see teams starting a game badly AND finishing badly. But all in all it's the All Star level again. Single games seem unfair some time but on the long run the association seems to balance itself in terms of statistics, giving praise to the good teams and a hard time to bad ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »