Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #721
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
This one is hard to figure out.

I have heard it was a low DEF AWR that causes this, but 68 is not low by any measure since the game ships at 50. I have also heard it was On-Ball D, and it may be, but it was above 50 and I was still seeing it.

Since it doesn't happen every time (at least not for me), I've assumed it was related to the DEF AWR or OBD attribute of the guarding defender. But, I'm not sure.

I try to police myself (as with the steals)-- and I have had the defender rip the ball out if I'm too close-- but it's quite hard to disable the option instinctively. It's also unrealistic to take the option off the table.

I would guess that it probably has to do with OBD and not DA. But I'm not sure how far you would have to go up to have them bite less. It must be above 55.

I guess there is a chance it is related to the Blocking slider, but those are the only three that make sense to me.

Let me know what you find out.
I've been having the same problem with the CPU biting far too much on shot fakes. Just a thought...could it be the 'contest shots' slider which affects this? Could be totally wrong mind you!?

Also, are their any other minor adjustments I can make to the sliders to up the difficulty slightly? I'm finding all my games are close, but I always seem to be able to pull away in the last quarter.

Aside from this, best sliders I've ever come across, game plays so good with these, good work mate!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 PM   #722
Rookie

One other question....I downloaded Geebo's roster with all your updated coach profiles before starting my association. Does this mean that I don't have to edit the coach profiles of each team within the association, as I started it with a roster which already had the updates profiles?

Cheers.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #723
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

Absolutly love these sliders. I have one tiny problem though.

The hook shot out of post seems a little off. I was 1/8 with scola (all post). I think im going to raise it by 5.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #724
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Greenie,

If I want to tune down the cpu biting on shot fakes would I adjust on ball D, def awareness or a combo of the two? I know that I don't want to go too high on Def aware so that I'm not playing against robot D but I'm getting to the hoop a little too easy with this latest version and I'm willing to sacrifice a little realism for a little higher difficulty.

Thanks!
Could it possibly be because the contest shot is at 98? They fall for the fake cause they are alittle too agressive
Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #725
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh313
One other question....I downloaded Geebo's roster with all your updated coach profiles before starting my association. Does this mean that I don't have to edit the coach profiles of each team within the association, as I started it with a roster which already had the updates profiles?

Cheers.
Correct. However greenieblue has updated the Help D in some profiles. I will be releasing my Essential Rosters V 3.0 with all coach profiles updated and more edits, shortly. Stay tuned.

New York Knicks

New York Yankees
Green Bay Packers
Italia Azzuri National Team

Last edited by Geebo; 12-27-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #726
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geebo
Correct. However greenieblue has updated the Help D in some profiles. I will be releasing my Essential Rosters V 3.0 with all coach profiles updated and more edits, shortly. Stay tuned.
wished i saw this before i started my chise, ah well
Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #727
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
Sim stats are right on the money except for all 12 players seeing action in every single game. Hopefully 2k is working on another patch to fix this. At the moment i am so frustrated by this I have went back to play MLB the show.

That's drastic! Lol.

I agree, it's a problem. I wish it could be fixed with sliders. But, to me, at this point, oh well.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #728
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh313
I've been having the same problem with the CPU biting far too much on shot fakes. Just a thought...could it be the 'contest shots' slider which affects this? Could be totally wrong mind you!?

Also, are their any other minor adjustments I can make to the sliders to up the difficulty slightly? I'm finding all my games are close, but I always seem to be able to pull away in the last quarter.

Aside from this, best sliders I've ever come across, game plays so good with these, good work mate!

Thanks, man. Glad you are enjoying them.

A few ways I'd try before moving to All-Star (you are using the most recent version?):

- turn Clutch Factor On
- turn up OFF/DEF AWR
- turn up on-ball D

If that doesn't work, move up to All-Star but pay attention to shooting %'s. You may need to adjust down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »