Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #1833
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

in short, no it doesn't......players still shoot when they should/have to......even those that don't shoot much as it is
Old 03-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #1834
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am loving everything about these sliders but my low FG%. I miss layups and wide open shots. I average a dismal 25% or so even with good teams. Can someone offer some tips? Does timing still matter a lot using real life %'s? Any tips appreciated. Maybe a link to a helpful post?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #1835
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDaBreadman
Does timing still matter a lot using real life %'s?
this is a question i ask myself 4 a long time... logically it shouldnt, but my experience makes me believe it does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #1836
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

From using these sliders for about 5-6 games on All-Star, 10-minute quarters, I have noticed the following:

1. Fouls: Pretty good, except that the CPU seems to get a little too many in comparison to me. When the CPU is driving in the paint with a decent player, itís pretty much guaranteed cash, and if I go for the block/contest itís almost always a foul. Even if I take control of my PF/C. When I drive, however, I donít get too many calls, and itís usually blocked or stolen just before I can get to the hoop. Also, fouls are almost non-existent outside of the paint, unless itís a reach in (usually by my PG, haha).

2. Rebounds: Iím getting an ok amount but not as many as I would like. On 2K10, I would almost always go for at least 45 a game. Sometimes I would even get 55+. Now it seems I rarely crack 40. Also, the CPU is a monster on the offensive glass, which is one of the reasons why itís down for me. Iíve seen them grab THREE in a row with the same guy a few times, with 4 of my guys draped all over him, until they finally make the shot. Pretty frustrating. Also, it seems like a lot of my guys will just stand around when shots go up, unless I control them. And I have decent rebounders. My bigs are Ibaka, Miller, Blatche, Blair, Bonner, and a 7í4Ē dude I created.

3. Driving: The CPU seems to be able to drive at will if they have a decent guard, but I canít seem to drive very consistently at all. Jennings is my PG, btw. The CPU seems to have an impenetrable force field at times, and even if I do manage to get around the D or pump fake them out the person guarding me will either warp back to me, or their bigs will instantly be in perfect position to thwart the drive (see #1).

4. Passing: Not a slider issue, but still extremely frustrating nonetheless. Directional passing is SO inaccurate this year, itís not even funny. I donít know how many times I go to dish the ball out for an open 3, but end up somehow tossing the ball in the stands. Also, inbounds passing seems to screw up sometimes, too (primarily in the 2nd half, Iíve noticed). The inbounder will somehow toss the ball to the 9th row or directly to the other team even though my PG is standing right in front of them. Also, Iíve learned to NEVER press turbo when passing further than like 5 feet. It increases the chances of the above happening by a lot. Whatís even more frustrating is the CPU doesnít have near as much trouble. They can pass cross-court no problem. Iíve even seen the dreaded ball warp a few times, straight through my playerís hands and into theirs.

5. Fast breaks: I never get them. And when I say never, I mean I usually have about 2-6 fast break points at the end of the game on average, 8 if Iím lucky. Is this caused by the Crash Boards coach slider? Because I have mine up, but I also have my Fast Break coach slider up as well. This is one of the things that the old Live games did very well. Fast breaks were great on those, but they seem nonexistent on here. First of all, itís hard enough to pass in this game as it is, let alone with a big after a rebound to a streaking guard. The pass either sails or is picked. If I do manage to get the ball up court, the defense will either strip me, block me, or just get back so fast that I donít even have a chance to get to the hoop due to the instant force field (see #3). The CPU doesnít seem to have this problem, as they can run them fairly effortlessly, no matter where I am on the court or how many people I have back. Itís either a foul or a bucket. Or both.

6. Free throws: The CPU almost never misses them, but I guess I canít complain here because I donít really miss mine either (got my playersís releases down).

7. CPU Shooting: The CPU seems to make too many contested shots. On 2K10, I had the sliders PERFECT for All-Star. If the CPU threw up a bad/well-contested shot, unless it was Kobe or Ray or something, 9/10 times it was not going in. But it was alright because it was the same for you, as well, and it also led to realistic rebound numbers, realistic FG percentages, and fast breaks (which seem non-existent in this game, at least for me). It also forced you (and the CPU) to pick your shots. Maybe I just suck at D in this game, but the CPU just doesnít seem to miss as often as they should be. Would playing a zone help this? I really donít know what to do about this one.

8. Steals: Finally, the #1 most frustrating thing about this game. There are just way too many turnovers. The CPU seriously picks everything. I mean, directional passing is difficult enough, but the fact the CPU players seem have eyes in the back of their heads makes it a whole lot worse. It doesnít matter if itís Rondo or Scalabrine, they all react the same way. It doesnít make sense. This does not happen in the NBA. I really donít know what to do about this one. And yes, I am ďsmart with my passesĒ, but I know a pass that should be completed when I see one. I see like 10-12 per game, just for me (the CPU is bad at it too, but not as bad). If itís not a bad pass itís a strip by a slow CPU big on my PG (Jennings), which rarely happens in the NBA. Also, alley-oops are pretty much a no-no for me, as they always seem to get stuffed/picked. I may get one a game if Iím lucky. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thatís about it for me (sorry about the long post). I havenít read this entire thread (although I have read a lot) and I do appreciate the slider set, but if you or someone could give me some feedback/tips on each of these points that would be IMMENSELY appreciated. I really donít want to go down to Pro because although these things donít happen too often, itís a cakewalk. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #1837
Rookie

the turnovers are due to the high hands and steal success, if you use cesco's changes on page 175 you should be happier with that. but he decreased the pass accuracy to make up for it and passes get out of hand so be wary.

getting blocked inside is my biggest gripe which im yet to fix......other than that im all good with these
Old 03-19-2011, 04:02 AM   #1838
Rookie

OVR: 0

is this working on hall of fame
Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #1839
Rookie

ok i know i'm late, but are the actual settings on page nį1??????or where???
i just want to try these cause i've read in steed lee roster thread that are really good!!!
thanx
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #1840
Pro

Does having the Offensive playcalling on Auto or Manual benefit the game in anyway? Or is it solely based on player preference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »