Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #353
Rookie
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Greenie, I'm looking to start a new chise' with Rashidi's rosters, I really loved these with Hoosiersdaddies rosters. Do you think these will work well with Rashidi's as well? Should I try PuntNL made specifically for Rashidi? I really rather use these if they still play well with Rashidi's. Sorry just really enjoyed these sliders and hope they work well with Rashidi's rosters too. Thanks again
__________________
Essential Rosters for 2K11
1st Round Draft Pick Trades for 2K11

New York Knicks

New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Italia Azzuri National Team


Last edited by Geebo; 12-16-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Geebo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #354
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebo
Greenie, I'm looking to start a new chise' with Rashidi's rosters, I really loved these with Hoosiersdaddies rosters. Do you think these will work well with Rashidi's as well? Should I try PuntNL made specifically for Rashidi? I really rather use these if they still play well with Rashidi's. Sorry just really enjoyed these sliders and hope they work well with Rashidi's rosters too. Thanks again

Either option will be fine. I know Punt worked really hard on his sliders, so you really can't go wrong.

I have never used Rashidi's rosters, and these were not tuned on them, specifically. But, at the same time, I really didn't care what the player's tendencies, ratings, coach profiles, etc. were when I tuned the sliders. In actuality, they were tuned on a league that was at least 75% fictional players.

I think, on Pro w/ RFG%, they are pretty much universal.

But, yeah, you can't lose. Both sliders sets are very good. Maybe give them both a shot and see which one fits your game better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #355
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Greenie,

Just wanted to thank you as these are working really well for me! I started a new association with the Pistons (man, they're a mess) using v1.4. First game against the Nets went 86-84 to the Nets. I simulated the next few and then played the Clippers and won 97-73. Sorry, no stats for you but if you've moved on to 1.5+ then they probably wouldn't be all that useful anyway.

I am curious as to what you have been seeing over the long haul with clutch on that made you change? I think I'm a fan of it on, only because I feel like guys go on hot/cold streaks more frequently and for longer than with it off. Seems to just "feel better", whatever that means

For example, in my first game Ben Gordon was lights out for 2nd quarter (17 pts, 3-3 from 3) and I was up by 15 at half. 2nd half the nets slowly chipped away and finally took the lead with 2 minutes to play in the game. Gordon went ice cold in the 2nd half, and finished with 24 pts, missing the game winner.

In my game against the clippers, I was able to jump out to another early lead, finishing the half up by 8, ended the third up by 10 and then blew the doors off in the 4th. Gordon and Charlie V traded off carrying the load and neither really cooled off the entire game.

Anyway, not sure I'm seeing anything "disturbing" with clutch, though it has only been 2 games. Knowing your thoroughness in testing I thought maybe you have seen something that is problematic over the long haul? Or is it just a personal preference?

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
ProfAk47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #356
Rookie
 
xxDHAINESxx's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

sorry i havent posted lately, just had to hand write a 5 page essay for school

anyways, i just finished a game, thunder(me) vs celtics, i won 102-71, i was up 40-17 at the end of 1, the celts had 44 going into the 4th quarter!

steals are a little high for me, 16 to 10, as are turnovers, 22 to 17. here are some other stas

rebounds: 41 to 33
assists: 29 to 17
off rebounds: 9 to 5
blocks:10 to 1
3 pt: both 5-14
FT: 13-17 to 6-14
fouls:9 to 12

i just noticed somehow the stat sheet all players played 246 minutes :/

well, it was a real blowout, i doubt its normal since it was the celtics and all...btw, these were with 1.6
xxDHAINESxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #357
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Would you recommend a specific set of rosters to use with these sliders? Does a certain set of rosters work better than another with these sliders? Does it even matter. I think I might try these out. I'm pumped!
skilldude89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #358
Rookie
 
VINCEL's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Living rosters... I guess.
Thank you Greenie for your work !
VINCEL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #359
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

So, i notice everybody is shooting around mid 40% from the field...I am average like 38% a game from the field. granted I have only played 6 games and I just bought the game...but does the release points have a lot to do with it? I seem to do good the first quarter but after that it's all over! tips? ideas?

Last night I was playing the Bulls as the Celtics and Bulls were up 26-25 after the 1st....at half it was 67-54 and the game closed at 121-95 bulls winning. I haven't scored more than 95, and have allowed over 100 points all 6 games so far...

Last edited by Chiefs0629; 12-17-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Chiefs0629 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #360
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Greenie,

Just wanted to thank you as these are working really well for me! I started a new association with the Pistons (man, they're a mess) using v1.4. First game against the Nets went 86-84 to the Nets. I simulated the next few and then played the Clippers and won 97-73. Sorry, no stats for you but if you've moved on to 1.5+ then they probably wouldn't be all that useful anyway.

I am curious as to what you have been seeing over the long haul with clutch on that made you change? I think I'm a fan of it on, only because I feel like guys go on hot/cold streaks more frequently and for longer than with it off. Seems to just "feel better", whatever that means

For example, in my first game Ben Gordon was lights out for 2nd quarter (17 pts, 3-3 from 3) and I was up by 15 at half. 2nd half the nets slowly chipped away and finally took the lead with 2 minutes to play in the game. Gordon went ice cold in the 2nd half, and finished with 24 pts, missing the game winner.

In my game against the clippers, I was able to jump out to another early lead, finishing the half up by 8, ended the third up by 10 and then blew the doors off in the 4th. Gordon and Charlie V traded off carrying the load and neither really cooled off the entire game.

Anyway, not sure I'm seeing anything "disturbing" with clutch, though it has only been 2 games. Knowing your thoroughness in testing I thought maybe you have seen something that is problematic over the long haul? Or is it just a personal preference?

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Prof,

I have no idea how Clutch Factor affects the game. My guess is that it makes the winning team play worse (specifically by lowering the odds that a shot will go in) and the losing team play better.

It's great if you want to mask flaws in the game or a slider set. Which, honestly, was why I had it on. But, the more I play with mine, I feel confident that it's unnecessary.

I don't think it's harmful in any way. So, ultimately, it's up to the user.

I prefer to believe that the outcome is decided on the court.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Top -