Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2014, 12:00 AM   #849
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
That's funny. Been so long I don't even remember how to do a franchise! I think I am just going to do a 1 team franchise (Warriors) and see what happens. I sure hope the CPU doesn't do crazy stuff with trades and not re-signing their stars.

Another quick thing: Any changes to do the Coach Profiles to enhance the game from your perspective?
The coaching profiles are actually a ROSTER SAVE. So you can tweak them to fit your enjoyment, but be sure to then save the ROSTER you are working on, as these do not save as a "settings" save. To be honest, this is the hardest part of roster editing for me as I'm just not that good at these. I just try to go with what I know and leave it at that...

Also, I have some more updates to this set. I had to fix the shooting accuracy sliders, but today I played a game from my 1990-91 file and I saw 27 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS COMBINED for both teams. But the shooting percentages were dreadful. So I know the problem: it is the STRENGTH slider that affects offensive rebounding, but that also impacts the passing (too low and it's terrible turnovers) and guys aren't able to get shots off with accuracy, especially underneath. Yeah, I know it's a few years later - but this set is still worth updating. I'll fix them when I get to my notes.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #850
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
The coaching profiles are actually a ROSTER SAVE. So you can tweak them to fit your enjoyment, but be sure to then save the ROSTER you are working on, as these do not save as a "settings" save. To be honest, this is the hardest part of roster editing for me as I'm just not that good at these. I just try to go with what I know and leave it at that...

Also, I have some more updates to this set. I had to fix the shooting accuracy sliders, but today I played a game from my 1990-91 file and I saw 27 OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS COMBINED for both teams. But the shooting percentages were dreadful. So I know the problem: it is the STRENGTH slider that affects offensive rebounding, but that also impacts the passing (too low and it's terrible turnovers) and guys aren't able to get shots off with accuracy, especially underneath. Yeah, I know it's a few years later - but this set is still worth updating. I'll fix them when I get to my notes.
Cool. I look forward to trying them. I'll hold off until you've updated and I've downloaded some updated rosters.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #851
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Updated set posted on page 1 / post 1. With the lowered strength attribute (now at 3) some other shooting sliders had to be increased. You should now see more offensive rebounds and the bumping lowered even more. If you choose to play simulation bball, this set is really fun and rewarding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #852
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Updated set posted on page 1 / post 1. With the lowered strength attribute (now at 3) some other shooting sliders had to be increased. You should now see more offensive rebounds and the bumping lowered even more. If you choose to play simulation bball, this set is really fun and rewarding.
Just what I wanted to hear; simulation! I'm going to try these out very soon. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #853
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Played a game last night using the 1987-88 file. Golden State (cpu) at Boston (me). I won 133-126. Amazingly fun game!! Kevin McHale had 31 points and 17 rebounds. Danny Ainge had 27 points, and Bird 25. Chris Mullin had 25 points to lead Golden State. Nip and tuck game for awhile, and at one point GS led by 13 points. Late in the 3rd I led by as many as 9, so a typical NBA game of runs... Big buckets late won it for me, and some solid free throw shooting. GS shot 48% and I shot 46% - so the game looked solid from statistical point of view. Set on page 1 / post 1 is what I'm currently using, and I'm liking the latest updates...
Old 11-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #854
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very high scores though... What's up with that?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #855
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsky80
Very high scores though... What's up with that?
note something from page 1: these sliders are meant to be played across various different NBA seasons. In the 1980s the NBA scores WERE that high at times. Note that I played against the Nuggets - during that ERA the Nuggets were probably the highest scoring team in league history.

In 1995-96, scores started to take a nosedive. So I only use 10 minute quarters from those seasons to present.

The beauty of a slider set is that you can frame them to fit YOUR needs... The easiest fix is to just lower minutes per quarter.

Last edited by mkharsh33; 11-27-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #856
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Toyed with something... Put user on ball defense at 40. I'm now 100% perfectly happy with this slider set. Everything on page 1 / post 1 is updated and correct. Simply stated, this now plays the most sim-like, beautiful basketball I've played in any video game.

I played a game today. 1999-2000 season. Nuggets (cpu) at Jazz (user). I won 100-93. I trailed by 12 early. At one point I led by 10. Early 4th I trailed by 3.

Karl Malone had 37 points, 10 rebs, 3 assts, 2 steals and 1 block. John Stockton had 18 points and 7 assts. Nick Van Exel led the Nuggets with 28 points and 10 assts, while James Posey had 20 points for Denver. Raef LaFrentz had 9 points and 10 rebs for Denver.

The cpu had 11 offensive rebounds. I had 8. Blocked shots were 5-4 user. I shot 44% while the cpu shot 43%. I took 25 FTs, and the cpu took 24.

Played beautifully...

As a reminder, I use 12 minute quarters for all classic roster sets through the 1994-95 season.

Beginning with the 95-96 season, I use 10 minute quarters. (There was a tremendous nosedive in scoring at this point in NBA history).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »