Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #393
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Thanks, guys.

When they go final, I'll upload them: PS3.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 1

These sliders are amazing, such realistic games. Only wish turnovers weren't so high. Any way to fix that?
Old 12-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #395
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al
These sliders are amazing, such realistic games. Only wish turnovers weren't so high. Any way to fix that?
Thanks, man.

Down with the hands slider, up with pass accuracy slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #396
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

what rosters you using?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #397
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
what rosters you using?
I started an Association with the Living Rosters around opening week. I'm in 2022, now. The sliders were tuned in 2022.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 7

Bounced back wiith a nice 105-92 win vs the Kings in which i made a 2nd half comeback. Gallo had 26 and 7 guys had between 7 and 16 so the scoring was very spread around which seems to happen w/o amare

Kings/Knicks
Field Goals: 36-80(45%)/38-90(42%)
3's: 1-7(14%)/13-30(43%)
free throws: 19-30(63%)/16-21(76%)
assists: 22/29(most I have gotten with this set)
turnovers: 14/17(getting better)
rebounds: 40( 6 off.)/49(10 off.)
steals: 13/12
Blocks: 9/5
PIP: 42/40
Bench: 30/42
2nd chance: 6/9
fast break: 12/2
Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #399
MVP

OVR: 14

Just a general question for you guys. I am posting in here because I appreciate greeniblue's dedication in the lab and I can tell he has a good eye for basketball in the real world and how it's translated into video games (not just looking at end game stats, but how they get there). I'd like to see his input.

Anyway...

How many games do you guys play before making a slider adjustments based on statistical output?

How many games do you guys play before making slider adjustments based on the "feel" (tendencies, animations etc.)

At what point is a slider tweak from a value of 36 to a 37 is justified? How do we know that what we are seeing isn't placebo, or a variation of MULTIPLE things affecting it...from the dice roll of animations, player attributes, ratings etc. It's not like we can play in a vaccum and isolate individual sliders and test them repeatedly in the EXACT situation. Can we honestly say there's a difference between Clutch Factor at 3 or at 9? Or Help Defense at 78 as opposed to 79? Do we use elite defensive teams over and over to get to that conclusion? and against what opponent?

I find the game plays slightly different from game to game, yet most of us tweak multiple sliders here and there after a game or two, throwing in different variables all at once.

Also, the Lakers in real life recently went through a 5-6 stretch against mediocre and subpar teams. Their offense was struggling, their defense was lapsing, they played fatigued and looked vulnerable without Bynum/Ratliff. Anyway, can you imagine if this happened in 2k11? We would be going crazy with slider tweaks, especially if it was on Pro (lol). I'm just saying, I see a lot of people posting game stat results and over analyzing...

Just browsing in last night's boxscores in the NBA, I saw a team grab 4 offensive rebounds, Minnesota grabbed 21. I saw Memphis attempt 5 three pointers, while Houston attempted like 25. I saw the Clippers shoot something like 12 free throws all game, while Denver had near 40. I saw Charlotte go something like 2-15 from down town while Miami was 10-18. Do we bump down 3-point success or bump it up if we had a game like that in 2k11?

I'm just curious how you guys are coming to certain conclusions. I see it in multiple threads, people posting completely different sliders and everyone that tries them say how amazing they are. If I didn't know any better, I would think that out of the box settings are the worst...
Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #400
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Thanks, man.

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. Somehow it seems like the game was made so that more accurate passers (players with a high passing rating) are less accurate than average passers when you adjust the Pass Accuracy slider down.

Strange.

If you want to lessen the TO's, just adjust hands down and pass acc up.

Im not to worried about it cause with the sliders this way it makes me really think about who I pass the ball to. On the other hand it is frustrating cause I will see the other team make amazing passes. Then they make horrible passes too. That's why this slider set is so good. I play the show and madden also, and no slider set on any of those games has ever done that. I know you can't compare, but they actually play almost similar to real players. On the show and madden I never found a slider set that does that.

Last edited by Wil2DaSon; 12-18-2010 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »