Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #873
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
These sliders are making me WORK as I test out my '08 roster lol. Played Nets @ Mavs (me obviously) last night. Dirk went off, didn't miss many shots until late, but I could not stop Vince Carter, or out of all people Josh Boone lol. He didn't miss and killed me on the boards. I think progress on the roster is going well, but I need to work on my rebounding and dribble moves, can't get into the paint or get solid open looks right now, but I know it's because I'm pretty rusty in the actual gameplay of 2K11, much harder to just pick up and play than 2K14/15 with the right stick dribble.
Yeah, I'm tweaking a couple more things and think I'm close. What I love are the physics. I want the cpu to exploit some things. What I'm tweaking are the shooting sliders so we can get the shooting percentages right. I'm finding the challenge to be solid, but at times, I feel powerless. So I'm fixing this and will post the new numbers in a day or so. Thanks!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #874
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Any chance I can use these on 2K15 and they work?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #875
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
Any chance I can use these on 2K15 and they work?
I would not use them... Gameplay did change as the new 2K games came out, and I'm certain this would not help you - but make things worse. Check the forums here - I'd bet there are some good sets you could try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #876
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I posted the latest updates to the page 1 / post 1 comments.

I've put a TON of time into all the nuances of what I'm trying to accomplish. Animations, statistics, and getting the cpu to provide a realistic challenge without being too hard.

One concession you will have to now make: you will most likely never win a jump ball. I HAD to raise the cpu vertical to that number because they are never a threat to block any shots. But it's a small concession, IMO.

I think you'll now find this game to really open up...

Also, be sure to DOUBLE CHECK all of your numbers!!

I lowered the minutes from 12 to 11 for those older files (prior to 94-95). I was never seeing any games with a score below 105. So this now alleviates that and I'm getting nice variety.

For those still loving this game, let me know what you're seeing... Thanks!!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #877
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Another update. I kinda did a "back to the drawing board" thing... I found the driving contact shot frequency AND inside contact shot frequency sliders played a huge role in the bumping animations and also getting more blocked shots. Less suction in the low post and driving layups. I LIKE where these are headed much better. Again, sorry for the numerous posts, but 2K11 is the only basketball game I play, and well worth the countless hours I devote to it. page 1 / post 1 has the updated set.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #878
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Another update. I kinda did a "back to the drawing board" thing... I found the driving contact shot frequency AND inside contact shot frequency sliders played a huge role in the bumping animations and also getting more blocked shots. Less suction in the low post and driving layups. I LIKE where these are headed much better. Again, sorry for the numerous posts, but 2K11 is the only basketball game I play, and well worth the countless hours I devote to it. page 1 / post 1 has the updated set.
This was something I was gonna comment on as I work on finalizing my 08 roster. I think changing those may have those sliders at a pretty perfect place, will test them out later tonight.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:20 AM   #879
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
This was something I was gonna comment on as I work on finalizing my 08 roster. I think changing those may have those sliders at a pretty perfect place, will test them out later tonight.
Those are 2 sliders I had been avoiding because I was looking at all the other slider sets here and pretty much everyone had them in the 85-100 range.

But when I lowered them I started seeing MUCH LESS "suction" animations on low post play and drives to the rim. I'm now seeing driving PG's really trying to ram it down my throat. And the blocking animations are coming alive.

also, funny...but now that the suction is gone, I'm seeing more offensive rebounds.

I don't play to go any lower with those two sliders because I think if I do, what I then see is the easy ability for low-post guys to "shed" the defender way too easily. There needs to be SOME bumping down low, so I really love what this change brings.

One thing to note: you'll most likely NEVER win a jump ball. But you have to concede that in order to get the defensive players to block shots for the cpu.

For example: before the change, I used played against top cpu defenders: Mutombo, Shawn Bradley, Olajuwon, D Robinson. Hardly any blocks from those guys, even with the blocking slider maxed out. BUT, when I lowered those two sliders for low post and driving to the rim, SUDDENLY those guys came to life with blocked shots. The animations freed them to move, especially from the WEAK SIDE of the floor to make those blocks.

I'm only disappointed it's taken me 4 years to find this out...

would love to hear of your impressions! thanks!
Old 06-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #880
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Using my set, just got thrashed by the Rockets using the Nuggets. Attacking the basket definitely felt easier, but it wasn't a guarantee, guys like Battier still are great defenders and won't let you get by them with a simple move. Suction still occurred a bit with a guy like him, but it's understandable with the defensive ratings I gave him. Shot blocking was excellent! Yao got 4 on me, all in great animations. If I tried to just throw a shot right past him, it was unsuccessful, I had to make a move or draw contact to get to the line. The slider changes really made the game feel better, and with a "perfect" roster that's gotten all the right edits, games should be fun and sim. Great job MK.

P.S.: The one problem that I did run into was undersized blocking. Guards blocking jumpshots/layups over the bigs, but I think that's a block rating and vertical thing. I'm gonna try adjusting those and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »