Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #305
Banned
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

hey man, what are the changes if the defensive awareness and offensive awareness is at a high number, like 80?? what if it's at 30?? then 50??
FragMaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #306
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,062
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

These are pretty impressive. My only concern so far is the CPU jacking 3's like crazy.

Derrick Rose has taken 27 three's in two games against me. Turkoglu (Chi traded for him) and Deng bomb away too though I know part of it is Chicago's playbook for those two guys. But Rose never jacked like that against me before.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #307
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragMaster
hey man, what are the changes if the defensive awareness and offensive awareness is at a high number, like 80?? what if it's at 30?? then 50??
I have found with DEF AWR at >68 the CPU defenders never make mistakes. They basically mirror the HUM player's on-ball and off-ball movement exactly. Do you know how in Madden the DB's in man coverage look less like they are watching the WR and more like they are invisibly chained to the WR? That's what it looks like to me. Personally, I would never recommend exceeding 68.

OFF AWR seems to make the CPU a little more aware of defenders, teammates, etc. But I think it can also reach a certain number where the CPU will look inhuman and rarely make mistakes. It's harder to determine what that number is (it may also be 68) since on offense you are not tied to a player, but a scheme. I have mine at 75, which gives you some of the CPU offensive intelligence of levels above Pro without the *alleged* impropriety. I want the CPU to play like a good, smart human with a simulation bent. I think I've achieved that @ 75. No need to move higher, or you invite shadiness.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-15-2010 at 02:58 PM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #308
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
These are pretty impressive. My only concern so far is the CPU jacking 3's like crazy.

Derrick Rose has taken 27 three's in two games against me. Turkoglu (Chi traded for him) and Deng bomb away too though I know part of it is Chicago's playbook for those two guys. But Rose never jacked like that against me before.
Thanks, man.

That's strange, ehh. Because 3pt FGA are the number that keeps coming in perfect for me and most others. Are you sure it's not a fluke? Are you using the default rosters?

I have never played Chicago, but D Rose is still in my league and he's usually taking what's available, leaning toward the drive. Deng and Turkoglu are long gone, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #309
ehh
Hall Of Fame
 
ehh's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 29,062
Blog Entries: 9
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

@ Greenie.

Yeah, I'm sagging off him like crazy with Nash because Rose goes by him with ease every time I get remotely close. Just seems like he's settling a little too much for the 3, though it's probably not a problem with the sliders but the game itself.
__________________
"You make your name in the regular season, and your fame in the postseason." - Clyde Frazier

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
ehh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #310
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
@ Greenie.

Yeah, I'm sagging off him like crazy with Nash because Rose goes by him with ease every time I get remotely close. Just seems like he's settling a little too much for the 3, though it's probably not a problem with the sliders but the game itself.

Next time I play NO, I'll pay attention to D Rose. He's probably begging you to Play Tight, so he can do what he really wants to do, which is get to the hoop & throw up that floater. Lol.

I think the game definitely leans heavily toward the jumper (probably in the player tendencies and coach profiles). I tried to combat that by upping Ballhandling, Off Awr, Inside Shot Tendency, Attack the Basket and keeping On-Ball D, Strength, Def Awr, 3pt Tendency, Mid Tendency and Close Tendency reasonable. But it's always a delicate balance between having the CPU choose the right shot and having them pass on good enough shots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #311
Banned
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
I have found with DEF AWR at >68 the CPU defenders never make mistakes. They basically mirror the HUM player's on-ball and off-ball movement exactly. Do you know how in Madden the DB's in man coverage look less like they are watching the WR and more like they are invisibly chained to the WR? That's what it looks like to me. Personally, I would never recommend exceeding 68.

OFF AWR seems to make the CPU a little more aware of defenders, teammates, etc. But I think it can also reach a certain number where the CPU will look inhuman and rarely make mistakes. It's harder to determine what that number is (it may also be 68) since on offense you are not tied to a player, but a scheme. I have mine at 75, which gives you some of the CPU offensive intelligence of levels above Pro without the *alleged* impropriety. I want the CPU to play like a good, smart human with a simulation bent. I think I've achieved that @ 75. No need to move higher, or you invite shadiness.

is this for CPU?? or both??
FragMaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #312
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

hey love the sliders greenie just having a few problems...i dont know why but the cpu is jacking up 3's like crazy...how can i stop that..in 5 different games the cpu is avg about 25 3s a game
bulls1221 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Top -