Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #1737
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

These sliders are ridiculously hard. I don't know how any of you guys can play on them.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:10 AM   #1738
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm liking these sliders so far. I ran with the new-look NY Knicks at home against the Boston Celtics and lost 98-95.

Ray Allen killed me, scoring 36 points and knocking down 7-of-8 from 3-pt. land. But, that was MY fault for not adjusting my defensive strategy. I'd become a little lazy on PRO, as I didn't really have to worry about adjustments b/c it seemed the CPU would cool itself off without me having to do anything.

I also liked how Boston tried to force the ball out of Melo and Amar'e's hands with almost immediate double-teams in the post. It forced me to really pay attention to floor spacing and look for cutters or guys spotting up for 3, instead of just backing down my man and scoring at will in the paint.

CPU shooting percentages were another reason I was looking for a change in sliders. Boston shot 49% for the game, 10-15% improvement from what I had been seeing on PRO. Very happy with that. I was at 44% for the game, and you'll get no complaints from me about that, either.

Going to run some more games, but really liking what I am seeing so far.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #1739
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappine05
These sliders are ridiculously hard. I don't know how any of you guys can play on them.
I was in your case some days ago, then I see the light ! ^^

-Sag off the big player and franchise player in defense in coach profil.

-Play cool and smart

-Put The clutch ON and put him on 50 in The Sliders

Take a big team vs a midlle or bad team and test
Old 02-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #1740
Rookie

nbacoventry's Arena

OVR: 1

Cesco, could you post the sliders you are using now or the edits you have made to this slider set because i can't stop the CPU from scoring in the paint and everytime i get called a shooting foul on me most of the time the CPU will get the ball in the basket and then they have the AND-1.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #1741
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Cesco, why don't you make your own thread and post your updated sliders in there? Just give the credit to this set and then you can update the first post with any edits/changes that you make along the way.

I've been digging for pages and can't find what the latest set is. Are you guys still editing the coaching profiles/settings as well?
Hello DJ, you can find the current coach profiles in the first page. The slider set is again the one in the first page. Sometimes I write what I do in my association and maybe help people who are experiencing my same "problems", but the slider set base is always the one you see in the first post.

I'm not going to start a new thread, first because I did minimal changes and second because this has become a sort of small community and I like writing here.

I'm 33 games into my association now and I did some interesting discoveries. The most important is that deep into association the FG% tend to go down (progressive fatigue? unhappy players?), so if at first teams shoot high FG% then 30 games later they start shooting average %s, balancing what happened in the first games. That's to say, stick with sliders posted by Greenie as far as shooting success is concerned. At first I lowered these sliders bacause % were really high, but with these changings I found myself and CPU shooting 39 and 40% after 30 games. So for now my advice is to stick with the original set and play deep into association to see real averages, don't be fooled by the first games.

I messed with other sliders, like awareness, and my god I had a pair of awful games. Awareness can be ok for some, but for example On Ball D at 50 created huge problems! The first thing you'll see is CPU players knocking down shoot after shoot with you in front of them. The CPU player doesn't "feel" your presence and he shoots like if he's wide open... ugly!! So again stick with the original set, that's real money. Touch some sliders and you'll see ugly thing like I did, eh eh. But on the other hand I learned quite a lot of things.

Things that for me need a bit of tweaking are steals, turnovers and fouls. I managed to get them almost correct. But again, if you want real steal numbers you'll have to live with low turnovers. When you get good steal numbers you have to go down with pass accuracy to get real T/O numbers, and this can get ugly. If you want the minimum amount of real turnovers (12-13 per game) you'll gave to live with high steal numbers.

Here's my stats. Last two games where ugly due to testing, but the average has not changed much. I'm 19-14 with ORL, Rashidi Rosters, no coach profiles posted here but the ones in the roster I use. I'll post my few changes in a few hours.

ORL - CPU

97.8 - PPG - 95,2
34 - FG - 38
74 - FGA - 81
46.0 - FG% - 46.0
9 - 3PTM - 6
23 - 3PTA - 16
38.0 - 3PT% - 37.4
20 - FTM - 14
29 - FTA - 18
68.5 - FT% - 76.4 (thanks D12...)
17.2 - AS - 21.8
13.5 - T/O - 12.4
12.3 - FOULS - 19.3
39.8 - REBS - 41.2
6.4 - OREBS - 6.4
8.4 - STEALS - 9.1
5.3 - BLOCKS - 3.3 (thanks D12!!!)
40.2 - PAINT - 40.7
24.3 - BENCH - 25.7
5.7 - 2ND CH - 6.4
4.2 - FAST BR - 7.8

I'm addressing FTA (= FOULS) and STEALS at the moment.

Now I see how important it is to play many games before coming to conlcusions. Some people shouldn't come here and say that sliders, or better stats, don't work if they don't have played at least 10/15 games. I'll post what I changed to address fouls and steals/turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #1742
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbacoventry
Cesco, could you post the sliders you are using now or the edits you have made to this slider set because i can't stop the CPU from scoring in the paint and everytime i get called a shooting foul on me most of the time the CPU will get the ball in the basket and then they have the AND-1.
I'll do that in a few hours. Eh eh, that's funny, I had the opposite problem so far. CPU not attacking the basket enough and low fouls called against me. If you see too many AND1 lower the contact shot success by one or two. That's why I always specify that I use Orlando. You change team and you can experience different things. And that's why I don't do my sliders, because I NEVER use different teams, and for a slider maker that's not a good start, eh eh ;-)

If you see too many contacts and fouls against you, you can lower the inside and driving contact slider and lower the HUM shooting foul slider.

Last edited by Cesco; 02-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #1743
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I love these sliders man!!!!! At first they were hard as hell, with me coming from Pro. Matter of fact, I only played on Pro with 2k10. Once I really learned how to play defense, everything opened up. On defense, I started shading the cpu offensive player toward my help defense. On offense I learned how to feed the post, and not to force passes. I still lose more than I win, but thats ok. The more you play this game like real basketball, the better you will get.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #1744
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is these setting work in PC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »