Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie2661
Just got done with my first game with these. Pretty good so far. I adjusted the Pass acc slider up a few notches(user only) because bad passes were insane.

I was the Knicks.

GSW:105 (37/102, 36% FG) (8/27 3's) Wide open shots being missed by both teams.
NYK: 94 (31/86, 36% FG) (4/15 3's)

Not sure why FG% was so low all game. 1Q was 24%/35%

Fouls
GSW: 23 (23/33, 69% FT)
NYK: 20 (28/37, 75% FT)

Pace seemed good. I had 14 blocks though. They had 13 steals.
I'll play another couple games with these as you wrote them. I'll let you know. Thanks for putting in all the hard work. I appreciate it. I loved your original set. Play on, Playa!
No doubt.

14 blocks!! Lol. Yeah, I knew this might be an issue, because I never attempt them. The idea is to make the paint tougher and am trying to counterbalance with proper foul setting.

The steals are on purpose, because of the lack of non-steal turnovers and the NBA average being 14 TO's. It's a compromise, unfortunately.

I think the FG% issue is a fluke.

Cool, man. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks for using them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thx for your work again Greenieblue, I will play this afternoon but the feedback make me ....raaaaaah

I maybe take them on the Xboxlive with exact details if you're okay (if someone don't do it before me)
Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 AM   #27
Rookie

t_SKY's Arena

OVR: 5

Nuggets (me) vs Hawks

Final Score:
Nuggets- 112
Hawks- 124

too high, right?

Hawks:

FG 39/88
FG% 44%
3PTS 6/14
FT's 45/52
Assists 26
TO 16
Total Rebounds 48
Blocks 7

Nuggets stats:
FG 39/85
FG% 45%
3PTS 6/15
FT's 30/42
Assists 16
TO 22
Total Rebounds 43 (Off= 4)
Steals 12
Block 6

TEAM FOULS= 26+29

Players of the game

J. Johnson- 23pts, 4reb, 6asst
C. Billups- 26pts, 7 asst, 2stl

Melo struggling

Im getting frustrated about the contested shots. i mean, it's strongly contested but the basket sinks in.(patch) i adjusted the injury and pass accuracy.

3 players fouled out for each team.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #28
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

First of all great job again Greenie and thanks for putting my name on the OP.

I've not yet used your new set and don't know if today I'll have time (it's an holiday day here in Italy and I have friends coming here), but I have tested the earlier set you sent me for 10 games, registering stats. I've read what changes you made in your final set and most notably I see completely different tendencies, but I'm sure this will be good.

For all the people here testing their first games, please be patient and play more games.

Injuries: at 51 a lot of injuries will happen in the first games but they eventually even out for the whole association, giving you the right amount of injuries in all teams. 50 is too low. Just look at the Injuries page during association, the list is only one page long for the whole NBA. At 51 the list will be of 2 or more pages. This adds more variables to the game and Association.

Pass accuracy: you have to be more patient and careful with passes. Just think that I've played 10 games with pass accuracy at 40 and my numbers are spot on. My steal sliders (Steal Success, Stealing, Hands) are a bit lower than the ones on the final set, maybe I'll look at them again with Greenie. Inbound passes are an issue, but try this: stay FAR from the inbounder, probabilities to catch the ball are higher, believe me. The closer you stay (and the closer to a defender) the more you'll miss the ball.

Again and again... play 10 games and do averages. This is the only way to see if sliders are correct. I'm one of those who used to mess with sliders every second... wrong!!

Here are some of my stats through 10 games with the set I'm using (very close to final set):

ME (ORL) - CPU

92,1 - PPG - 93,0
73,6 - FGA - 83,0
44,9 - FG% - 41,1
17,8 - 3PTA - 14,0
33,9 - 3PT% - 35,8
26,6 - FTA - 24,9
71,2 - FT% - 78,4 (ORL is bad, last in NBA, FT Diff. at 50)
17,8 - AS - 18,3
16,8 - T/O - 11,1 (maybe here with last set CPU will commit more)
15,3 - FOULS - 17,1
44,1 - REBS - 43,3
6,3 - OREBS - 7,8 (low, nothing more we can do)
6,3 - STEALS - 10,0 (too high CPU, my bad, in one game i did 26 T/O! that ruined my avg, 8 would be a more realistic number)
5,1 - BLOCKS - 2,9 (remember I'm using Orlando, my bigs aren't easily blocked)
39,8 - PAINT - 30,7
20,8 - BENCH - 27,3
6,1 - 2ND CH - 6,8 (blame O-REBS)
3,6 - FAST BR - 4,6 (tied to playstyle)

Aren't these great numbers? To me they look good.

Greenie, do you want your previous set back, eh eh? Just joking, but I printed it ;-) I'll test the new ones ASAP.

And guys, the camera settings changed my whole NBA 2K11 experience. Never thanked Greenie for this and can't go back to default. At first camera seems too far, but as you play you realize how good this camera settings are.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Cesco; 12-08-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #29
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Another note. I play with different speed settings. I slow down the game because I feel I'm in control of every bit of it (and I can observe more the CPU). I play with 45 GS and 47 PS. For 95% of people here these settings would be very slow, be warned if you want to give them a try. I feel I can do less errors too, especially with passes.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:35 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can we play with timing shot ? lot of people don't like the FG% ...

What Sliders change for keep good stats ?

Sorry for insist about this point
Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
Nuggets (me) vs Hawks

Final Score:
Nuggets- 112
Hawks- 124

too high, right?

Hawks:

FG 39/88
FG% 44%
3PTS 6/14
FT's 45/52
Assists 26
TO 16
Total Rebounds 48
Blocks 7

Nuggets stats:
FG 39/85
FG% 45%
3PTS 6/15
FT's 30/42
Assists 16
TO 22
Total Rebounds 43 (Off= 4)
Steals 12
Block 6

TEAM FOULS= 26+29

Players of the game

J. Johnson- 23pts, 4reb, 6asst
C. Billups- 26pts, 7 asst, 2stl

Melo struggling

Im getting frustrated about the contested shots. i mean, it's strongly contested but the basket sinks in.(patch) i adjusted the injury and pass accuracy.

3 players fouled out for each team.
The FTA's are crazy! But it does happen, and explains the score. The score is not too high at all. When you figure me and Prof scored in the 80's and you scored 100+ twice, to me it demonstrates the strength of the set. The NBA avg last year was 100 pts a game.

Most shots in the NBA are contested, and teams shoot 46% on avg. Guys are hitting contested shots all game. I'm able to free guys up for open looks all the time. I don't think it's a problem.

The injury slider is 51 because in 100+ games with it @ 50, I never had an injury. I agree that it seems to function strangely. But, I think it's a give and take.

Other than that, I think your stats look quite good. You got beat by a team who got to the foul line more than you, outrebounded you and turned the ball over less.

That said, aberrations noted. I need to get some games in myself.

Thanks! Here's hoping you stick with the set.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
First of all great job again Greenie and thanks for putting my name on the OP.

I've not yet used your new set and don't know if today I'll have time (it's an holiday day here in Italy and I have friends coming here), but I have tested the earlier set you sent me for 10 games, registering stats. I've read what changes you made in your final set and most notably I see completely different tendencies, but I'm sure this will be good.

For all the people here testing their first games, please be patient and play more games.

Injuries: at 51 a lot of injuries will happen in the first games but they eventually even out for the whole association, giving you the right amount of injuries in all teams. 50 is too low. Just look at the Injuries page during association, the list is only one page long for the whole NBA. At 51 the list will be of 2 or more pages. This adds more variables to the game and Association.

Pass accuracy: you have to be more patient and careful with passes. Just think that I've played 10 games with pass accuracy at 40 and my numbers are spot on. My steal sliders (Steal Success, Stealing, Hands) are a bit lower than the ones on the final set, maybe I'll look at them again with Greenie. Inbound passes are an issue, but try this: stay FAR from the inbounder, probabilities to catch the ball are higher, believe me. The closer you stay (and the closer to a defender) the more you'll miss the ball.

Again and again... play 10 games and do averages. This is the only way to see if sliders are correct. I'm one of those who used to mess with sliders every second... wrong!!

Here are some of my stats through 10 games with the set I'm using (very close to final set):

ME (ORL) - CPU

92,1 - PPG - 93,0
73,6 - FGA - 83,0
44,9 - FG% - 41,1
17,8 - 3PTA - 14,0
33,9 - 3PT% - 35,8
26,6 - FTA - 24,9
71,2 - FT% - 78,4 (ORL is bad, last in NBA, FT Diff. at 50)
17,8 - AS - 18,3
16,8 - T/O - 11,1 (maybe here with last set CPU will commit more)
15,3 - FOULS - 17,1
44,1 - REBS - 43,3
6,3 - OREBS - 7,8 (low, nothing more we can do)
6,3 - STEALS - 10,0 (too high CPU, my bad, in one game i did 26 T/O! that ruined my avg, 8 would be a more realistic number)
5,1 - BLOCKS - 2,9 (remember I'm using Orlando, my bigs aren't easily blocked)
39,8 - PAINT - 30,7
20,8 - BENCH - 27,3
6,1 - 2ND CH - 6,8 (blame O-REBS)
3,6 - FAST BR - 4,6 (tied to playstyle)

Aren't these great numbers? To me they look good.

Greenie, do you want your previous set back, eh eh? Just joking, but I printed it ;-) I'll test the new ones ASAP.

And guys, the camera settings changed my whole NBA 2K11 experience. Never thanked Greenie for this and can't go back to default. At first camera seems too far, but as you play you realize how good this camera settings are.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Cesco. Brilliant post, as always. Please people, follow his advice.

I hope you might find that I pulled some magic off in the last minute, Cesco. Wait until you play.

Happy holiday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »