Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #1721
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I had the same issue, especially in the first games of the season. After 10 or more games you should see FG% go down a bit, but it wasn't too much for my taste. So I made a few changes on the Shot Success sliders. I posted them a few pages back. I'm 28 games into my association. As soon as I hit 30 (tonight or tomorrow) I'll post my stats and my tweaks so far. As I always say these are made for my taste and not to appeal everyone. I'm going down with Pass Accuracy and I know this will get most of the people mad. I love real stats and I enjoy tweaking a bit, but most of all I enjoy playing, so if something doesn't happen I won't go crazy after it.
your shooting success sliders were money Cesco, I know they were minor tweaks but definitely made it better......I was shooting way too high and now the scores are much better and FG% is consistent with good performance = good FG%, bad performance = bad FG%. Before it didn't matter how you performed, the FG% was still too high
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #1722
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
your shooting success sliders were money Cesco, I know they were minor tweaks but definitely made it better......I was shooting way too high and now the scores are much better and FG% is consistent with good performance = good FG%, bad performance = bad FG%. Before it didn't matter how you performed, the FG% was still too high
I'm glad they worked for you, thanks Pabby.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #1723
Rookie

OVR: 0

If these are too hard for me would switching the difficulty to pro help?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #1724
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappine05
If these are too hard for me would switching the difficulty to pro help?
we originally had pro but it was too easy and the cpu logic was frustratingly dumn.....if you find them too hard, play with shot stick timing instaed of real FG
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #1725
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
we originally had pro but it was too easy and the cpu logic was frustratingly dumn.....if you find them too hard, play with shot stick timing instaed of real FG
I'll just play more and try to step my game up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #1726
Rookie

Wat's up fellas. i'm not sure how many of you are keeping an eye out for The Game & JFK Essential Rosters, but they are close to being done. They only have to finish player roles and some minor stuff, but the major stuff is already finish. These play great with the settings on page 1.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042139844

minor tweak:

pass accuracy - 47(hum) 45(cpu)

Last edited by ~: AkaDemiK :~; 02-22-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:47 AM   #1727
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Hello guys, yesterday I played 3 games and did some major testing. Numbers are really good but in the last games I had a serious issue, my team committing half the CPU fouls, that can be translated also in -> CPU not attacking the basket enough. My average FTA is 30, CPU is 20 and going down. I mean, 20 is not bad, but I feel that going inside often you can exploit the CPU and the CPU doesn't do the same. Even when they post up they eventually do the fadeaway thing. I found that the good balance for human fouls/FTA attempted is to put CPU shooting fouls slider to 62. On the CPU side I had to do something else.

So i decided to do some serious test on some sliders (that's the only way you can learn how sliders work). I put OFF AWA and DEF AWA back to 50 and one game later ATTACK BASKET to 100. The first two sliders make the whole game more "human" and less scripted. I did this trying to disrupt the CPU always shooting off screens and make it "think" more and have some esitation (and also the curiosity to see what changes... again a learning method).

I had two good games with these settings. More fouls commited by my team but still not enough for my taste. Next I'll try with HUM shooting fouls to 65 and then balance. An issue has come out though, in these two games FG% was a bit low for both HUM and CPU. I don't see why OFF AWA should have an effect on the shoots success and that's why this needs more testing.

At the end of it I wanted to suggest to people having serious problems playing at this level to lower OFF and DEF AWA to default and see what happens. From there you can go up and maintain a +5 OFF AWA on DEF AWA (55-50, 72-67, ecc.). Next time I can try leaving OFF and DEF AWA to default and go back to the Purist original set for shoot success sliders. Attack the basket is dangerous. You see CPU making a lot of isomoving, but the fadeaway thing is disappeared. At last I saw Shaq doing the turnaround thing in the post against my C and getting a foul. Never saw this before.

The whole thing needs a lot of testing. You can try at your own risk, eh eh :-D

The turnover/steal thing is really tough. I got the perfect steals (6, 7, 8 per game) and turnovers got a tad low, but I'm happy with that. I can always go down further with pass accuracy, but then it gets almost ridicolous.

Be careful! ;-)
Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #1728
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my side with the original set of first page.

I just put the clutch ON and on 50 in sliders, it work good and change the difficulty, more playable. No need to change anything, I find some good vibration with it. But search the perfect numbers, 27 ? 3 ? 7 ? 35 ? 45 ? 50 ? these numbers are good and change the scoring difference at the end of the game I think.
It make the game Less scripted too, I will maybe try to couple it with Cesco adjustement, don't know yet.

I also understand how to play in D, it change everything, thx to Pabby for his advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »