Home

Default, or really close to it?

This is a discussion on Default, or really close to it? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Default, or really close to it?

I'm actually doing Pro/Default. It's working VERY well right now. The only things I've adjusted are fouls, tendencies, and attributes. Really, the only thing im changing are blocks and rebounds. I'm letting the game do everything else. Shooting percentages are great at 50 across the board. One game i went 46 to their 36 and another i went 42 to their 48. It varies, and with the fouls set properly im getting 18-25 FT a game. Also, at 11 minutes quarters I'm getting 75-85 shots per game. Good stuff!
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I went back to default All-Star/Simulation settings for my 1990-91 Lakers custom Association last night and defeated the 1995-96 Sonics by 10, 76-66.

Game played really well and what I like about All-Star over Pro is that you'll see the CPU run different plays and will look to feed the hot hand. Detlef Schrempf caught fire in the 2nd quarter after I ran out to an early 11-point lead; he was hitting from distance and in the post, eventually tying the game. I was forced to take a couple of timeouts and adjust my defensive settings to swing the tide back in my direction.

As for 3-pointers, I only took 5 but hit 2 of them for a 40% average. Seattle was 5-of-23 from deep, but a lot of those shots (and misses) were in the last minute when they were chucking up shots to try and trim the deficit.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I went back to default All-Star/Simulation settings for my 1990-91 Lakers custom Association last night and defeated the 1995-96 Sonics by 10, 76-66.

Game played really well and what I like about All-Star over Pro is that you'll see the CPU run different plays and will look to feed the hot hand. Detlef Schrempf caught fire in the 2nd quarter after I ran out to an early 11-point lead; he was hitting from distance and in the post, eventually tying the game. I was forced to take a couple of timeouts and adjust my defensive settings to swing the tide back in my direction.

As for 3-pointers, I only took 5 but hit 2 of them for a 40% average. Seattle was 5-of-23 from deep, but a lot of those shots (and misses) were in the last minute when they were chucking up shots to try and trim the deficit.
You said you play with the 90/91 Lakers in custom Association. I play with the 95/96 Sonics in custom season

In my season, when i play at home, my home crowd doesnīt react to nothing! The crowd noise is always the same! Does this happen to you too?

If if play with a "normal" team (not a classic one) everything sounds great, the crowd reacts to everything and all, but with classic teams the crowd sounds are not there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
You said you play with the 90/91 Lakers in custom Association. I play with the 95/96 Sonics in custom season

In my season, when i play at home, my home crowd doesnīt react to nothing! The crowd noise is always the same! Does this happen to you too?

If if play with a "normal" team (not a classic one) everything sounds great, the crowd reacts to everything and all, but with classic teams the crowd sounds are not there...
Crowd is fine in my games. I love playing in the Forum, too, as you get the organ music, which is a nice touch.

Are you using the default Classic rosters or PortlandBlazer's set that he uploaded not too long after the game was released? I'm using PB's roster, as it has the correct bench players on all the Classic teams.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Crowd is fine in my games. I love playing in the Forum, too, as you get the organ music, which is a nice touch.

Are you using the default Classic rosters or PortlandBlazer's set that he uploaded not too long after the game was released? I'm using PB's roster, as it has the correct bench players on all the Classic teams.
Im on PS3, so i donīt have those rosters... i used several different ones, including the official ones from 2K and i cannot get crowd reactions after baskets and other situations on my homes games...

But again, im on PS3 and you are on XBOX, so maybe thatīs the difference...
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Im on PS3, so i donīt have those rosters... i used several different ones, including the official ones from 2K and i cannot get crowd reactions after baskets and other situations on my homes games...

But again, im on PS3 and you are on XBOX, so maybe thatīs the difference...
Yeah, I think that is probably it. I know PS3 owners are having tons of issues with Custom Audio, so I wouldn't be shocked if the 'in box' audio also wasn't working properly.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
MVP

Yes, iīve read in another site a guy is complaining of the same thing with a created team... this makes it IMPOSSIBLE to play a season with a classic/created team because the game is VERY dull without the crowd reacting with the on court action...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Anything I tried over pro the CPU plays weird.I see a lot of balls going through arms instead of being blocks.also when playing defense you see the Cpu controll player do the quick speed jump.Great game on pro level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »