Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #41
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Thanks greenie,
I just experienced one of my greatest games in my 2k history. Iggy nailed a 3point buzzer beater to knock me out, I'm still thrilled and realy depressed, but it was the first time i lost to a cpu buzzer beater so thanks for this.
I lead 38:21 after the first quarter and thought "wtf", but at 2:45 in the 4th the 76'ers tight the game at 100. And after hittng a jumper at 0.25 i was sure of winning but then came iggy and stabbed me in the back.
The stats are great and the game felt real and smooth.


Big thanks for these sliders. They don't need big changes, only thing is i felt blocking was too easy at some point in the game. I thought i'd definitely have around 13 but had just 8, thats ok. I'll start the second game now and have a look at the blocks.

Last edited by rushfrog; 12-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.
rushfrog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #42
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushfrog
Thanks greenie,
I just experienced one of my greatest games in my 2k history. Iggy nailed a 3point buzzer beater to knock me out, I'm still thrilled and realy depressed, but it was the first time i lost to a cpu buzzer beater so thanks for this.
I lead 38:21 after the first quarter and thought "wtf", but at 2:45 in the 4th the 76'ers tight the game at 100. And after hittng a jumper at 0.25 i was sure of winning but then came iggy and stabbed me in the back.
The stats are great and the game felt real and smooth.


Big thanks for these sliders. They don't need big changes, only thing is i felt blocking was too easy at some point in the game. I thought i'd definitely have around 13 but had just 8, thats ok. I'll start the second game now and have a look at the blocks.

You're welcome, man. Very glad you enjoyed the game and tried the sliders.

The stat engine loses blocks-- if you pause after blocks (especially when Clark & Kevin refer to it as a steal) you will see it hasn't been counted. But, yeah, blocks are a definite thing I'm focused on. As well as steals, pass acc and fouls. For some reason, I'm getting jobbed by the refs. Lol. Which is cool, preferable really. As long as they call a few.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I look forward to more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 11:04 AM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco
Pass accuracy: you have to be more patient and careful with passes. Just think that I've played 10 games with pass accuracy at 40 and my numbers are spot on. My steal sliders (Steal Success, Stealing, Hands) are a bit lower than the ones on the final set, maybe I'll look at them again with Greenie. Inbound passes are an issue, but try this: stay FAR from the inbounder, probabilities to catch the ball are higher, believe me. The closer you stay (and the closer to a defender) the more you'll miss the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
The one thing about inbound plays (and really all passes w/ pass acc low) is that the closer you are to a defender, the more likely your player will sail the pass. There are definitely exceptions. Sometimes, a guy just throws one away. That said, it's hard for me to get a handle on Pass Acc at 43, because some games I sail 1 and some games I sail 10. If it turns out I'm unjustifiably throwing the ball away 6+ times a game, then I will definitely address this.
Haha, I see Pass Acc is still somewhat of a problem? If it is truly irritating, another tip I have stumbled upon while playing is to inbound the ball to the receiver while you are moving him (i.e. from left-to-right running in front of the inbounder). A stationary pass receiver does seem to initiate these weird inbound passes, particularly when a defender is nearby. I have seen my inbounds turnovers fall pretty significantly by doing this. I primarily play with the Heat (I know, but I have been a DWade fan since I saw one of his Marquette games), and I have also seen Lebron do that bobble animation out of bounds as I was passing him the ball after a score. That seems like a more realistic turnover to me (and rare, as I have only seen it in that situation that one time).

Hope this helps some people out. Good job to greenieblue, Cesco, and everyone else, as always.
AirandFlash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #44
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirandFlash
Haha, I see Pass Acc is still somewhat of a problem? If it is truly irritating, another tip I have stumbled upon while playing is to inbound the ball to the receiver while you are moving him (i.e. from left-to-right running in front of the inbounder). A stationary pass receiver does seem to initiate these weird inbound passes, particularly when a defender is nearby. I have seen my inbounds turnovers fall pretty significantly by doing this. I primarily play with the Heat (I know, but I have been a DWade fan since I saw one of his Marquette games), and I have also seen Lebron do that bobble animation out of bounds as I was passing him the ball after a score. That seems like a more realistic turnover to me (and rare, as I have only seen it in that situation that one time).

Hope this helps some people out. Good job to greenieblue, Cesco, and everyone else, as always.

That's what it was! Thanks, man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #45
The Lama
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 15,825
Blog Entries: 4
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirandFlash
Haha, I see Pass Acc is still somewhat of a problem? If it is truly irritating, another tip I have stumbled upon while playing is to inbound the ball to the receiver while you are moving him (i.e. from left-to-right running in front of the inbounder). A stationary pass receiver does seem to initiate these weird inbound passes, particularly when a defender is nearby. I have seen my inbounds turnovers fall pretty significantly by doing this. I primarily play with the Heat (I know, but I have been a DWade fan since I saw one of his Marquette games), and I have also seen Lebron do that bobble animation out of bounds as I was passing him the ball after a score. That seems like a more realistic turnover to me (and rare, as I have only seen it in that situation that one time).


Hope this helps some people out. Good job to greenieblue, Cesco, and everyone else, as always.
Why does everyone apologize for playing with the Heat?

Christ the Lakers have studs, the Celtics have studs....so what? Use the team you love and make no apologies.

Everyone thinks if you use the Heat your a weak player. But it actually takes a great player to rock with this team and know how to play a great sim like game with them. Any punk can iso all day with dozens of players in this game. But to watch and play a beautiful sim game with this team you need real basketball IQ and run tons of plays.

We have no center, no real stud at the point and a thin bench.

Go Heat!!!

Anyway....so happy to see these up....I will give them a run and if I love them I may have to spit on my set LMAO.

Thanks for the hard work Greenie...now stop and just play the game again.


Enjoy!
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 20 - 1980ís Strat-O-Matic Fantasy Draft Royals YR1, 1993 Florida Marlins & NY Yankees YR1
Madden 21 Year 5 (10-2)


Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #46
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Why does everyone apologize for playing with the Heat?

Christ the Lakers have studs, the Celtics have studs....so what? Use the team you love and make no apologies.

Everyone thinks if you use the Heat your a weak player. But it actually takes a great player to rock with this team and know how to play a great sim like game with them. Any punk can iso all day with dozens of players in this game. But to watch and play a beautiful sim game with this team you need real basketball IQ and run tons of plays.

We have no center, no real stud at the point and a thin bench.

Go Heat!!!

Anyway....so happy to see these up....I will give them a run and if I love them I may have to spit on my set LMAO.

Thanks for the hard work Greenie...now stop and just play the game again.


Enjoy!
No doubt. Fouls are becoming a rock in my shoe, though... lol.

Thank you, A&S.

I really look forward to seeing what you think.

BTW I've been a fan of the Sixers since the... o.k., maybe that's unnecessary... LOL!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #47
Rookie
 
t_SKY's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

when i collide mid-air, it's an automatic foul for me. on my side, i realized that there's the normal block (Y) and the aggressive block which causes the foul (RT+Y)
t_SKY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #48
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
when i collide mid-air, it's an automatic foul for me. on my side, i realized that there's the normal block (Y) and the aggressive block which causes the foul (RT+Y)

I think it is about "foul draw" because I'm in an Association where almost the entire league is fictional. I looked through my team and the highest foul draw tendency is 57. So I may just have to go through the league and edit the stars foul draw tendencies.

No big deal. Just strange because you had so many and I have so few. Yours are not unrealistic however-- Denver just had a game w/ FTA in the 50's. But, I now feel like I can't go above 65 on the shooting foul slider and still have it work for everyone. That and, when I watch CPU v. CPU, you can put it in the 50's and have the #'s work out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 12:54 PM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Top -