Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #881
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Mk could you do 2k14 sliders?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No Cheese Zone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #882
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Using my set, just got thrashed by the Rockets using the Nuggets. Attacking the basket definitely felt easier, but it wasn't a guarantee, guys like Battier still are great defenders and won't let you get by them with a simple move. Suction still occurred a bit with a guy like him, but it's understandable with the defensive ratings I gave him. Shot blocking was excellent! Yao got 4 on me, all in great animations. If I tried to just throw a shot right past him, it was unsuccessful, I had to make a move or draw contact to get to the line. The slider changes really made the game feel better, and with a "perfect" roster that's gotten all the right edits, games should be fun and sim. Great job MK.

P.S.: The one problem that I did run into was undersized blocking. Guards blocking jumpshots/layups over the bigs, but I think that's a block rating and vertical thing. I'm gonna try adjusting those and see what happens.
Your ps note - yeah, you're seeing exactly the problem I'm running into. One bit of advice - use your PUMP FAKE and also try using the FADE AWAY shot. Some of the suction stuff we just can't get away from. But I really think after sinking a few years of my life into trying to figure this out - we've about reached the pinnacle of what we'll get with this slider set. I like the variety I'm getting... And I appreciate your feedback on them. thanks!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #883
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Another small update - 3 things to look at if you're updating these:

- user quickness and user vertical are now both at 35. I was seeing too many of my guards block shots from the wing, and that wasn't realistic.

- the other big change is lowering user steal success down to 45 - so now both the user and cpu are the same.

something grabbed my attention the other day: we have all seen how the cpu will note a "blocked shot" as a STEAL instead. So I started wondering if there was something to this... What I THINK I'm now seeing, by lowering this a slight bit - is now those weird blocked shots animations are going away. It looks less like a suction type of block, and more like an actual athletic play. I also had a play today (using the 94-95 Bulls) where Scottie Pippen drove on Shawn Bradley and what happened was a thing of beauty, where Pippen was able to double clutch his shot to get AROUND Bradley's outstretched arm. Before this change, there would have been some stupid animation that didn't look realistic. So maybe we're now onto something.

again, as stated: you will NOT win any jump balls with this setup on the vertical slider. but it's a small concession to make.

But I'll admit, I'm having MORE fun now with this set than I have, and I think we might finally be onto something. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #884
Banned

OVR: 18

11 still plays a really good game. I have 9-13 on the 360 and 14 for the PS3. I like the bounce pass implemented in 13 and I admit to using the right stick dribble. Is there a way to force a bounce pass in 11? I can't find it if it exists.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #885
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
11 still plays a really good game. I have 9-13 on the 360 and 14 for the PS3. I like the bounce pass implemented in 13 and I admit to using the right stick dribble. Is there a way to force a bounce pass in 11? I can't find it if it exists.
I'm seeing bounce passes, especially from the wing into the low post. But I think it has more to do with how the defender is playing against the wing player more than anything. Kinda like you'll see a lob pass from the high post into a low post player - I guess it's determined by the AI within the game. When I'm seeing bounce passes, I can't really say it's anything I've done to create them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #886
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

One small update - lower cpu blocking down to 85 (from 100). Was still seeing some funky/weird stuff - but I think this will really help. As was mentioned earlier, some things happening still that just didn't look realistic. Page 1 / post 1 is totally updated with what i'm using.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:21 AM   #887
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Try using this latest update:

- cpu quickness 65
- cpu shot blocking 90

I played 2 more test games and found that i simply could no stop the cpu with their quickness at 70. it was their back-door cuts that could not be stopped. so if you guys are using this set, try this latest update and see what you think. sorry for all these updates, but I think we are sooooo close!
Old 06-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #888
Rookie

lbjcavsx23's Arena

OVR: 2

Would it be a good idea to use this on 2k15?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »