Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #249
Pro
 
Cesco's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Parma, Italy
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

I haven't had much time to play lately but I read the forum now and then. I've read many people stats published in the forum and I've seen high steal numbers (I mean more than 10). If I'm not wrong last year average was between 6 and 8 per game. What averages are you experiencing in your franchise?
Cesco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:36 AM   #250
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
I haven't had much time to play lately but I read the forum now and then. I've read many people stats published in the forum and I've seen high steal numbers (I mean more than 10). If I'm not wrong last year average was between 6 and 8 per game. What averages are you experiencing in your franchise?

I've seen about the same. But, it's a complete and utter compromise on my part. Steal #'s high = to's high. And somehow or another, I've seemed to be able to get it spread out fairly evenly amongst the players. So when you look at the box score, TO's almost seem right. And when you think about how TO's function in the NBA-- one team loses the chance to score by making a mistake, and gives the other team a chance to score-- I think it effects the results as it should. I'm not quite sold on the exact #s, so (hands, steals, stealing success) might be able to be clicked down one or two. Don't get me wrong, most of the steals are bad passes made and not on-ball. So the user does have some level of control. Although it would be pretty hard to stay under 10.

The obvious negative here is that steal stats in the game are inflated, so you basically just have to ignore them. And while it may seem like just a displacement, it's actually not because with TO's low the ball does not change hands as much as it does in the NBA, but with steals high it does. Thus the outcome of the game is effected more realistically, imo.

WB! Lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #251
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

I upped your current sliders on 2kshare for a lazy friend of mine who didnt want to edit his slieders himself but i wanted him to try them. I didnt change a thing so according to your ot i was allowed to use your name right? hope thats all right.

and thanks again, first time i kept playing the game a week without any sign of boredom.
rushfrog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #252
Pro
 
Cesco's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Parma, Italy
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
I've seen about the same. But, it's a complete and utter compromise on my part. Steal #'s high = to's high. And somehow or another, I've seemed to be able to get it spread out fairly evenly amongst the players. So when you look at the box score, TO's almost seem right. And when you think about how TO's function in the NBA-- one team loses the chance to score by making a mistake, and gives the other team a chance to score-- I think it effects the results as it should. I'm not quite sold on the exact #s, so (hands, steals, stealing success) might be able to be clicked down one or two. Don't get me wrong, most of the steals are bad passes made and not on-ball. So the user does have some level of control. Although it would be pretty hard to stay under 10.

The obvious negative here is that steal stats in the game are inflated, so you basically just have to ignore them. And while it may seem like just a displacement, it's actually not because with TO's low the ball does not change hands as much as it does in the NBA, but with steals high it does. Thus the outcome of the game is effected more realistically, imo.

WB! Lol.
Ok thanks! I've played only one game so far. My observation comes from reading other people stats. But I see what you mean and it makes perfectly sense :-)
Cesco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #253
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushfrog
I upped your current sliders on 2kshare for a lazy friend of mine who didnt want to edit his slieders himself but i wanted him to try them. I didnt change a thing so according to your ot i was allowed to use your name right? hope thats all right.

and thanks again, first time i kept playing the game a week without any sign of boredom.
Of course, man.

The only reason I really posted that was so that when people came to discuss it, I would know they were actually using the sliders on page 1. But at this point, I don't even care.

Screw it, I'll go erase that right now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #254
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Ok thanks! I've played only one game so far. My observation comes from reading other people stats. But I see what you mean and it makes perfectly sense :-)

No prob, Ces!

If you want to lessen it, start with the hands slider and go down. That should pretty much do it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #255
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

v 1.4: page 1.

updated 12/13.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #256
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Two Thumbs up with these slider. Good job
Anmino is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Top -