Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #305
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

hey man, what are the changes if the defensive awareness and offensive awareness is at a high number, like 80?? what if it's at 30?? then 50??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #306
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

These are pretty impressive. My only concern so far is the CPU jacking 3's like crazy.

Derrick Rose has taken 27 three's in two games against me. Turkoglu (Chi traded for him) and Deng bomb away too though I know part of it is Chicago's playbook for those two guys. But Rose never jacked like that against me before.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #307
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragMaster
hey man, what are the changes if the defensive awareness and offensive awareness is at a high number, like 80?? what if it's at 30?? then 50??
I have found with DEF AWR at >68 the CPU defenders never make mistakes. They basically mirror the HUM player's on-ball and off-ball movement exactly. Do you know how in Madden the DB's in man coverage look less like they are watching the WR and more like they are invisibly chained to the WR? That's what it looks like to me. Personally, I would never recommend exceeding 68.

OFF AWR seems to make the CPU a little more aware of defenders, teammates, etc. But I think it can also reach a certain number where the CPU will look inhuman and rarely make mistakes. It's harder to determine what that number is (it may also be 68) since on offense you are not tied to a player, but a scheme. I have mine at 75, which gives you some of the CPU offensive intelligence of levels above Pro without the *alleged* impropriety. I want the CPU to play like a good, smart human with a simulation bent. I think I've achieved that @ 75. No need to move higher, or you invite shadiness.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-15-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #308
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
These are pretty impressive. My only concern so far is the CPU jacking 3's like crazy.

Derrick Rose has taken 27 three's in two games against me. Turkoglu (Chi traded for him) and Deng bomb away too though I know part of it is Chicago's playbook for those two guys. But Rose never jacked like that against me before.
Thanks, man.

That's strange, ehh. Because 3pt FGA are the number that keeps coming in perfect for me and most others. Are you sure it's not a fluke? Are you using the default rosters?

I have never played Chicago, but D Rose is still in my league and he's usually taking what's available, leaning toward the drive. Deng and Turkoglu are long gone, though.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #309
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

@ Greenie.

Yeah, I'm sagging off him like crazy with Nash because Rose goes by him with ease every time I get remotely close. Just seems like he's settling a little too much for the 3, though it's probably not a problem with the sliders but the game itself.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #310
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
@ Greenie.

Yeah, I'm sagging off him like crazy with Nash because Rose goes by him with ease every time I get remotely close. Just seems like he's settling a little too much for the 3, though it's probably not a problem with the sliders but the game itself.

Next time I play NO, I'll pay attention to D Rose. He's probably begging you to Play Tight, so he can do what he really wants to do, which is get to the hoop & throw up that floater. Lol.

I think the game definitely leans heavily toward the jumper (probably in the player tendencies and coach profiles). I tried to combat that by upping Ballhandling, Off Awr, Inside Shot Tendency, Attack the Basket and keeping On-Ball D, Strength, Def Awr, 3pt Tendency, Mid Tendency and Close Tendency reasonable. But it's always a delicate balance between having the CPU choose the right shot and having them pass on good enough shots.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #311
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
I have found with DEF AWR at >68 the CPU defenders never make mistakes. They basically mirror the HUM player's on-ball and off-ball movement exactly. Do you know how in Madden the DB's in man coverage look less like they are watching the WR and more like they are invisibly chained to the WR? That's what it looks like to me. Personally, I would never recommend exceeding 68.

OFF AWR seems to make the CPU a little more aware of defenders, teammates, etc. But I think it can also reach a certain number where the CPU will look inhuman and rarely make mistakes. It's harder to determine what that number is (it may also be 68) since on offense you are not tied to a player, but a scheme. I have mine at 75, which gives you some of the CPU offensive intelligence of levels above Pro without the *alleged* impropriety. I want the CPU to play like a good, smart human with a simulation bent. I think I've achieved that @ 75. No need to move higher, or you invite shadiness.

is this for CPU?? or both??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #312
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey love the sliders greenie just having a few problems...i dont know why but the cpu is jacking up 3's like crazy...how can i stop that..in 5 different games the cpu is avg about 25 3s a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »