Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
Where do you read that I'm unhappy ?! No, they're cool !!!!

Good Game, Good Action & pleasure !

Just some thing to see, Too many Blocks for us and to many off.rebounds for the a.i, thought the same thing like everyone for this set ! but he's cool !

I'm going to try with the shot timing for see and I want to ask, why have you put off the clutch factor ? can you explain what does it' change in a game ? I don't understand that...
I was kidding.

I think it keeps games close. I would prefer that they are close because both teams play well, and not because of some other factor.

But, really, who knows!?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

i'm sorry man but i quit the game after 1st quarter...how can you call this simulation ?!?! celtics are shooting 17% and they have already 11 T.O.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Average of the 5 games posted (09-10 NBA season avg. beside them in parentheses) with complete stats (I forgot to post Team Fouls for my opponent, so there is that):

Rounding to the nearest whole number

Points- 99 (100)
OffEff- 101 (105)
DefEff- same
FGM- 37 (38)
FGA- 82 (81)
FG%- 46% (46%)
eFG%- 50% (50%)
TS%- 54% (54%)
3pt Made- 7 (6)
3pt Attempts- 17 (18)
FTM- 18 (19)
FTA- 24 (25)
Free Throw Rate- 30% (30%)
Assists- 22 (21)
Assist Rate- 20 (20)
Turnovers- 18 (13)
Offensive Rebounds- 7 (11)
Offensive Rebound Rate- 17 (26)
Defensive Rebounds- 35 (31)
Defensive Rebound Rate- 83 (74)
Total Rebounds- 42 (42)
Total Rebound Rate- 50 (50)
Blocks- 6 (5)
Block Rate- 6 (5)
Steals- 12 (7)
Defensive Play Rate- 19 (15)
Points in the Paint- 35 (42)
Team Fouls- 18 (21)
Possessions- 99 (95)

To be honest, that's a little eerie. Check the math. Everyone up until, and including, Mourf who posted full stats was included. Maybe I'll just leave and never come back. It can only be downhill from here.

I'm dead serious, btw. I may occasionally use hyperbole, but I KNOW THEY AREN'T THIS GOOD.

Obviously, TO's can come down and should bring steals with them. O-Boards, we all know that story. Anyway, please keep posting full stats if you use the exact sliders on page 1.

Thank you.
That's how.

You should have at least finished the game. But, no sliders are for everyone. And, that's completely understandable.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

don't make us a nervous breakdown greenieblue
Old 12-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourf
don't make us a nervous breakdown greenieblue
Me have one? I do, daily.

You have one? You should, daily.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #62
MVP

Look, I can relate with Tommy. I had a game before I left the house this morning that made me want to quit halfway through. The turnovers, especially, can be particularly frustrating. But it is stated that this is a known issue on the first page. Fouls were literally driving me crazy this morning. I felt like Tim Donaghy was the ref. So, I get it.

I think there are some people who want sim, until they get it. Then, what it turns out they actually wanted was a realistic-feeling win. But they want to define "realistic" and "feeling", they want to ignore whatever statistics or NBA realities they choose, they want the game to police them, they don't want to learn the game, they don't want to work, they want results to mirror real life results no matter their skill level or how they play the game, etc. Or they think that every game should look the same, that all numbers should be equal forever, etc. This is why I kept saying "I hope they end up being what you want". That wasn't hyperbole, self-deprecation, etc. I meant it. Again, I don't know Tommy or you (in the general sense), his or your story, so I don't know that that is him or you. And, again, I can relate and understand his complaint. I can also evaluate and dismiss an invalid complaint (his FG% complaint).

He could have worded it better. But who am I to say that? Give aggressive, get aggressive. And, I'm good with that. Unless you aren't. In which case you should be assertive or passive.

I worked on these a while, said that I would release them within a week after the patch, did not. Then I said I would release them Monday, did not. And I did give in to pressure last night and released a set of sliders with known issues. But these known issues are explicitly indicated before you even scroll down to the sliders. I have played 2 games with these sliders, so how can anyone expect me to have a complete, fully-functional, perfect set? I'm not asking anyone to test anything for me. But when you do test, and are informed of known issues why are you surprised to see the known issues? If you test drive a car that has no brakes, and are told this, why are you surprised when the car has no brakes? What others did was up Pass Acc. Solved. It may not be the way I address it, but I'm not here to hand down slider settings from the clouds. These are suggestions. And, through your feedback, I am closer to solving these known issues than I would have been otherwise. So, thanks.

What I have looked for past years in this forum was a valid base. I think that is what most people are looking for. I think these are that. Slider tuning is not hard at all. Input these settings, change what you hate and play the game. If you need help identifying what sliders do what, I'll do the best I can to help you. I think I have before and will continue to do so. But, I know nothing more about these sliders (and usually less) than anyone who has ever opened the screen and adjusted.

I also don't put a ton of weight in the stats through 5 games. However, I find it impressive that 5 different people, with 5 different game styles, with 5 different teams, with 5 different skill levels, with 5 different opponents, etc. can brush up against NBA averages so closely. Is it possible that the game will make this so no matter what slider settings you use? Very. Will they soon fall off a cliff? Yes. But, my point here is to evaluate these sliders right now and not run numbers for every possible scenario under the sun. I'm also not excluding anyone who posts complete stats. When I get home tonight, I will input mine for the game before I left this morning.

Anyway, after 5 games it's hard to conclude but it does look like TO's are an issue. I will address this soon. I think my first step will be to raise reach-in fouls to 100, and hopefully kill two birds. But I would like more stats to come in first. I will provide those stats if necessary, but I can only play 1-2 games a day. So, time will polish the set.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 17

Thanks for all your hard work on getting these sliders out!!!

My total game, 1st half, and 2nd half stats
From Drop Box

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

My first half was very easy. My clipper team is strong and should beat many teams but in the first half destryed portland in every way possible. the second half was more of a typical half for the nba.

The full game stats look good(shots, free throws, 3pt percentages, assists)

but some looked bad(steals, blocks, turnovers, rebounds)

then again this is only a one game sample so it doesn't hold as much weight as normal.
I think for the next game i need to raise pass acc and lower blocking and shooting(1 pt ea.)
I may try all star as well.

Last but not least the tendencies are perfect
I'm not owed anything by anyone.

Last edited by lv2bll; 12-08-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: extra info, embedded photos instead of links
Old 12-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
Thanks for all your hard work on getting these sliders out!!!

My total game, 1st half, and 2nd half stats

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_H5dwd390Mh4/TP...2013.06.05.jpg
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_H5dwd390Mh4/TP...2013.05.43.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_H5dwd390Mh4/TP...2013.05.56.jpg

My first half was very easy. My clipper team is strong and should beat many teams but in the first half destryed portland in every way possible. the second half was more of a typical half for the nba.

The full game stats look good(shots, free throws, 3pt percentages, assists)

but some looked bad(steals, blocks, turnovers, rebounds)

then again this is only a one game sample so it doesn't hold as much weight as normal.
I think for the next game i need to raise pass acc and lower blocking and shooting(1 pt ea.)
I may try all star as well.

Last but not least the tendencies are perfect
Thank you, Lv. That is actually what I'm most proud of.

I'm plugging them in the sheet now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »