Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #857
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Yeah - said I wouldn't do it... But try something (if you're still using these). User on ball defense at 40 - I see too much "bumping" - which is something we all know that's an issue with 2K games.

So try this:

- user on ball defense at 10
- cpu consistency at 20

The bumping is near gone. The cpu won't drain every shot they take. At 25 I couldn't get the cpu to shoot below 50% - it was anywhere from 52-55%. At 15, they barely shot at 40%. So I think 20 is the sweetspot. If you lower user on ball defense lower than 10, then the post players have no ability to defend as guys just "slide" right off you.

BUT, if you raise strength above 3, you'll never see any offensive rebounds...

This is the stuff that drives me crazy...
Old 12-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #858
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Have been using your pro sliders MK, was getting great,competitive games when playing with the '93 set, but with this season's update, I've blown teams out in all but 2 games. Usually struggle with this set, but I'm gonna give it another go, your praises are too good haha. Will let you know how things go with your new additions.

Last edited by MavsManiac4Life; 12-04-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #859
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Have been using your pro sliders MK, was getting great,competitive games when playing with the '93 set, but with this season's update, I've blown teams out in all but 2 games. Usually struggle with this set, but I'm gonna give it another go, you're praises are too good haha. Will let you know how things go with your new additions.
I love the pace and gameflow with this set. Seeing more fastbreaks, though unfortunately we know with 2K11 that fastbreaks weren't properly noted in the final game statistics. I also love the animations. Occasionally I see something stupid with regard to the blocked shot animation, but I guess it's something we have to live with (if I set blocked shots to 90 - I just don't see hardly any at all).

Like you said, I'm trying to find the balance between getting a challenge, but not feeling cheated at the same time. Lowering the cpu consistency slider to 20 seems to be the sweet spot. Even at 25 they NEVER miss wide open shots. At 20, they make most of them, but not all of them. That seems realistic to me.

I played with my 1999-2000 roster set (a favorite of mine that portlandblazer created). Boston (me) at Chicago (cpu). I won 96-94. 10 minute quarters. With 6.4 left in a tie game, I got a side out of bounds. Pass went to Kenny Anderson who then had a nice lob pass to the wing for a Paul Pierce game winning shot with only 0.3 left on the clock. I had a 6 point lead late, but I made some stupd plays and Chicago hit back to back 3's to tie it. Pierce had 25 points for me. I liked that Danny Fortson had 10 points and 7 rebs in 13 minutes off the bench for me (4 offensive boards in true Fortson form).

When I checked the boxscore from that season, the Bulls sucked and won only 17 games that season. If I recall, they beat Boston for TWO of their wins that year.

Here are a couple real boxscores from that season - two of Chicago's wins over Boston:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...911130CHI.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...001080CHI.html
Old 03-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #860
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

For anyone still using these...yeah, I went back to the drawing board on some stuff. I've taken about a month and have meticulously tried different variables. Again, the idea is: simulation, realism, player physics, stat accuracy, realistic challenge and fun...

I think I've really incorporated that into this updated set (page 1 / post 1).

The big thing was player physics and more "bounce" among players. The problem with this game is that you fix one hole, only to find you have to plug in a couple/three more. So it's been a challenge.

But this updated set really brings the player movement to life, and the animations are really spot-on.

I know we've been doing this for a few years, but the guys who are doing NCAA Football sliders are still going at it too. I suppose when you are passionate about a game, and enjoy something as much as this game does for us, then it's worth the time and effort.

So if you're still plugging along with 2K11, give these new numbers a look and see what you think. I'm having an absolute blast with them...

Don't let some of the numbers frighten you. I just played a game in which I had 15 offensive rebounds and the cpu had 14. I've seen the cpu block 10 or more shots on me, and I just played a game in which I had 10 (and it was mostly my big men doing so around the rim - not those blocks from guards on the wing players). Stats look pretty good. Great scorers really come to life with this set, especially for the cpu star players.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #861
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you have offensive play calling on Auto or Manual? I'm trying to decide which works better, for realistic player movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #862
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
Do you have offensive play calling on Auto or Manual? I'm trying to decide which works better, for realistic player movement.
I go manual with everything. This game isn't perfect, and there is a lot that happens that doesn't make us happy, but it's too tempting to go manual and then try to "cheat" the game. So I just let the CPU do it's thing...
Old 04-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #863
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I go manual with everything. This game isn't perfect, and there is a lot that happens that doesn't make us happy, but it's too tempting to go manual and then try to "cheat" the game. So I just let the CPU do it's thing...
Do you mean you have it on manual, and don't call any plays yourself? Just let the players move as they will, without any plays being called?
Old 04-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #864
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday
Do you mean you have it on manual, and don't call any plays yourself? Just let the players move as they will, without any plays being called?
Sorry for my stupidity. I meant AUTO - I let the cpu dictate everything. My apologies...

Now, on offense I do freelance a lot, but I try to keep it within the confines of the plays themselves.

Page 1 has a few more minor updates... I'm trying to get the cpu to have a more competitive scoring ability. I'm finding the shooting %'s for the cpu are too low for my liking. So check again for those small updates. If everyone is happy, just ignore them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »