Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #281
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebo
Loving your sliders been playing with them since your post patch update. I tinker here and there with a few things. I get fouled way to easy goin to the hole. I almost can get to the line every play. I lower shooting foul for CPU to 64 and keep user 66( I think, not home now but I will let you know). I also move pass acc back to 43 for CPU because my steals are only 1 off from their turnovers every game. This helps that out alot. I lower user block to 50 or so, and steal for both to about 55.I also move user 3pt to 52 as I was near 45-50%.

Thats all I can think of off hand, when I'm home I'll give you much more feedback and stats. By the way I use the Knicks and I run my own plays about 15% and the other run and gun, but I'm getting really good results with your sliders Even team overall scoring for the game is down to around 98-110, which is much better then dropping 125 every game.

Quick question. Would I lower CPU shooting foul or user if I want the CPU to foul me less frequently. Again thank you for all your work. I'll give you more feedback soon pal.

Thank you, Geebo. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

It looks like you've made some nice changes there. Personally, I am philosophically opposed to different settings for HUM/CPU-- because I feel like I'm stacking the deck-- but the ones you have made make a lot of sense to me.

If you wanted to be fouled less by the CPU you would lower HUM shooting fouls.

I look forward to your stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #282
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo14812
Hello, i began an association with Boston, My first match is miami heat.
just to say that mode pro is too easy for the tip off, and at the end of the game Wade missed all the three throws so i could win easily.

Nevertheirless, i remake the match because i lost the 2 first times because it was to difficult, but the third twice i was very easy to win the game.
With your sliders, stats were very good, three throw were interressant without the help.
The black point is the lost ball.

I used to play on superstar (sliders defaut) with NBA 2k9 and it was horrible at the beginning but after a long time i success to win with good stats, it was very difficult to get this.
NBA 2k10 was too different and i didn't take the time to really play with NBA 2k10, even if i won few game on superstar.
I prefered NBA 2k9. And i'm happy, NBA 2k11 reminds me NBA 2k9 so it's perfect, with all nba 2k9 defaults in less.

I tried to win a game on NBA 2k11 with superstar and sliders on defaut. Boston vs NY. I won with 2 in-game save, Stoudemire was not in the game because he got an injured in the 1st quarter so it was a little bit more easy.
However, NY was very hard to beat

If i understood you, you are begining to find sliders for mode pro and after you want to find sliders with mode superstar?
Because it's more interesting to play on superstar.
I add three point shoot are too easy with Ray Ray and at the end of a quarter or at the end of the match, distance shoot are too easy thanks to clutch factor at 0.

A lot of people do find Pro mode to be too easy, but my philosophy is to try to remain on the lowest competitive level and attempt to raise the CPU's play through sliders. I feel like I have done that on Pro, but it absolutely won't be challenging for everyone. Maybe your skills, your style of play, your team, etc. are not a good fit for Pro.

Last year I played All-Star, but I don't think I ever gave Pro the opportunity to impress me. This year, I was impressed with Pro from the start. So, I've never moved and probably never will. I really don't need to-- I find Pro challenging, realistic, fun, smart, etc.

Have you tried Jesus's Superstar Sliders? I really have no plans of ever making superstar sliders and probably not even all-star sliders. I'm sorry that Pro is not working out for you.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #283
MVP

[quote=t_SKY;2041937337]Some of my stats (latest version)

adjusted pass accuracy +2

i played hard nose defense against the rockets.

BTW, lol at my turnover. careless pass and the unexpected error. (wrong person pass

Your stats look really good, T.

Occasionally, I also have some incredibly high turnover games. Especially, when I try to uncage my half-court offense. I'm better off walking it up and making smart passes. I still avg in the mid-teens, though.

The only thing about upping PA, is that there will be a steep drop-off in CPU turnovers. 7 is not unrealistic, though, unless it becomes all of your opponents avg. Keep an eye on it.

Do you adjust your defensive settings before each game?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #284
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Put it the first page

Done.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #285
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell
love the work all you guys are putting into these sliders! i know i greatly appreciate it! will you ever have a FINAL slider set? i would like to begin my associate, but don't want to keep adjusting the sliders. i am tempted to use the current sliders on page 1, but am fighting the urge in hopes of the "FINAL" slider set coming! ha! again, thanks for the work you're putting in!

Thanks, Cowbell.

I do imagine that a Final set will emerge at some point. But, I am polishing off the set the proper way. That is, by playing games.

I wouldn't wait to start your Assoc, because "Final" will be 20 clicks max difference. And I can't even guarantee that there will be a "Final" or when it will emerge-- probably not soon.

So go ahead and dive in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #286
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Just did a QT with the last update, there's not too much fouls ??!!

35-37 at the end of the first and 18 fouls

8 for The Spurs (cpu) - 6 for Bulls (me)

and a really good % for the two teams at ext shot (but it was only the first qt)

Yup.

I'm thinking 64-65 for shooting fouls.

Shooting % was a fluke, as I'm sure you've already seen.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
hey mate, living these sliders!

Only thing that is a bit iffy to me is that fact that I think passing lanes are too high. It's way too easy for me and cpu you just magically step infront of a pass and pick it off......even if it is a safe secure pass!

Also, every second time I attempt to steal with say, Rondo, (on ball steal im talking) he takes it away with ease. Maybe steal too high?

I also saw on A&S's sliders that someone tried o awareness at 73-75 and D awareness at 100. It made for more challenging games.

anyway, ill keep following the progress, thanks man

Thanks, Pabby!

I think the problem you are describing (passing lanes) is actually related to Hands. Decrease the hands slider if you would like to decrease the likelihood of this happening. The other problem you describe is related to the Steal Success & Stealing sliders. If you decrease these, you will not be able to swipe the ball with such ease.

The reason why I have them set the way I do is because NBA 2K11 does not consistently produce realistic turnover numbers. Specifically, it produces a minimal amount of non-steal turnovers. I've attempted to band-aid this by producing more steal turnovers, so that teams can average 14 turnovers a game as they do in the NBA. The only other way to deal with this is by reducing the Pass Acc slider. But, personally, I can not play the game with it under 44, because the number of woefully, unexplainably inaccurate passes @ <44 ruins the game.

I think in A&S's thread someone is talking about increasing OFF AWR to 100, not DEF AWR. I do have OFF AWR @ 74-75 (can't remember the exact number), but I find that anything above 75 results in higher scoring games. I don't really want that, because some teams in the NBA still average in the 90's on points. For me, the cap to DEF AWR is 68. Anything above that results in CPU defenders that never make mistakes. In such a case, I think you would have to sacrifice suspension of disbelief for statistical accuracy. That has never been my goal.

I'm glad you are enjoying them.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #288
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbro
i did a quarter last night and had 9 fouls a piece (after lowering commit foul slider to 88 at 6:00 mark)

and most were shooting fouls, pretty much everytime i drove (i only drive if it's on) I would get fouled

i was portland and playing phoenix

think I may try slider at 81 ish

I don't think you need to address it this way, Bass. Because (fingers crossed) the commit foul slider @ 100 may help with producing non-shooting fouls, which are unfortunately very low in the game no matter what you do.

You would need to just lower the shooting foul sliders, instead.

I anticipated that lowering the Inside & Driving Contact sliders would also lower the likelihood of being fouled inside while shooting. It now seems like I was wrong.

I recommend shooting fouls on 64-65.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »