Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #105
DJ
Hall Of Fame
 
DJ's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 17,384
Blog Entries: 101
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Thanks, Dan! I plugged those in and ran a test game with a couple teams I've completed from my newest 93-94 rosters. I was Utah at home vs. the Lakers (cpu). I lost by 12... But, the cpu shot 47% against me, so I REALLY like these changes.

My problem is that I shot a terrible percentage. What I'm learning is that you have to run plays or this game will punish you. I did a lot of freelance crap (I was in a bit of a hurry because I had to head out with some work-related stuff) and got punished for it.

Thanks for sharing those!
No problem. I had my butt handed to me in 2 games today. First game was using your 92-93 roster set; I was Orlando, taking on the Suns.

Barkely was a BEAST in the game (no doubt he was the MVP that year and I like that you've got him looking trim like he did that season) and outside of Shaq, I didn't get much in the way of offense and lost 106-90. Shooting percentages were 47% for Phx. and 43% for Orl.

Second game was in my Nuggets Association. Dallas put the screws to me and it was one of those games where I couldn't buy a bucket. I shot 36% for the game and lost by 28.

I usually run a lot of plays, but will also freelance with pick-and-rolls or just pass the ball around and try and find a slasher to attack the rim. Usually I do OK with that strategy, but the ball sometimes just doesn't drop.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Madden 20 (XB1S)
NHL 21 (XB1S)
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
DJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #106
Rookie
 
TGraen23's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Hey I don't write on here much but I am an avid reader and have been following this thread for about a week. I am a big fan of these sliders and your rosters. Some really great work here!

I wanted to know your opinion on something gameplay wise. I see above that you have been talking about difficulty freelancing and I agree. It's very tough to create your own shot without the help of plays. But I feel like it would benefit if there was a little more lee way in terms of ISO dribbling, which is more like the NBA, but without making it too run and gun of course. A simple change to on ball defense might suffice but I don't want shooting %'s to inflate.

Anyways, just wanted your opinion and again great work on these sliders. I'm having great games with them!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
TGraen23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #107
Hall Of Fame
 
mkharsh33's Arena
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,557
Blog Entries: 1
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGraen23
Hey I don't write on here much but I am an avid reader and have been following this thread for about a week. I am a big fan of these sliders and your rosters. Some really great work here!

I wanted to know your opinion on something gameplay wise. I see above that you have been talking about difficulty freelancing and I agree. It's very tough to create your own shot without the help of plays. But I feel like it would benefit if there was a little more lee way in terms of ISO dribbling, which is more like the NBA, but without making it too run and gun of course. A simple change to on ball defense might suffice but I don't want shooting %'s to inflate.

Anyways, just wanted your opinion and again great work on these sliders. I'm having great games with them!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Appreciate the feedback! Understand that I'm no expert...not even close. But I've played with a ton of these sliders that I have a bit of a feel for them. For you I would suggest: lower the on-ball defense by 10 (of which I believe would drop that slider value down to 60). What that does is stop some of the "suction" animations and allow you space to create.

Be aware that this can also (IMO) create an issue where top point guards can blow by their opponent with too much ease, therefore cheesing the game.

You might also (option 2) is turn up your user strength by 5 or 10... That would enable your picks to be more effective. But again, that opens the door to cheese the pick-and-roll. One of my gripes about NBA 2K8 is that it was an awesome game in how it flowed and player cuts didn't feel as "stilted" but you could abuse the pick-and-roll.

DAN: I checked my user VIP... I've played nearly 100 games now. I'm proud to announce that I've won 34 of them... LOL!! many of them were done for "testing" purposes, but still...
__________________
STEELERS INDIANS CELTICS
mkharsh33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #108
Rookie
 
TGraen23's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Thanks for the input! I was just curious as to what you thought about that. After playing another great game today between the 01-02 Lakers and Kings, I'm fine with leaving the sliders as is. I'm having too much fun not too to be honest.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
TGraen23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #109
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Or"E"gon
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Able to fit in a game tonight and this time used the 94/95 season [email protected](me). Two of the three J's had it on and burned me good. Smitty was stellar but the rest of the Hawks took the night off. The percentages were good w/ the exception of my FTs which is the first game I just didn't have the rhythm I guess. The Mavs ran me out of the building in this one. Loved the feel none the less. I only play 10min quarters as you can probably tell by the stats.

Jan 1, - at
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dallas (DAL)2912212486
Atlanta (ATL)1120212072
Dallas
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Kidd281-80-50-0442102
Jackson266-131-45-63630018
Mashburn267-121-25-52420220
Jones276-140-02-56022114
Williams221-50-00-01000112
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Harris152-50-20-0300004
Tarpley145-50-01-14101011
Brooks130-20-20-0231010
Atlanta
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Blaylock312-110-10-2180024
Smith3311-193-75-74300030
Augmon263-70-02-4902018
Long303-100-02-41040048
Lang252-30-04-4621018
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Norman304-70-00-2601018
Ehlo120-30-20-0110010
Koncak122-20-00-0510014
dan04103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #110
DJ
Hall Of Fame
 
DJ's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 17,384
Blog Entries: 101
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Appreciate the feedback! Understand that I'm no expert...not even close. But I've played with a ton of these sliders that I have a bit of a feel for them. For you I would suggest: lower the on-ball defense by 10 (of which I believe would drop that slider value down to 60). What that does is stop some of the "suction" animations and allow you space to create.

Be aware that this can also (IMO) create an issue where top point guards can blow by their opponent with too much ease, therefore cheesing the game.

You might also (option 2) is turn up your user strength by 5 or 10... That would enable your picks to be more effective. But again, that opens the door to cheese the pick-and-roll. One of my gripes about NBA 2K8 is that it was an awesome game in how it flowed and player cuts didn't feel as "stilted" but you could abuse the pick-and-roll.

DAN: I checked my user VIP... I've played nearly 100 games now. I'm proud to announce that I've won 34 of them... LOL!! many of them were done for "testing" purposes, but still...
I need to check my record. Last time I looked at my VIP (love that feature, both in NBA and MLB 2K), I believe I was right around .500. I'd imagine I'm still in that ballpark.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Madden 20 (XB1S)
NHL 21 (XB1S)
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
DJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #111
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Or"E"gon
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Squeezed one more game in tonight (darn addicting game). Bucks(me) @ 76ers during the 92/93 season. Day was off for me but BRICKOWSKI saved the day! Ugly first half but the shooting picked up in the second. Both teams shot 36%... YIKES! The difference in this one was the 3pt shooting. I shot 7/14 and the '6ers shot 1/11.

Jan 1, - at
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Milwaukee (me)1715212881
Philadelphia (cpu)2210192374
Milwaukee
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Murdock291-100-08-81620310
Day262-111-46-83220011
Edwards266-120-25-87210317
Avent272-50-03-4500017
Brickowski256-84-40-07001018
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Lohaus161-31-20-0800003
Mayberry142-21-10-0220015
Roberts140-10-13-4320013
Philadelphia
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Hornacek295-120-20-01520010
Hawkins3211-241-38-82421131
Perry272-70-31-1320005
Weatherspoon315-120-03-416022013
Lang220-10-00-0601100
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Dawkins201-100-22-2320024
Gilliam132-50-00-0210004
Anderson122-40-01-2500025
dan04103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #112
It's about that time
 
greenegt's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wash. County, MD
Posts: 4,471
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I need to check my record. Last time I looked at my VIP (love that feature, both in NBA and MLB 2K), I believe I was right around .500. I'd imagine I'm still in that ballpark.
I shudder to think what my VIP record looks like.
__________________
XBL: Mean Greene

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
greenegt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Top -