Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:09 AM   #817
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Why you no make a superstar set ?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #818
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Why you no make a superstar set ?
I had... But the cpu cheat/comeback AI was pathetic and no fun. It was out of control. With the setup I now have, the animations are really fun to watch. They are competitive, but fair. The players dictate the outcomes, not the hyper-active cpu AI that was sometimes too much to overcome. This game is really meant to be played on All-Star level. Having played this game to death (on all levels) this set is just unbelievably fun.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #819
MVP

JG80's Arena

Were these based off your rosters or default 2K's?

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #820
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
Were these based off your rosters or default 2K's?

Sent from Nawlins.
I have 20 years' worth of Classic Hardwood files - complete seasons starting with the 84-85 season. I use the set on page 1 / post 1 for ALL of the roster sets I have. Most of them were created by PortlandBlazer and myself, with a couple other solid contributers. We all pretty much used the same method of roster editing/creating, so there's no need to make any adjustments. You can see I've provided all information on that page 1 post. I follow the current NBA and still enjoy watching it, but don't have much desire to play with current rosters. I'm 42, so I'm an 80's child when the NBA was really busting out with outstanding basketball. From 84-85 to 94-95 was the golden era of the greatest basketball ever played. The NBA is kinda recapturing that, only the fact that the positions seem useless (points, wings, and bigs is the terminology) and a lack of low-post play that I loved to watch. But these sliders have been tweaked to death - literally hundreds and hundreds of games played to get them to where they are. NBA 2K11 is my favorite all-time video game.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #821
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Popped 2K11 in the other night (had it boxed up for a bit while we moved) and man, the game holds up so well. It's still my favorite game in the series and is perhaps my favorite sports video game of all-time.

The classic rosters are such a bonus; Mike and PB did amazing work. Sometimes it'll take me a good 10 minutes just to decide which file to load up, they are all that good.

I'll have to give the sliders a look; I've been playing with an older version of this set for years.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #822
Rookie

I agree with pretty much everything you said, DJ. I really enjoy 2K13 and 2K14 as well, but it seems like I always come back to 2K11, and I'm always amazed at how good it looks and how smoothly it plays.

It's funny, I've been reading back through this thread and found a post that you made a couple of years ago, posting sliders you were using (you said they're MK's with a few tweaks). They're in post #684 of this thread, page 69. I'm curious if those are the ones you're still using, and how they're holding up?

MK's sliders are great for overall feel, but I think I need something slightly easier. He's better at this game than I am!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #823
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

If these are too hard, simply raise the on-ball defense slider. I put it at zero, because after tons of test games, I finally saw the PG's DRIVING to the rim. that was a huge complaint about this game. The PG's with good dribble and drive tendencies will try to blow by you. AND, once they get in the lane, I started seeing some beautiful drop off passes to the big men.

If there are certain issues that anyone is struggling with, just post them here and I can help with any suggestions on making the game easier. I agree these are tough and competitive, but you really have to hunker down each trip down the floor and not waste possessions or get relaxed defensively.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #824
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

I'm so mad , I ordered 2k11 off gamestop.com . The case came but it was MLB 2k11 inside .....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »