Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #1713
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Hello Ocho Cuatro,

as for Rashidi rosters I agree with you, players SEEM to be very good in what they do. But I think it's more an All-Star thing. AI on All Start is very smart and every player plays at the best of his possibilities. At first I blamed the rosters too. We should start an association with default rosters, play 20 games and see the differences.

For games being too tight, I had the same impression at first when I struggled against CPU. But when I mastered this difficulty level I started seeing blow outs and different games. Maybe it's the association changing along the season (I keep stats and numbers change a lot from the beginning of the season), fatigue, chemistry etc. Now I see teams starting a game badly AND finishing badly. But all in all it's the All Star level again. Single games seem unfair some time but on the long run the association seems to balance itself in terms of statistics, giving praise to the good teams and a hard time to bad ones.
Thanks, Cesco. Do you play with Chemistry and/or roles on? I turn them both off, and that may be why my games have a consistent feel.

And just to be clear, it's not just that I can't blow out bad teams. My association team is below average, and I'd like my team to occasionally get blown out by the Heat or Lakers.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #1714
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
Thanks, Cesco. Do you play with Chemistry and/or roles on? I turn them both off, and that may be why my games have a consistent feel.

And just to be clear, it's not just that I can't blow out bad teams. My association team is below average, and I'd like my team to occasionally get blown out by the Heat or Lakers.
Could be. Is there a reason why you keep them off?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1715
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Could be. Is there a reason why you keep them off?
I thought that they both messed up Association too much. I know that in past years, Chemistry led to unreal progression (like Jason Kidd getting a +5 boost in his OVR rating). I'll have to try them out again, and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #1716
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
I thought that they both messed up Association too much. I know that in past years, Chemistry led to unreal progression (like Jason Kidd getting a +5 boost in his OVR rating). I'll have to try them out again, and see what happens.
definitely leave chemistry on, it's important! With edited rosters, player progression is very realistic due to potential knocked down a bit on every player
Old 02-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #1717
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
definitely leave chemistry on, it's important! With edited rosters, player progression is very realistic due to potential knocked down a bit on every player
Thanks, I'll give that a try!

BTW - do you leave player roles on as well?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #1718
Banned

OVR: 0

The two games I have played have averaged 50 combined rebounds and both teams shooting around or above 50% on FGs. The Nuggets kept up with me through 3 quarters before falling apart and the Knicks kept it close until the 2nd started and I proceeded to blow them out. Should I make any tweaks or try a few more games?

Last edited by House Hogan; 02-21-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #1719
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by House Hogan
The two games I have played have averaged 50 combined rebounds and both teams shooting around or above 50% on FGs. The Nuggets kept up with me through 3 quarters before falling apart and the Knicks kept it close until the 2nd started and I proceeded to blow them out. Should I make any tweaks or try a few more games?
I had the same issue, especially in the first games of the season. After 10 or more games you should see FG% go down a bit, but it wasn't too much for my taste. So I made a few changes on the Shot Success sliders. I posted them a few pages back. I'm 28 games into my association. As soon as I hit 30 (tonight or tomorrow) I'll post my stats and my tweaks so far. As I always say these are made for my taste and not to appeal everyone. I'm going down with Pass Accuracy and I know this will get most of the people mad. I love real stats and I enjoy tweaking a bit, but most of all I enjoy playing, so if something doesn't happen I won't go crazy after it.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #1720
Rookie

OVR: 4

I use Rashidi rosters and have never used any other with these slider set.

After playing several games, I feel the following factors to this slider set:

- Too high 3p Field Goal %
- PF and C grabbing too few rebounds - too balanced for the whole team. To many avg 4 - 5 reb
- Small defensive feeling. You can play great defense and the CPU shot goes in anyway.
- CPU inside shot scoring at will
- To easy to draw shooting fouls and go to the free throw line.
- I use up the entire shot clock and still there are too many points.

Otherwise I think the sliderset has great potensial and I will continue to use them with just some tweaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »