Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #841
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Haven't touched this game in years, but with the NBA starting up and my Warriors looking legit, I think I'll give it another shot. A few quick questions though:

1) Will these sliders and settings work for a coach mode player as myself?
2) Any suggestion in a roster file to use? Or are you using default roster?

Good to see people still playing this game. I haven't played any version past this edition, so I don't know if the newer versions are worth picking up. Being that I already have this one and you've created some great sliders, I'll stick with it. Good work.
MK has also picked up on the rosters, you can find completely accurate ones made by him in that respective section.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #842
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Shortly after I sent this I noticed his roster file. Bad thing is that it's for Xbox and I play on PS3. No such luck there, unfortunately.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #843
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Haven't touched this game in years, but with the NBA starting up and my Warriors looking legit, I think I'll give it another shot. A few quick questions though:

1) Will these sliders and settings work for a coach mode player as myself?
2) Any suggestion in a roster file to use? Or are you using default roster?

Good to see people still playing this game. I haven't played any version past this edition, so I don't know if the newer versions are worth picking up. Being that I already have this one and you've created some great sliders, I'll stick with it. Good work.
1) Have never used coach mode...ever. So I can't so with any knowledge on that mode.

2) I use this slider set for EVERY file I have. If you are familiar with the "Hardwood Classics" files - 20 years' worth of complete seasons for 2K11. Also, I have developed a current 2014-15 roster file that I've shared here in a thread. On page 1 / post 1 of that thread you can grab the roster file. On post 2 you can see the slider set (which is the same here - I use 11 minute quarters).
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #844
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Thanks for the response. I think I'll try out your sliders today. Maybe instead of going the coach mode route, I'll try them in CPU vs CPU. I am assuming if I do this I should set the differences in HUM and CPU sliders as the CPU since I won't be actively playing.

As for the rosters, I saw your file shortly after I sent the message last night. Unfortunately, I play on PS3 so your Xbox file won't work. That's a drag. I see someone else who has a PS3 roster for this year, but he said there are no rookies in this file. Not sure why, but I guess that's my only option at this point.

So you are saying go with 11 min. for your slider set rather than the regular 12 (the subject name of this thread though says 12 min.)? Thanks for the response and your help with all of this.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #845
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
So you are saying go with 11 min. for your slider set rather than the regular 12 (the subject name of this thread though says 12 min.)? Thanks for the response and your help with all of this.
I look at the scoring averages in the NBA. I use 12 minutes for the classic files all the way up to the 94-95 season. I use 10 minutes for the seasons beginning in 95-96 because scoring dropped a LOT during that time. But I use 11 minutes for the current 2014-15 season because the averages have risen again. But it's relative to your style of play and personal enjoyment...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #846
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I look at the scoring averages in the NBA. I use 12 minutes for the classic files all the way up to the 94-95 season. I use 10 minutes for the seasons beginning in 95-96 because scoring dropped a LOT during that time. But I use 11 minutes for the current 2014-15 season because the averages have risen again. But it's relative to your style of play and personal enjoyment...
Since I'm looking for the most realistic sim experience there is, I'll stick with 11 min - as you suggested.

One other quick thing: Do you run a franchise? And if so, do you control all 30 teams or just 1 single team?
Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #847
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Since I'm looking for the most realistic sim experience there is, I'll stick with 11 min - as you suggested.

One other quick thing: Do you run a franchise? And if so, do you control all 30 teams or just 1 single team?
I have spent so much time working on various roster files that I've never even played a franchise. But if I did, I'd probably run all the teams and just sim what I don't play so I can keep an eye on it. Have never done so, so I'm not even sure how to do it.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #848
Pro

kcsam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have spent so much time working on various roster files that I've never even played a franchise. But if I did, I'd probably run all the teams and just sim what I don't play so I can keep an eye on it. Have never done so, so I'm not even sure how to do it.
That's funny. Been so long I don't even remember how to do a franchise! I think I am just going to do a 1 team franchise (Warriors) and see what happens. I sure hope the CPU doesn't do crazy stuff with trades and not re-signing their stars.

Another quick thing: Any changes to do the Coach Profiles to enhance the game from your perspective?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »