Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #425
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

v. 1.7, 12/19.

Page 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey mate, so with these coach profile changes:

Inside: 80

Close: 50

Mid: 61

3pt: 54

do we go in to the all coach profiles before starting an association and change the value to the above??? Or are they just suggestions?

I'be never messed with custom rosters, I've always played with living rosters. That's mainly because
a: I don't have the time lol
and b: would not have a clue how to make it more authetntic.

Wouldn't doing this just make every team play the same? That would **** me to tears haha
Old 12-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #427
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Hey mate, so with these coach profile changes:

Inside: 80

Close: 50

Mid: 61

3pt: 54

do we go in to the all coach profiles before starting an association and change the value to the above??? Or are they just suggestions?

I'be never messed with custom rosters, I've always played with living rosters. That's mainly because
a: I don't have the time lol
and b: would not have a clue how to make it more authetntic.

Wouldn't doing this just make every team play the same? That would **** me to tears haha
Lol! No, here's what I mean:

Since you are doing it for this year, your numbers will be different than mine. It actually would be a little easier for you. Hmm, maybe I can list these for you guys, but I'm not sure enough people would be interested to make it worth my while.

If you are interested, you'll need to go to go here-
http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx
take the number of Attempts (A) under Rim and multiply it by 3.246753246753247.
That will be your Take Inside setting. (Denver should have an 88 Take Inside Shots setting.)

For Close you will need to add the Attempts under <10ft and 10-15 ft. and multiply it by 3.246753246753247. (Minnesota should have a 93 Take Close Shots setting.)

Mid will be 16-23 ft. (Miami should have an 83 Take Mid-Range setting.)

3pt is 3pt. (New York should have an 80 Take 3pt setting.)

Do this for each team as they are listed, so that each team has different settings. If you know your way around a spreadsheet, it'll be easy.

Is that clear?

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #428
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Lol! No, here's what I mean:

Since you are doing it for this year, your numbers will be different than mine. It actually would be a little easier for you. Hmm, maybe I can list these for you guys, but I'm not sure enough people would be interested to make it worth my while.

If you are interested, you'll need to go to go here-
http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx
take the number of Attempts (A) under Rim and multiply it by 3.246753246753247.
That will be your Take Inside setting. (Denver should have an 88 Take Inside Shots setting.)

For Close you will need to add the Attempts under <10ft and 10-15 ft. and multiply it by 3.246753246753247. (Minnesota should have a 93 Take Close Shots setting.)

Mid will be 16-23 ft. (Miami should have an 83 Take Mid-Range setting.)

3pt is 3pt. (New York should have an 80 Take 3pt setting.)

Do this for each team as they are listed, so that each team has different settings. If you know your way around a spreadsheet, it'll be easy.

Is that clear?
Ah! Cheers mate, I'll give it a crack. If it's over my head I'll just stick to default rosters. But it seems more and more 'sim heads' are getting in to custom rosters......so might be worth it!

I know in Madden you can't get a slider set without having suggested coach profile change ups and playbook edits.....(obviously two VERY different games but both apples of 'sim heads' eyes haha)
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #429
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

Just a question. When I use that formula to figure out the teams numbers. There is no way I'm getting an average of 50 for close for the whole league. There is only one team under 50 and that is Denver at 46. Minnesota even has a 93 close. Just wondering if it would still work is all or would it mess up everything we are trying to accomplish by doing it?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #430
Rookie

OVR: 0

Green is a genius
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #431
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabby21
Ah! Cheers mate, I'll give it a crack. If it's over my head I'll just stick to default rosters. But it seems more and more 'sim heads' are getting in to custom rosters......so might be worth it!

I know in Madden you can't get a slider set without having suggested coach profile change ups and playbook edits.....(obviously two VERY different games but both apples of 'sim heads' eyes haha)
It really has become apparent that coach profiles affect how teams play more than anything. So the effectiveness of the slider tendencies is really handicapped unless you edit coach profiles.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of watching every team shoot jumpers all game. This pretty much nullifies that.

You could also use Pace to adjust O Tempo, etc.

It's not a project I'm going to take on, because the only real coaches left in my league are Triano, Brooks and Williams. And I don't think it's a perfect idea to use stats from season that is 26 games old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #432
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil2DaSon
Just a question. When I use that formula to figure out the teams numbers. There is no way I'm getting an average of 50 for close for the whole league. There is only one team under 50 and that is Denver at 46. Minnesota even has a 93 close. Just wondering if it would still work is all or would it mess up everything we are trying to accomplish by doing it?

Yeah, sorry man. I have to operate on different principles (since I'm in an Association in 2022 w/ only 3 real coaches left).

Disregard that and just input the numbers that the formula creates.

If you (or anyone) does the entire league, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate you posting the numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »