Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #1817
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

has this gotten fairly easy to anyone else? i'd have to say these are definitely the best sliders, and at first i did lose some games. now i seem to blow out most crappy teams and win by ~8 or so against good ones. only lost two games out of about 20. i dont know if this has something to do with my team (2nd year into warriors) and i'm starting curry, jrich, granger, amare, and okur. with redd, murphy, house, and josh howard filling out most of my bench playing time. obviously this team shoots a lot of 3s, and hits. i think i take about 30-34 3s a game and amare almost doesn't miss from the paint. i play a very fast paced game and average about 120 points, take over 90 shots, and have gone above 100 several times. what can i do to make the defense better and not give me open looks from beyond the arc? i think if i had to call more plays to set up my shots i would use up more clock, resulting in less shots and less points. but i have no reason to call plays most of the time because the defense constantly gives me wide open 3s and i hit most of them.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #1818
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos10
has this gotten fairly easy to anyone else? i'd have to say these are definitely the best sliders, and at first i did lose some games. now i seem to blow out most crappy teams and win by ~8 or so against good ones. only lost two games out of about 20. i dont know if this has something to do with my team (2nd year into warriors) and i'm starting curry, jrich, granger, amare, and okur. with redd, murphy, house, and josh howard filling out most of my bench playing time. obviously this team shoots a lot of 3s, and hits. i think i take about 30-34 3s a game and amare almost doesn't miss from the paint. i play a very fast paced game and average about 120 points, take over 90 shots, and have gone above 100 several times. what can i do to make the defense better and not give me open looks from beyond the arc? i think if i had to call more plays to set up my shots i would use up more clock, resulting in less shots and less points. but i have no reason to call plays most of the time because the defense constantly gives me wide open 3s and i hit most of them.
it's definitely more of a challenge if you play a half court game. If you just run and gun it's definitely easier as the D can't catch you. If you want more pressure as to not be open so much, increase D awareness and even on ball defense for the CPU....that way they will know where your players are and run with them so you won't be open on the arc as much and on ball d speaks for itself......
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #1819
Rookie

OVR: 1

i'll have to give that a shot. i did raise the D awareness to 80 and i just destroyed the celtics who are one of the best defensive teams. i guess i'll have to increase it more and on ball defense.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #1820
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by self
One question:
are the sliders on the first page up to date or are there newer ones from the discussions here ?
Because I can't download them - playing on PC.
Anybody?

One more thing: In my current games with these sliders, my bigs get very few rebounds while SGs and SFs get way too much.

Oden, Camby and Aldridge should make a very good rebounding trio. But they average all only between 5 and 6.7 rebounds a game (11 games Asso). Smaller players get way too many.
I already decreased hustle and verticals to make the height adcantage of bigs more significant.
Any more tips on this ? thanks.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #1821
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Anybody?

One more thing: In my current games with these sliders, my bigs get very few rebounds while SGs and SFs get way too much.

Oden, Camby and Aldridge should make a very good rebounding trio. But they average all only between 5 and 6.7 rebounds a game (11 games Asso). Smaller players get way too many.
I already decreased hustle and verticals to make the height adcantage of bigs more significant.
Any more tips on this ? thanks.
The set on first page is up to date.

If you want your bigs to get the right amount of rebs you have to get back to 50/50 on def and off rebounds. This happened to me too, but it also happened (in a new association) that at 0/100 my bigs get the rebounds they should get. Can't really explain why, maybe some other slider has something to do with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #1822
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
The set on first page is up to date.

If you want your bigs to get the right amount of rebs you have to get back to 50/50 on def and off rebounds. This happened to me too, but it also happened (in a new association) that at 0/100 my bigs get the rebounds they should get. Can't really explain why, maybe some other slider has something to do with it.
I tried off reb 100 and def reb 50 and it worked good.I played only 1 game with these rebounding sliders but it seems pretty good...
Old 03-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #1823
Pro

Cesco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I tried off reb 100 and def reb 50 and it worked good.I played only 1 game with these rebounding sliders but it seems pretty good...
Yes, off rebs at 100 definitely helps. It doesn't solve the problem, because I kept stats for 40 games and the average is 6 or 7 OREBS per game.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #1824
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

And Cesco i wanted to ask you about your fixes on page 176,don't you think that pass accuracy at 41 for human and 38 for cpu is a little too low.I played with Grizzlies vs Lakers and both me and cpu had close to 20 turnovers.Maybe it's just one game but i didn't feel like this could be changed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »