Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

i love auto-play calling, except when on a fast break my teammates will slow down and try to set up a play. For example, if i catch a def reb with wade and sprint down the court, lebron will stop at the top of the arc and try to run a play.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #498
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
If you have not started your Association (or aren't going to), you can edit coach profiles like this:

Main Menu>

Options>

My NBA Settings>

Coach Profiles

One has absolutely no affect on the other.
hmm this is what i did and it didn't save. is it just automatically updated when i start a new franchise? because after i realized that it didn't work with my current association, i went back to start a new one and it didn't load the settings.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #499
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos10
hmm this is what i did and it didn't save. is it just automatically updated when i start a new franchise? because after i realized that it didn't work with my current association, i went back to start a new one and it didn't load the settings.

Hmm. You know, I'm not sure.

I'm definite that it keeps the coach profiles once you edit them while in an Association. I don't know if that is saved in your profile (possible) or your Association file (probable).
Old 12-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos10
I think they might be saved in the roster itself. Did you save the roster after you edited the profiles? If that doesn't work then I have no idea.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #501
MVP

OVR: 7

Edited the coaching profiles in my knicks assoiciation and put in the sliders for either 1.8 or 1.9(whichever one was up at 10:20 ish pm et last night)
Played Knicks vs Rockets and won 129-113

Knicks/Rockets
Field Goals: 46-86(53%)/41-97(42%)
3's: 11-24(45%)/11-25(44%)
free throws: 26-31(83%)/20-25(80%)
assists: 32/27
turnovers: 13/10(never thought they would be this low again :P)
Rebounds 43(4 off.)/44(8 off.)
steals: 7/10
blocks: 11/3
PIP: 52/38
bench points: 50/31
2nd chance points: 6/2
fast break 4/7

Key Players:
Bill Walker 22 points(3-4 from 3) Had 20 in the 2nd half He was put into rotation when Bulter got hurt and he has done very good as Gallo's backup
A. Randolph 22 points 6 broads
Gallo 21 points 5 broads
Felton 17 points 12 assists
Buike 15
Beaubois 10 points 7 assists

Brooks 25 points 12 assists 5-10 from 3
Martin 22 points
Scola 12 points 12 broads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #502
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Red face Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

well, i really dont know what to think about the game i just played.........

i'm using the 1.9 slider set w/ updated coach profiles for all teams, and i just had my knicks play the magic. i won 104-94, but dont worry, it gets worse....

the magic made 14 3 pointers in this game.....out of 44!!!!! i made a respectable 5 of 15, but 44!!! jameer nelson and amare both got lower back strains, and they're both out 2-4 weeks

i won the rebounding battle 45-44, the assist battle 25-19, the magic had 14 steals to my 11, and i had 11 blocks to their 4.

20 turnovers for me to their 18. ohh btw, they threw up 100 freaking shots, and only made 38 of them! i made 40 out of 85. i got 23 free throw attempts, and they only got 11. there were 29 fouls in the game combined!!!

so overall, i had fun playing the game, but its not fun when all they do is shoot 100 jumpers a game, never have any fouls, and can never make a jumper. i'm actually complaining about the cpu not making enough jumpers

keep up the good work greenie, hopefully this game was just a blip and not an actual consistant problem. btw, sorry i havent posted in a while, i'm really busy lately. ohh and another btw, i beat the celtics in boston 106-83, and that game was much worse than this one. thanks greenie!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #503
MVP

Because I am basically slider fatigued, I'm thinking that Clutch Factor ON is the best way to go. If that doesn't solve it, I don't know.

What you want is ORL to jack 3's all game, it's what they do. 44 is insane (but NYK attempted 29 in a half last year), but I can't help but believe that defensive adjustments wouldn't have brought that number down to a more reasonable amount.

The real problem is now the computer just cannot score consistently. When you leave the game on most modes/sliders, all you get is jumpers (my previous set included). So when you tune Close and Mid to consistently drop, you have a competitive game. But you have a competitive, unrealistic game. Now what we have is an uncompetitive realistic game.

And, although I can theorize on a million ways to solve it, I'm pretty much good on slider testing.

So, I think these adjustments are in order:

- turn hands up to 79
- turn clutch factor ON
- use the HUM/CPU (not coach profiles) tendencies that I will post momentarily
- and just keep turning shooting fouls up until you get a realistic amount

Most are just band-aids. But, oh well.

And, I'm not jumping the gun, I'm seeing similar things.

I wish I had this information much sooner, but I didn't.

For those who haven't done coach profiles, you have a choice:

a) competitive unrealistic-- don't do it.
b) uncompetitive realistic-- do it.

Or, of course, just use another set.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-22-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #504
MVP

v. 2.0.

Page 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »