Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

oh your fine and thanks for all the effort...i really dont know what it is man...when im on pro level its like the cpu dont make nothin and i make everything win by 30...i say well lets try all star again and at halftime on all star level they have like 64 points to my 40...never fails...its every single time...
Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Prof,

I have no idea how Clutch Factor affects the game. My guess is that it makes the winning team play worse (specifically by lowering the odds that a shot will go in) and the losing team play better.

It's great if you want to mask flaws in the game or a slider set. Which, honestly, was why I had it on. But, the more I play with mine, I feel confident that it's unnecessary.

I don't think it's harmful in any way. So, ultimately, it's up to the user.

I prefer to believe that the outcome is decided on the court.
Interesting...Thanks for the input. I'm still on the fence but as with any good dish, at some point you just have to trust that the food should be eaten as the cook intended and stop covering it all in ketchup I will definitely give your final version a run once you are happy with everything (and I hope for the sake of your sanity that that day is soon!)

I also forgot to add in my previous post that I am really loving the throw-away TO's. They were frustrating at first, but this is the first time ever in a video game that I have had to be cognizant about who was throwing the pass, who was receiving the pass, and the position of the passer in relation to the receiver. It doesn't get any more real than that! On top of that, it also adds an additional wrinkle into building a team, providing yet another layer of depth to this game. Just awesome work by you and your team of helpers!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #371
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Interesting...Thanks for the input. I'm still on the fence but as with any good dish, at some point you just have to trust that the food should be eaten as the cook intended and stop covering it all in ketchup I will definitely give your final version a run once you are happy with everything (and I hope for the sake of your sanity that that day is soon!)

I also forgot to add in my previous post that I am really loving the throw-away TO's. They were frustrating at first, but this is the first time ever in a video game that I have had to be cognizant about who was throwing the pass, who was receiving the pass, and the position of the passer in relation to the receiver. It doesn't get any more real than that! On top of that, it also adds an additional wrinkle into building a team, providing yet another layer of depth to this game. Just awesome work by you and your team of helpers!

Thanks, Prof.

I really hate to throw around the M word, in general, but especially when it's something for which I am partially responsible. In fact, I never have. Because it comes off as arrogant, self-congratulatory and delusional.

But taking into consideration the level, my goal, what I promised, what the stats look like, what we had to work with, etc. these sliders are nearly a masterpiece. Mostly, because of the way the CPU performs on offense-- sometimes it's what I imagine it would be like to see Matisse paint-- and the success of the TO band-aid.

For those things I am quite proud. I'm just happy that one or two people see this, because I'm not interested in advertising.

I guess I just was.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #372
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Use whatever you like. On Pro, with Real Player %, they are universal.

Enjoy!
Okay, cool. Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to trying these out
Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #373
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldude89
Okay, cool. Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to trying these out

Cool, man. I hope you like them.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #374
MVP

OVR: 7

Just beat the Blazers 117-86. Everything was pretty usual expect I shot 48% and them 30%, they were 2-23 from 3 and I was like 9-21
Old 12-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #375
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Just beat the Blazers 117-86. Everything was pretty usual expect I shot 48% and them 30%, they were 2-23 from 3 and I was like 9-21

Hmm. O.k., Ewing. Thanks.

Tell me if this happens again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #376
Rookie

OVR: 2

Alright, I'm a believer. Clutch off forever more.This is my latest game with your latest version:

Raptors @ Pistons(me)
86 - 77
1st Q: 14 - 25
2nd: 17 - 18
3rd: 28 - 16
4th: 27 - 18
FG: 29/80 and 30/81
3P: 6/17 and 3/14
FT: 22/25 and 14/18
A: 16/14
TO: 10/14
TF: 12/15
TR: 48/50
OR: 8/11
St: 7/9
Blk: 2/7
PiP: 32/18
BP: 42/29
2nd: 10/4
FB: 4/0

This is the first game that I've felt soundly beaten by the cpu in a long time. I have no idea what clutch does either but I know now that I don't like it! And Greenie, I would most definitely throw the M word around with these...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »