Home

The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

This is a discussion on The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #769
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Just about to hit halftime in my first game using these sliders. Celtics vs. Heat. I'm using the Celtics and I'm shooting 63% while the Heat are shooting 53%. I'm 4/8 from 3 point range while the Heat are 5/6. About to head into halftime with both teams on pace to score 120 points lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #770
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Just about to hit halftime in my first game using these sliders. Celtics vs. Heat. I'm using the Celtics and I'm shooting 63% while the Heat are shooting 53%. I'm 4/8 from 3 point range while the Heat are 5/6. About to head into halftime with both teams on pace to score 120 points lol

You're using Real FG%?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #771
Banned

OVR: 1

1st quarter, 4:20 left to go, 9-17 grizzlies: i honestly think there's something wrong with the turnovers. maybe it's just the game because the physics and animations are so funky. every time i drive in and attract 2 defenders, i try to pass it out to someone on the perimeter for example carl crawford or mike bibby but for some reason joe johnson forgets how to throw a regular pass and it either ends up in the seats or bibby and crawford can't catch it. also when i try to drive and pass it in to someone, the drivers always throw chest passes right into two defenders instead of that one pass that any normal human being could make. it's just frustrating right now.

2nd quarter, 3:29 left to go, 27-41 grizzlies: even more frustrating now. i've played enough exhibition games in the other levels to know that i don't suck. i think the animations are just messing me up. i've seen michael conley outrebound three of my bigs in josh smith, al horford, and jason collins under the rim twice - maybe that was just unlucky. but the turnovers and the difficulty on offense is getting to me. these sliders don't seem to be for me. my offensive players seem to forget how to throw a pass in the fast break. too hard to make a shot - rudy gay can make a three pointer back to back with j-smoove in his face yet johnson and crawford have yet to make anything spectacular. most of my points have been in the post. passing animations and styles are very, very funky. and when i did get a play inside to horford, he went up for the dunk ... and missed it.

2nd quarter, 3:05 minutes left to go, 27-41 grizzlies: just saw collins watch a ball right on top of him and didn't jump. oj mayo with the rebound over my center. wow.

3rd quarter, 2:07 left, 57-58 grizzlies: came back but not in the ways that i'd like. the atlanta hawks are a running team and i haven't had one successful fast break yet without turning it over. still that problem with my players doing their terrell owens impersonation out there every time (dropping the balls) or their jamarcus russell (overthrowing the players). these sliders might not be for me, again. probably not the best for the run-n-gun type of teams. feel like i have to work way too hard to get a good shot in, and when i do, the shots don't even go in. must reiterate: very, very funky animations.

4th quarter, 9:58 left, 61-68 grizzlies: josh smith, joe johnson wide open in the fast break. zaza pachulia throws it into the other end of the stadium. these sliders give no room for any type of fastbreak scoring. hawks fastbreak points - 6, grizzlies fastbreak points - 2. right after tihs, josh smith throws the ball right into rudy gay's hands in an inbounds play, no where near mike bibby or joe johnson.

final, 87-84 hawks: came out with the win, but was frustrated most of the game. it's only one game but from what i've tested i don't think this is good for me. low 3 pt %, missed shots that look pretty normal and the weird shots went in, my main gripe in this is the lack of function in the fastbreak (too many errors, passes thrown away), the passing funkiness, and the difficulty to create your own shot on the dribble.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #772
Banned

i just realized that total control passing is on, maybe i'm just a noob and have no idea how to use it. i'm just trying these out for the first time, i don't think i've ever turned that setting on before. but still, i'm just suggesting that the passing be made a tad bit easier at least. especially the hands, we gotta give these guys more credit that they wouldn't drop a pass directly to their chest.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #773
MVP

Naa. I don't use Total Control Passing, Icon Lead Passing, Iso Motion, etc. You don't need to. I think what you experienced what was I intended (given what I had to work with).

There is a learning curve, but most of what you saw, you will always see with these sliders.

Maybe they aren't for you. Or maybe they are a base for you to build on. It's up to you.

I look at your stats, and I'm mostly happy with what I see. And I also know exactly how you got there. I see it every game. It's the design.

I'll concede that they occasionally fail the eye-test, but my argument is the eye-test fails the realism test. So, I decided to band-aid some fundamental problems with the game design. And, imo, that's how simulation works. It will sacrifice animations, collision detection, user control to produce realistic play-to-play results, game results, season results, and historical results.

Kind of.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #774
MVP

Turning hands down and pass accuracy up will instantly make passing easier.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #775
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Turning hands down and pass accuracy up will instantly make passing easier.
to what point do you suggest this? not really a good self-tweaker myself, so i'm asking.

and i see what you're saying but there's got to be a middle line between the realism and the realistic stats. not a fan of that theory to be honest, but it's what you believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #776
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta
to what point do you suggest this? not really a good self-tweaker myself, so i'm asking.

and i see what you're saying but there's got to be a middle line between the realism and the realistic stats. not a fan of that theory to be honest, but it's what you believe.

Here's the most concise sports game related analogy I can make:

If I'm playing a baseball game and I swing the bat, I want the player's (both pitcher and hitter) ratings to solely determine what happens. I don't care if the ball goes right through the bat for a strikeout. And this is why: because I didn't design the game. So, if I need to ignore a complete lack of collision detection in the game to gain realism, I'm all for it. If someone designs a game that does both, bravo!

The other side to me is about competition at the expense of realism. But, ultimately you master the game and there is no longer competition. It's about memorizing movements, getting lucky, practice making perfect and the game is just a short little hill that you climb and jump on top of for a few months.

I don't find that interesting.

2K11 is the closest we have ever been to both. But it has its shortcomings, thus the band-aids.

Hands @ 50 is default, 0 will nearly eliminate deflections. Pass Accuracy @ 50 is default, 100 will make almost all passes perfectly placed (the system will always be wonky). But if you just click down 1-2 on hands, and up 1 on pass accuracy until it feels right to you, you'll get it. It's hard for my to quantify what you want. But, you'll feel it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »