Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #1801
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Oh, I forgot... I don't have Purist coaching profiles but in my rosters there are different ones which make teams play differently. I see fouls changing from game to game, but my team ALWAYS commit less fouls and always under average if I leave the shooting foul slider equal on HUM and CPU.

And then this happened after more than 20 games, I mean my team committing less and less fouls, so I'm afraid it's not all coaching profiles sliders fault.

I'll think about it. Using coaching profiles is good for one season, then everything will be messed up when coaches change... mmmm... I'd like to be as standard as possible. If i were to start again an association I'd use 2K Rosters and dont' touch anything. Adding rosters and everything else will add more and more variables and if something strange happens you never know what to blame.

Last edited by Cesco; 03-01-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #1802
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is the problem to mix Sliders and Rosters.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #1803
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
This is the problem to mix Sliders and Rosters.
Yes, because IF coaching sliders really impact the game they DO change some aspect of it. If a team shoots only from distance it will get almost no fouls called. Coaching sliders are part of a roster set, so changing rosters changes the game.

But again... if coach sliders tell a team to shoot only long distance shots and some players in that team have the tendency to shoot only close and inside, what really happens? And AGAIN with tendency sliders we modify palyers tendencies (adding and cutting from their original values)!

Sometimes I think that this game has so many numbers and variables and half of them are useless :-)
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #1804
Pro

Cesco's Arena

...sorry if today I'm complaining all the time, eh eh... but take for example ATTACK THE BASKET and LOOK FOR POST, I think they are completely useless. We already have inside, close, mid and 3PT. We have touches + plays which decide who will shoot the ball. If the team need a shoot from inside and a play is called for Howard he will post and do what is called to do in his team. Same thing for Rose, he simply will attack the basket if a close shoot is needed... who knows, maybe I'm not getting the point of them all, eh eh :-)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #1805
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
These sliders are great. I have used them in my new association that is in yr2 with the Wizards. Tweaked offense down some: 3pt to 50, mid to 49, and then tweaked commit fouls and shooting foul freq.

Just lost 115-114 on the road against the Nets, great game.

Thanks for these sliders.
Lost another close one last night as the Wizards lead most the game, the Bucks came back w/ a big 4th qtr from Jennings, and John Wall could not tie the game up w/ a layup. He drew no contact because he burned by Jennings. It was a great game, and I loved it even though I lost 97-95.

I must say that I loooove the injury settings too.

It has really made things interesting as I lost Booker in the preseason for 2 weeks, Blatche went down on the 1st play of the game in game#1, and now Bibby is out for 2 weeks.

It really adds to the need for depth, and the injury settings paired w/ the stamina/fatigue really makes for a fun challenging game....unless you just expect to win all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #1806
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cesco, I follow what you're saying. Have you played with these sliders and the standard 2K updated rosters?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #1807
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer
Cesco, I follow what you're saying. Have you played with these sliders and the standard 2K updated rosters?
I did more, I started from scratch with default SIM settings and default 2K Rosters (25 Feb). Now that I know better what sliders do I'll try to tailor the game to my likings. Surprisingly only 2 or 3 stats fall off average when playing on default. Bumping has been reduced A LOT since the release of the game and even with on ball d at 70 it's almost non present.

The 40 games stat was my last report for now. We've proven that these sliders are money and that can be tweaked to everyone's likings.

I want to touch as less as possible sliders in this new "project" and let coach profiles and player tendencies do the rest. I enjoy tinkering with sliders as much as playing the game, so my need to start from scratch doesn't come from frustration but from curiosity. I don't know if I will start a thread or just tweak the game for myself, but for sure I'll be always around here both for answering/helping people and for learning from fellow OSers.

Keep up the good gaming people, this year 2K has gifted us with a hell of a game. I've not bought a single game since NBA2K11 came out :-)
Old 03-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #1808
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Didn't take a picture of this, because I ragequit the game some time in the 4th, but I just witnessed the AI shoot 78% in the 2nd quarter. It was Washington, against the Hawks. Seriously now. The Wizards going 78%. It didn't matter what I did, going to 3-2, then back to man, my defenders simply would not contest shots by the AI, and whenever I did they kept draining shots. Especially in the 4th, until I decided that the edge they got in the 2nd quarter was a complete waste of my time. Hell, I even lowered their shot sliders 1 or 2 points and nothing changed. Bull**** does not even begin to describe what I was saying to the TV as I was playing. That, and the refs must have called about three penalties on the Wizards...home court advantage huh....

I'm all for losing games, but there is a point to where you KNOW just playing, and not looking at any stats, that the AI is playing way too good. When the Spurs came back in the 4th to beat me I figured it was because they're such a veteran team (even though the clutch factor is off with these sliders...). When the Wizards shot 78% in one quarter and kept draining 15+ footers in the 4th, I called bull****. Please tell me I'm not the only one to play a game in which a team shot a number as ridiculous as 78%...especially with a bad team. I'll admit I screamed into a pillow as hard as I could after I stopped playing -_- To spend all that time on a game, and to feel so cheated I have to quit...that's frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »