Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #1761
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Cesco, love your tweets mate, however I did not follow your shooting fouls, contact shot frequency or driving due to:

with the shooting fouls, granted upping them would be good for teams that don't drive much, otherwise you barely foul but with teams that do drive, do you find you fould INCREDIBLE amounts? coz I already go over the limit just about every qtr nearly every game so Im worried they would increase way much?
Hello Pabby. Can't wait for some stats from you. As I said before I'm having an hard time tweaking fouls. CPU will stay definitely at 61/62. The hard one is HUM fouls. I'm trying to find a good value that stays in the middle. I'm counting shooting fouls only every game and so far I'm "accepting" numbers between 8 (max 16 FTA) and 17 (max 34 FTA), since the NBA average is usually from 20 to 30 FTA. If numbers fall out of this range I'll touch the sliders. But it takes a lot of games with different teams. So your point is right, we must test more.

Quote:
with contact shot, both with the amount and driving, doesnt that mean EVERYTHING down low results in contact animations furthering and 1's and the fouls?
I tried this 100/100 to have a fixed point for testing purposes. I think I'll go back to Purist sliders values and do the foul test as explained. 100/100 in All Star is a pain and I'm having an hard time in the paint in my games. It's not a complete disaster to have them at 100/100, but it can become kind of annoying (100/100 is 2K setting for SIM).

Quote:
I followed everything else though and love it so far....just a bit tentative to try the other ones but of course ill test at a more sane time (it's midnight here :P)

once a new roster it up ill be back to posting games but ill do certain amounts of games stats like you did instead of every game.....
Glad to be of help. My suggestions are always a work in progress and don't mean to be a stand point for everyone. As association goes foward some things change. For example the fouls thing came out after 25 games. I keep all my stats in an Excel sheet and keep track of stats and averages changing through games. In the first 15 games averages for FTA were fine (but HUM fouls to the minimum limit) but then they started falling down, without changing Greenieblue sliders. Same happened for FG%. That's why I went back to the original set for shoot success. In the first games of a season everything is hyped but what seems right in the first games can go out fo range further down games.

Read my observations like a live Association/Sliders experience, eh eh.

Quote:
cheers mate

p.s Ill have to trust your shooting success story about how it slips in association since you suggested going back to Greenie's numbers coz i am definitely shooting much better than i was with the ones you had.....but i think 50 for mid range is too much might drop it to 49 but ill most likely get really stuck in to it all when new rosters are out and im back in to association
Your stats will help, thanks! Bye!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 PM   #1762
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yop Cesco ...

How much do I lower the sliders of offense for use another roster ? the FG% with the game & JFK (good good good job from them) seems too high.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #1763
MVP

OVR: 7

Hey guys, I havent been playing a ton lately since I been kinda busy. I have skimmed here and noticed cesco been making changes. Im still using green's last version, any 1 care to explain changes and why they were made?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #1764
Rookie

OVR: 1

First post of page 176.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #1765
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Wanted to give these sliders a try...

The Pistons only attempted 8 3pointers all game...they were 2/8 ...somethin's gotta give here. I don't understand why your coach tendencies are so low for teams, when the default is so much higher.
  • MLB The Show '20 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #1766
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
Wanted to give these sliders a try...

The Pistons only attempted 8 3pointers all game...they were 2/8 ...somethin's gotta give here. I don't understand why your coach tendencies are so low for teams, when the default is so much higher.
the tendencies are exactly as they are in real life. the numbers for those sliders come from a hoopdata website.....pistons don't shoot the 3 much in real life (correct me if I'm wrong) also, the default rosters have shot tendency at a ridiculous rate......it aint realistic at all

also, that's one game, you can't judge these sliders off one game mate
Old 02-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #1767
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

where can i see the changes? played 2 games using the game's rosters. damn, 30% FG is the average for both teams. played great D but sucked on offense very much. TURNOVERS ARE PATHETIC.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #1768
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just to be sure, these post-patch sliders are for all-star, not pro, correct?

I'm having a helluva time competing on all-star with these slider. Defense has been my biggest struggle. I'm am still relatively green though.

Appreciate all of the effort put into the sliders!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »